PDA

View Full Version : Reality Sets In

JulietCapulet
November 9th, 2010, 08:15 PM
I realize that I may want super long hair but I am beginning to doubt that it will even look good on me. I know it looks amazing on other women but I'm not sure about myself. So, I might just stay this length. What do you think? (There are photos of me in my album)

Vermelha
November 9th, 2010, 08:24 PM
I think you have gorgeous hair at the length it is now, and I would say you would look nice with even longer hair. But I think after hair gets to a certain point, it does just look like a bunch of hair and isn't flattering, but that's just my opinion.

I think your layered length is beautiful where you're at ;-)

JulietCapulet
November 9th, 2010, 08:34 PM
I think you have gorgeous hair at the length it is now, and I would say you would look nice with even longer hair. But I think after hair gets to a certain point, it does just look like a bunch of hair and isn't flattering, but that's just my opinion.

I think your layered length is beautiful where you're at ;-)

Thank you :-D

LaurelSpring
November 9th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Your hair looks really beautiful in your album! I imagine most people wonder about this when they reach lengths longer then they have ever had. My hair is longer now than its ever been and longer than most people around here will ever have and I do have moments when I wonder if I am crazy doing this.

I think that as you grow you also have to grow into your hair mentally and there can be a lag time for that. I have gone through alot of transitional phases both mentally and physically. If you can project and visualize yourself as having really long hair and being a person with really long hair then eventually the two will synch up and it will be your reality.

I may have had my doubts at times but now that I am past waist I am so so happy with my hair and I have never loved it so much for so long as I have now. Give it some time and see if it all falls into place for you.

littlenvy
November 9th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Why would you say long won't look good on you??
Your hair is VERY nice and if it looks great at what you have now it will look great 10" from now or even 20".
Plus I hate to break this to you ... but its already long. :)

You do look great it what you have right now, so if you feel like you want to keep it at this length, do so.

JulietCapulet
November 9th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Why would you say long won't look good on you??
Your hair is VERY nice and if it looks great at what you have now it will look great 10" from now or even 20".
Plus I hate to break this to you ... but its already long. :)

You do look great it what you have right now, so if you feel like you want to keep it at this length, do so.

Thank you! :-D

CrowningGlory
November 9th, 2010, 09:09 PM
I think there are awkward stages that everyone goes through when it looks as if long hair won't suit them. For me, it was just before waist. In one sense it looked too long (like I'd forgotten to go to the hair dresser) but in another sense, it wasn't long enough. When I gained a few more inches, it started looking better again and I could visualise it at much longer lengths.

I looked at your album and I suspect that the longer it gets, the more fabulous it's going to look. I wouldn't give up yet if long hair is your dream.

HintOfMint
November 9th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Your hair is exquisite and you are a lovely girl. I have a feeling extra long hair will look very poetic and romantic on you. I would suggest keeping a few face framing layers to curl around your face, simply because you seem to have that in one of your pictures and it looks really nice on you.

Coan-Teen
November 9th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Also something to keep in mind is that if you let it keep growing and decide you don't like it, you can always cut it back to where it is now, but if you never grow it past current length, part of you will always wonder. Just a thought. You'll look fantastic with whatever you decide! I love your color, so naturally I think you should grow more of it, but hair is a personal thing, so do what you feel is right for you. :)

Nenwing
November 9th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Your hair is what I wish my hair would look like, lol! I love the sleek shiny black! Gorgeous! I too have these feelings about my hair, long hair looks great on many others, but me I'm not so sure. I will keep on growing though (only at shoulder length!). ETA: I agree with Crowning Glory, some lengths just look awkward because of where they hit you on your body. Probably why waist is a very flattering length on many, as it goes good with the natural curves and hits at a good point of your body.

Carolyn
November 9th, 2010, 09:24 PM
I think your hair looks great now and it will look even better as you grow it longer. Don't worry about what might be. Keep on growing. If you are unhappy with it you can make small changes later on. When it comes to hair, I think more is usually better. So grow on and enjoy it. I think there are awkward phases for everyone and I'm willing to bet you are having one now.

christine1989
November 9th, 2010, 09:24 PM
I have these same thoughts sometimes but I know that if I cut my hair I will always regret not growing to my goal. I think your hair is beautiful at the length it is now but I immagine it would look stunning long. Afterall, you will always regret not finding out for yourself.

starlights
November 9th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Your hairs very lovely. Do what you feel comfortable with :)

30isthenewblack
November 9th, 2010, 09:40 PM
I remember your other post on the board when your friend said you should cut your hair and perhaps it's making you doubt your decision to grow your hair long. As others have said, there are always awkward stages to growing hair and even people who have wonderful long hair on this board now had those awkward moments. I don't think that everyone looks good with long hair and I love short styles as well as long styles. You have to decide what is right for you and not let anyone dictate to you how you should wear your hair. It's a personal decision. Do what makes you happy. :flowers:

Dragon
November 9th, 2010, 11:39 PM
I've just had a look at your album and I have to agree with the others here that your hair looks great at the length it is now and I think it would also look great longer as well.

