PDA

View Full Version : 09 summer goals

Xan
May 30th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Just curious for who would like to grow much longer ( hurry up al ready) I would like to grow from 36" to 40" by this time next year anything more would be a bonus.

Cinnamon Hair
May 30th, 2008, 11:48 PM
My hair doesn't cooperate with time strict goals. If it did, my wish would be to have more horizontal volume in '09.

OR Cowgirl
May 31st, 2008, 12:26 AM
My goal is 50 inches by the time I'm 40 which will be July of '09.

DecafJane
May 31st, 2008, 12:40 AM
July '09? I want to be at BSL!! :D
(I get about an inch or so per month, so I'm not being completely deluded. ;) )

ailin
May 31st, 2008, 12:51 AM
BSL, which shouldn't be impossible...

C_Bookworm
May 31st, 2008, 12:55 AM
Between BSL and Waist. I'm going to think pretty positively.

ShadowSwallow
May 31st, 2008, 01:11 AM
I'm pretty sure I'll end up at about BSL, maybe inching near waist.

flapjack
May 31st, 2008, 01:31 AM
A year from now... hmm. Probably just... really healthy hair! I would like it hip length (basically where it is right now) or longer, maybe let it go to the bottom of my tailbone (right above where you start sitting on it) and then maintain. I still don't know how long I want to go. Mostly, I am just trying to get rid of the rest of my layers to thicken up the bottom.

Saranne772
May 31st, 2008, 01:33 AM
I hope to be at knees. Which if I keep up the current growth rate and the damage doesnt get any worse like it did at classic last year should be feasible

Gabriel
May 31st, 2008, 01:38 AM
I should be at past tailbone (almost sitting on it) if I don't get some crazy notion to get a massive trim like I always seem to every so often.

30isthenewblack
May 31st, 2008, 04:53 AM
I live in Australia so I think we're talking about our Winter 09 goals for those who live in the southern hemisphere. I would like to be between bsl and waist curly. My hair is bsl when I pull it straight at the moment. I hope to be bsl curly by the end of the year fingers crossed :)

AprilElf
May 31st, 2008, 04:59 AM
This time next year I will hopefully be at classic. I have about 9 months of growing to do, but will probably have to do a bit of trimming to tidy up the ends - so that will account for the other 3 months. ;)

FrannyG
May 31st, 2008, 05:00 AM
I hope to be firmly at waistlength by the summer Equinox of '09. :)

ChloeDharma
May 31st, 2008, 05:06 AM
If i don't cut and i haven't reached terminal length (or a long stall as i'm telling myself) then i'm hoping my length will be much more firmly in the bum region....classic would be ideal if i grow as i normally do.

If i trim like i'm sort of considering then i hope to be back at hip with fairly much all virgin hair and more thickness.

Ms Monnie
May 31st, 2008, 06:25 AM
Either thick tailbone length hair or wispy classic length. Maybe somewhere inbetween. *Sigh* I should have reached classic late last year.

Periwinkle
May 31st, 2008, 06:30 AM
Waist! I'm just brushing BSL now (brushed or air dried, I'm about 1mm over the top of the strap), so that shouldn't be impossible. I'd also like to (hopefully) have got rid of the ghastly line where my layers are and have hair that is more or less one length, barring the shaping around my face, which will take forever and a day to grow out. I've decided to do a trim of the layered bit in September, just before I go back to school, and hopefully take out all of it (there's about an inch and a half) or about half of it.

Florida Mom
May 31st, 2008, 07:01 AM
Since I'm about 1 - 1 1/2" shy of waist now, I'm hoping to be nearing TB by this time next year.

Guenever
May 31st, 2008, 07:15 AM
I will have trimmed about approx. 5 inches of growth by then (*sigh*) but on the plus-side: my ends will look WAY better! :D If it grows fast this summer I may even achieve some length as well! We'll see if the darn hair will co-operate^^
Also my virgin roots will be longer - around shoulder - yay!

Lamb
May 31st, 2008, 07:21 AM
APL, or just shy of it. But honestly, I care more about the health of my hair than its length right now. The thought of a long Canadian winter between today and summer '09 is daunting, to be honest...

lilalong
May 31st, 2008, 07:23 AM
past BSL, for sure. I'm only 2 inches away. Yeah!

Gothic Lolita
May 31st, 2008, 07:28 AM
In summer 09 I will graduate and hopefully have TB length to show of then!

jojo
May 31st, 2008, 07:32 AM
Well I grow an estimated 9 inches a year so I hope to be 33" by this time next year, which is past waist and crawling to hip length!

I hope it turns out this way but if it doesn't as long as it's healthy and past BSL I will be happy.

