PDA

View Full Version : Disney Princesses with beautiful, long hair that inspired you?

Dreamkitty
November 9th, 2010, 08:02 AM
:D Might seem like quite a childish thread but ever since I was little, I would admire the amazingly beautiful Disney princesses or maybe a classic fairytale book that inspired me to have long hair, such as Rapunzel. And even till this day, I like watching Disney cartoons for that reason.:) Its a nice fantasy that you can achieve as none of them had ridiculosuly long hair like Rapunzel lol.

What was your favourite princess with long hair?

I always thought Ariel from the Little Mermaid had gorgeous red hair.

My hair is black so I would love to have hair that looks like Pocahontas & Princess Jasmine from Aladdin.

JulietCapulet
November 9th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Princess Jasmine

kabelaced
November 9th, 2010, 08:05 AM
I loved Ariel's length and color, but her crazy duckbill bangs are not something I aspire to! Haha. :p

marzipanthecat
November 9th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Sleeping Beauty.

I want to have hair like Rapunzel (as if!) - I saw the trailer for the movie at a cinema last week, and I found myself thinking "Now that's lovely healthy hair"...

Coan-Teen
November 9th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Sleeping Beauty.

I want to have hair like Rapunzel (as if!) - I saw the trailer for the movie at a cinema last week, and I found myself thinking "Now that's lovely healthy hair"...

I found myself thinking, "NOOOO!! Don't do that to your hair! It's so pretty...."

My favorite Disney Princess (maybe not exactly a Princess) was always Esmeralda. She just seemed so strong and confident. Besides which I've always envied thick, curly hair like hers. Gorgeous.

hairobsessed1
November 9th, 2010, 08:51 AM
I second Ariel. The first thing that came to my mind though was the three mermaids in 'Hook' by Steven Spielberg. One has blue, another Red and the last green hair- the way their hair moves underwater is beautiful.

spidermom
November 9th, 2010, 09:15 AM
I'm incapable of looking at a cartoon and thinking of hair. (I'm way too literal.)

HintOfMint
November 9th, 2010, 11:00 AM
I remember desperately wanting hair like Sleeping Beauty's when I was around 4 or 5. Long blonde curliques and all. I was a little dark haired Indian girl with a bob and bangs. I had an imagination, what can I say?

curlycrown
November 9th, 2010, 11:09 AM
I would have to say princess Jasmine because her hair is just so long and I can only dream on having hair that long.

Dyefree
November 9th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Pocahontas without a doubt... The way her hair flowed in the wind had me mesmerized.... :o

Anouk
November 9th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Not sure if it's a Disney movie(probably not), but I loved the character Eris' hair in that animated Sinbad movie that came out in 2003. She was always portrayed in a fluid manner and her hair flowed and cascaded around her all the time, sort of like she was under water. And of course it never got tangled or messy. Very cool.

BrightEyes7
November 9th, 2010, 11:18 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=40564

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=51763

Here are some existing threads regarding this topic.

I always liked Belle and Jasmine's hair.

nena_shawty
November 9th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Jasmine And Ariel my fave hair colors r black and red

Loreley
November 9th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Princess Jasmine was my favourite because she had black hair like I did, and it was incredibly thick and at the perfect length. I've always wanted hair like hers. :D

curlycrown
November 9th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Princess Jasmine was my favourite because she had black hair like I did, and it was incredibly thick and at the perfect length. I've always wanted hair like hers. :D

I think its safe to say that now you do have hair like hers. :)

KittyLost
November 9th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I loved Belle from Beauty and the Beast because I had brown hair and loved to read :)

Her hair wasn't as long as the other princesses but I still loved her regardless and she was always my favourite! Even though she is classed as a princess when she isn't ;)

mrs_coffee
November 9th, 2010, 12:47 PM
I am a total Disney geek, but I've never wanted to look like a princess. Mulan is my favorite animated Disney girl.

Dreamkitty
November 9th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Oh sleeping beauty (Auora) had beautiful, golden hair, even though it wasn't long it was so very thick.

Belle was one of my favourite Disney girls too and I agree even if she didn't have long hair, she just looked so pretty and so sweet.

BrightEyes7, thanks for the link. I didn't know there was existing threads and im looking through them now. :)

Roscata
November 9th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Ariel... :heartbeat

eicamawa
November 9th, 2010, 01:35 PM
I remember seeing Mulan, and I was shocked when she cut of her hair. Why did she want to do that? :p

sailing
November 9th, 2010, 01:51 PM
I'm incapable of looking at a cartoon and thinking of hair. (I'm way too literal.)

