PDA

View Full Version : Crazy thought- can putting on the radiator/heater/wireless internet damage hair?

Dreamkitty
November 9th, 2010, 08:29 AM
In the winter time, of course the heater is on at home. But I was wondering if a heater is put on for a long time and the room is very warm, would it affect hair? we all know heat affects hair so it seems like a similar concept. Hot air in the room means a hot head of hair?:o

Also could wireless internet damage hair? because I have wireless internet and it is turned on for most of the day. I also go on the computer alot. So I was curious to whether this can have a impact on hair growth? I know its bad for the eyes and health in general but could it possibly have an effect on hair?

:D Crazy thoughts running through my mind but just want to be sure because the heater is on everyday and I go on the computer alot.

My mum is always cooking and its very hot in the kitchen, the steam has caused some of her hairs to grow white. And I think it is because the air in the kitchen was warm & steamy.

Marjolein
November 9th, 2010, 08:34 AM
I'm no expert, but I don't think those things are bad for your hair. In order for heat to damage your hair, it has to be so hot that the moisture in your hair starts boiling, damaging it from the inside out. One thing to consider though, is that central heating tends to dry out the air and thereby also dries out your hair. So, a few extra moisture treatments wouldn't hurt.

aenflex
November 9th, 2010, 08:37 AM
RF I think is what you are referring to, with the Wifi signal? Long term RF affects all types of physical goings-on. Not sure if hair is one of those, but it could be. I say hit up Google.
As far as dry air, yes it can leach the moisture out over time so you will need to replace it.

spidermom
November 9th, 2010, 09:17 AM
A lot of people experience dryer hair in the winter, and I think that's at least partially because of the heater/furnace.

rosek
November 10th, 2010, 01:36 AM
A wifi signal will not affect your hair. Or any other part of your body. Unless maybe you are a robot? :p

Toadstool
November 10th, 2010, 01:38 AM
A wifi signal will not affect your hair. Or any other part of your body. Unless maybe you are a robot? :p
Like!!! :)

GRU
November 10th, 2010, 08:09 AM
I hate to break it to you, but your mom's hair isn't going white because she cooks a lot... it's going white (gray) because she's getting older!!!

aenflex
November 10th, 2010, 08:16 AM
RF signal does effect the human body. That's why, way back in the final pages of every single cell phone manual you will find that they recommend keeping your phone a few centimeters away from your head when using it.
This is copied from connect 802 dot com:
A person's body contains a large amount of water which is an excellent absorber of microwave frequency radiation. There are regulatory guidelines for maximum energy exposure. In almost all cases, people who are at least 2 feet away from a typical 802.11 Wi-Fi access point (with no more than a 5 dBi antenna) are probably within the recommended energy exposure limits. Do I think it effects the hair in daily exposure? Nope. Probably not.