PDA

View Full Version : Can I use this Aloe?

chelseamichelle
November 9th, 2010, 02:28 PM
My mother just brought me a bottle of aloe vera gel that she found at a health food store, I had told her to keep an eye out for it because I had difficulty finding it without the numbing agents.

When I looked at the bottle it said "drinkable" :confused: I had no idea you could drink the stuff.. So now i'm not sure if I can use it on my hair, hopefully somebody can tell me if these are normal ingredients for aloe gel and/or if they're safe.

Ingredients: Aloe Vera gel (92.6%), Carrageenan 100LC, Glycerin, citric acid (lemon juice extract), Ascorbic acid, Potassium Sorbate (Mold Inhibitor), sodium benzoate (bacteria inhibitor)

I wanted to use the gel to smooth down friz, as well as help re-grow the hair I recently lost due to a skin condition. So it will be used on hair and scalp.

Are any of these ingredients harmful or damaging?

Thank you!

ikke1978
November 9th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Aloe vera is very healthy for your hair. I used to have shampoo and conditioner and gel with aloe vera.
If you buy it pure, than you can drink it too. I have done that for a month, because it is very healthy, but the taste is horrible. It really won't damage your hair. It is very healthy!

DuckyDot
November 9th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Looks Good to me :)