Yeah, I see the Disney princesses and have no thoughts of hair. All I see is something that isn't what I want to be. There are a few in some anime or video games that I like, Franziska von Karma because it'd be so fun to have short blue straight hair that I'll never have is a favorite.

TinaDenali
November 9th, 2010, 02:04 PM
I'll have to say Pocahontas, too. I had the Pocahontas barbie after the movie came out and her hair was to her knees. I loved it! She was my favorite barbie. I'd always braid her hair when I was done playing so it wouldn't get tangled in the barie box. :D

Anywhere
November 9th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Pocahontas's hair inspired me. I always wanted her dark, straight, long hair. Of course mine was SL, blonde, and curly at the time. Never did get that dream hair though. :rolleyes: I still wish I had her hair though.

KristiLe
November 9th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Definitely Ariel and Jasmine

BeautifulBella
November 9th, 2010, 03:46 PM
princess jasmine definitely inspires me to this day. hers was healthy and shiny.

WinterInBloom
November 9th, 2010, 04:59 PM
I always liked Princess Jasmine, Pocahontas, Rapunzel, Ariel, and Esmeralda (though not a princess). I just love long pretty hair. :)

Tonks
November 9th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Pocahontas, hands down!

<3OnHerSleeve
November 9th, 2010, 05:26 PM
a little more modern disney, but in Enchanted both when she's a cartoon and "for real", Gisele's waist length curly hair is gorgeous :)

MissCoco
November 9th, 2010, 05:34 PM
I'll have to say Pocahontas, too. I had the Pocahontas barbie after the movie came out and her hair was to her knees. I loved it! She was my favorite barbie. I'd always braid her hair when I was done playing so it wouldn't get tangled in the barie box. :D
Same here! I was obsessed with Pocahontas when I was 5 and had the same kind of barbie that you mentioned. :D And 12 years later, I still want her hair (only wavier/curlier)! :p

MissCoco
November 9th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Then my favorite was Jasmine because I could relate to her "exotic" look the most (I still hope to have her super thick, classic length, wavy dark hair someday, hehe), and Ariel was a huge Disney Princess crush when I was around 8 years old. :p I also liked Aurora, Esmeralda-- oh, and Thumbelina, but she's not even Disney material! :rolleyes:

enfys
November 9th, 2010, 06:00 PM
I loved Belle from Beauty and the Beast because I had brown hair and loved to read :)

Her hair wasn't as long as the other princesses but I still loved her regardless and she was always my favourite! Even though she is classed as a princess when she isn't ;)

Yup, yup and yup.

She's been a princess since 2000 when Disney decided to boost sales. She's not a princess she's a sell out :lol:

bluesnowflake
November 9th, 2010, 06:06 PM
I've always wanted Sleeping Beauty's hair- I love the curls at the ends.

Shellby
November 9th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Sleeping Beauty came out when I was little. I loved her long curls. My mother kept my hair in braids or pony tails all the time. I didn't get to have it down very often, let alone all curly like that! I also love Megara from Hercules. Red and long. She is not a princess, but I loved her anyway. Can't wait to see Tangled. May have to borrow a great niece.

KellyC
November 9th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Ariel! Her hair was so perfect even after just walking out of the ocean.

see_turtle
November 9th, 2010, 07:53 PM
sleeping beauty all the way!:)

frolovsmom
November 10th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Sleeping Beauty... I tried to mimic the look when I got married... same hair length, color, and crown... Boy am I a geek!

Capybara
November 10th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Oooh this is a tough one. Can I say I like all of the princess's hair? :p

I liked how Mulan's hair was so sleek and straight.
I like Ariel's colour.
I like the smoothness of Cinderella's updo.
I like Aurora's curly ends.
I like how Pocahontas's hair flowed in the wind.
I like Snow White's colour and style.
I like the thickness of Jasmine's hair.
I like the little tendrils on Belle's updo.
And Meg had the most incredible volume.

Err ... this is funny, because I'm not a big fan of Disney, :lol:

Not Disney - and I can't even remember her name - but the "Princess" (not sure if she was a princess?) in The Road to El Dorado had really nice hair, too.

tinygirl
November 10th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Definitely Jasmine's or Pocahontas'. Though I do have a soft spot of Ariel's - I thought it was amazing how they managed to make it look so wonderful underwater.