Saturnia
November 9th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Grow it long, see if you like it! If you don't think it suits you you can always get it cut later.

Watergallop
November 10th, 2010, 12:06 AM
I don't think I can see your pictures because I haven't written enough posts yet, but I am replying to say that I relate to what you're saying. I'm just past BSL right now and I saw some pictures of myself from when my hair was APL and wavy! Now it won't wave, the ends are gross no matter what I do (unless I flat-iron them) and I look in the mirror and think... my hair is unflatteringly long.

This is not to discourage you (after all, I haven't seen pics of your hair), but to say... maybe it's true that there are hair-types existent that do not look good long. As sad as that idea is to contemplate!

Dyefree
November 10th, 2010, 01:32 AM
Wow, your hair is genuinely stunning.

You are my new hair idol as it's natural curly state reminds me of my hair pre dye, flat iron, bleach, extension abuse.... So I'm hoping my hair in a few years will be similar to yours.... Very inspiring.... Thank you!

To answer your original question I think it will look beautiful even longer. :)

Lianna
November 10th, 2010, 03:07 AM
You have beautiful hair. How long do you want it? You can try on a long wig and see if you like it! I did that once and loved it. :crush: Can't wait to have a side braid resting on my lap!

lilalong
November 10th, 2010, 03:15 AM
Your hair is stunning. As someone who is at BSL and has now decided to stop growing longer I want to say that you should do whatever makes you happy. You can always grow longer later on.

Dolly
November 10th, 2010, 04:40 AM
I think your hair is beautiful. I also think you should do whatever makes you happy. If it were me, I would continue on and see if you like it longer. If not, you can always cut it back to where it is now, which is still considered long by most standards.

smileycat
November 10th, 2010, 04:50 AM
I peaked. Oh, wow, your hair is so shiny! Nothing wrong with continuing to grow until/unless you decide you prefer your hair a bit shorter.

Tabitha
November 10th, 2010, 05:02 AM
Why not just try it and see? you've got nothing to lose. Then you won't be thinking "what if ...?" Keep on growing for as long as you're curious, cut or maintain at the length which you like best (and also find fits in best with your lifestyle).

I had a goal length of waist and actually got a few inches past that, before deciding for several reasons that it was not for me. I cut to mid-back and have been happily maintaining for over a year now - I've "been there, done that" and very happy that I had the experience.

bunzfan
November 10th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Just wanted to add you have the most beautiful hair i love how your dark hair shines:)

It can be a very frustrating journey growing hair but you have come this far and i think the longer your hair is the better it will look.

sophiamarie
November 10th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Your hair is beautiful! I think it looks fabulous, and can only keep looking fabulous. But do what is right for you.

cmnt831
November 10th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Your curls are beautiful! I think you would look good with longer hair, especially if you let the curls do their thing. :)

jojo
November 10th, 2010, 08:49 AM
I think your hair is really gorgeous, as are you and yes the extreme lengths will suit you, though i think everybody suits long, long hair.

spidermom
November 10th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Only you can decide on the right length for you.

curlymarcia
November 10th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Your hair is stunning, I can't imaging it will look bad longer. You can try growing out little more, if you don't like it you can always trim. Your hair is already long, and you will look beautiful with long or even longer hair :)

princessp
November 10th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I peaked too and agree with everyone else: your hair is gorgeous! But as Spidermom said, only you can decide on the right length.

BrightEyes7
November 10th, 2010, 03:02 PM
The thing is different body marker milestones flatter different people. Like waist may not look right on you but then hip will be great. Then TBL may not look right but classic is perfect.... You'll just have to grow to see. And worse case scenario you cut back to where you are now! :)

girlcat36
November 10th, 2010, 03:04 PM
You're hair is beautiful, and if it were on my head I would grow it to classic. But you have to do what makes you happy!

JulietCapulet
November 10th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Thank you everyone for all your encouragement! It has really helped me so much. I feel more confident growing it longer. Thank you!

DakarNick
November 10th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Thank you everyone for all your encouragement! It has really helped me so much. I feel more confident growing it longer. Thank you!

Ankle length! Nah, I think classic would look great!

MissBellydance
November 10th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Wow, your hair is gorgeous! It looks great how it is, but I think really long hair would definitely suit you as well!