Embrace1913
November 12th, 2010, 01:05 PM
I LOVE Princess Jasmine, Ariel, and Pocahontas!!! Long haired beauties :D

RubyEmpress
November 12th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Pocahontas without a doubt... The way her hair flowed in the wind had me mesmerized.... :o

I second that her hair looks so silky and amazing when it's dancing with the colors of the wind haha

RubyEmpress
November 12th, 2010, 01:50 PM
I actually had to go Youtube the Colors of the Wind video :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkV-of_eN2w

Henrietta
November 13th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Ariel! Her hair was so perfect even after just walking out of the ocean.
Yes! Yes! And the colour... Mmm...:)

Also, I loved Belle's updos;)

MissCoco
November 14th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Oooh this is a tough one. Can I say I like all of the princess's hair? :p

I liked how Mulan's hair was so sleek and straight.
I like Ariel's colour.
I like the smoothness of Cinderella's updo.
I like Aurora's curly ends.
I like how Pocahontas's hair flowed in the wind.
I like Snow White's colour and style.
I like the thickness of Jasmine's hair.
I like the little tendrils on Belle's updo.
And Meg had the most incredible volume.

Err ... this is funny, because I'm not a big fan of Disney, :lol:

Not Disney - and I can't even remember her name - but the "Princess" (not sure if she was a princess?) in The Road to El Dorado had really nice hair, too.

Her name is Chel. Awesome character, awesome hair! :D And you said everything perfectly for the other princesses!

starlights
November 14th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Cinderella!

RachieBaby
November 16th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Belle from beauty and the beast!

Tia2010
November 16th, 2010, 01:33 PM
hummm...I never really thought about it ( I have all sons so Disney princess' were never must see TV around here :) ) I would have to say Jasmine from Aladdin. I love long dark hair !

turtlelover
November 16th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Pocahontas! She has my dream hair!!! :cheese:

kathyblack1
November 21st, 2010, 10:56 AM
Jasmine has the best Princesse hair hands down IMHO! Then comes Ariel, only because Belle isn't technically a Princesse ;p

hazelnut
November 21st, 2010, 12:33 PM
Definitely Princess Jasmine.

HannahDelicious
November 21st, 2010, 01:30 PM
I love Disney animation with a passion which has sort of been rekindled recently. When I was younger, I was exposed to a lot of the older Disney cartoons, partly because I just liked them more than anything else. Now that I am older, I can appreciate Disney for their feats in animation.

All of the Disney princesses have impressive hair, since hair is so manipulable in terms of animation. As a kid, I was mesmerized by Ariel's hair, and now I realize that this is because the animation style was deviating from older works in terms of fluidity. The same goes for Pocahontas, the animation was much more fluid.

Now I am excited for the new movie "Tangled", because the CG animation is the most fluid I have seen as of yet. Rapunzel was a great character to choose for such animation because her vast amount of hair is great to experiment movement within CG animation...

Excuse me, I got a little excited there.:D

lhangel9
November 21st, 2010, 01:35 PM
Rapunzel!!!!!!!

IcarusBride
November 21st, 2010, 01:42 PM
I always wanted Pocahontas's hair! But I don't have black hair :(
I also wanted Sailor Moon's hair, haha, not a Disney princess but another cartoon. I also don't have blonde hair, though.

BeachBabe91
November 21st, 2010, 01:59 PM
Sleeping Beauty's for sure.

(Sailor Moon's was my favourite though.)

autumnchild
November 22nd, 2010, 09:21 AM
Even though she is not a princess technically, she is in my eyes. :inlove:
Lilo, from Lilo and Stitch..

Runners up... Tiana and Aurora

Aria
November 22nd, 2010, 01:19 PM
Sleeping Beauty's--long, lush, and an amazingly rich shade of gold. I can um...maybe get that long someday. The rest, no go. One out of three? To this day I use that hair as a basis for most make-a-character situations.

joiekimochi
November 23rd, 2010, 07:42 PM
I was tremendously inspired by the hair-cutting scene in Mulan! Not that it made me want to cut my hair, but it made me want to step out and do something glorious.

christine1989
November 23rd, 2010, 08:41 PM
People have always said that I looked like snow white and that actually inspired me to keep my hair in a short bob for quite a while. I have always wanted long hair like Jasmine though (and maybe a pet tiger too ;))