Alva
May 31st, 2008, 07:34 AM
July 2009 I hope to have past classic length

paper
May 31st, 2008, 08:50 AM
A year from now, all my layers should be cut off and my hair 1 length. Maybe APL

Robinlyn
May 31st, 2008, 09:09 AM
I will hopefully be at BSL ++

squiggyflop
May 31st, 2008, 09:14 AM
i hope to either be tailbone length this time next year.. im not crazy my hair has grown pretty fast since joining.. i went from shoulder to waist then trimmed back to bsl now im on my way back to waist.. all in like 9 months with 4 inches trimmed total.. so im betting that getting to tailbone 12 months from now is a reasonable goal..

however i might give up that goal for annother goal.. i want to be free of the dye damage.. my henna only hair is a bit past shoulder length on the canopy.. its alot longer in the back.. i think the back of my head grows faster.. so i might maintain waist or hip for a while to trimm off all the bleach damage..

either way ill be happy.. well i wont be happy for the first couple of days after a trim.. (i still wish that i didnt have to trim off 4 inches.. i would be hip length right now if those ends hadnt been so damaged).. i would have gone from shoulder to hip in less than a year.. its my fault for bleaching my hair white all the time just so that i could use manic panic hairdye.. i guess that is the price of pink hair

Zindell
May 31st, 2008, 09:17 AM
Summer 2009: BSL for all my hair except my bangs!
(I cut it back to a long bob last fall to get all hair even 'xept bangs so don't look at my profile-pic. My hair is shorter atm).

I recently started to grow my bangs out so hopefully all my hair will be the same length by 2010. Cheese! :cheese:

maskedrose
May 31st, 2008, 10:22 AM
I'm hoping to be near waist (maybe at waist, depending if I get a couple growth spurts). I've got about 5 inches to go, but I usually need to get 1" trims 2 or 3 times a year, so we shall see how far I get :)

SweetPea88
May 31st, 2008, 10:38 AM
I hope to have no more layers! Ahh, that would be sooo nice! Maybe on my way to hip as well?

Indigo Girl
May 31st, 2008, 11:59 AM
This time next year I would like to be at tailbone with *healthy* ends. :D My length has progressed slowly because I keep having to trim damaged ends.

Curlsgirl
May 31st, 2008, 01:26 PM
Well I have to get a trim every now and then too to cut off damage so I hope to be at or past waist curly by then. If so I will be VERY happy. It has taken a lot longer than I thought it would. Now if it was pulled STRAIGHT I would only have about 2 inces to go but I am counting curly and waist. Then I am going to try for TB. I doubt I will go past that.

Sapphire'sWings
May 31st, 2008, 01:28 PM
I should be past waist then, maybe even hip length. I should reach waist in a few months. Only 2 inches left until waist length! :D

jel
May 31st, 2008, 02:42 PM
Ideally, my ends will be hitting tailbone, my ultimate goal. :D

Finoriel
May 31st, 2008, 03:08 PM
I´m due for a maintenance year, I think. Most likely starting when I reach fingertip, which should be soon.

So this time next year: maintaining at fingertip.

Iylivarae
May 31st, 2008, 03:21 PM
I hope to be at classic at that time. I just reached hip, I'm hoping for TB around christmas, so it should be possible to get to classic in a year...

And I too hope that my hair thickens a bit... I think that could be possible, I am losing quite few hair at the moment (about 10-20, instead of >100 last year).

Buddaphlyy
May 31st, 2008, 03:23 PM
Past shoulder length, maybe APL? And thicker, that's be great.

Meli
May 31st, 2008, 04:36 PM
Well, classic would be fun :bigtongue: But as I have 10.5" left to grow until classic, a more realistic goal for next summer is 40" - that will still be longer than I ever have had and I'll also be entering a new decade of inches.

CurlyNinja
May 31st, 2008, 06:46 PM
I'm just hoping to get to waist-while curly by the end of this calendar year, and I think my goal of hip-while-curly should be attainable by this time next year. Maybe? I'm not entirely sure, but a girl can hope, right? :o

atlantaz3
May 31st, 2008, 08:51 PM
I'd be happy with four more inches by next July, which I think is realistic for me. That would also put me two inches away from goal. Little steps!

rubyann
May 31st, 2008, 09:41 PM
Right now my ends reach BSL if I pull my wurlies straight down. I'd like to be at waist next summer, stretched out of course!

socks
May 31st, 2008, 11:12 PM
As long as I don't hit terminal anytime soon, by this time next year, my hair should be about 4" away from my ankles! :cheese:

Once I hit ankle-length, though, I'm going to start maintaining it. My ends are really scraggly right now.

Chamomilemaiden
June 1st, 2008, 02:42 AM
I hope my hair will reach tailbone when wavy... and then I would consider myself longhair :joy: . Few days ago I found that the longest strands already reach tailbone, but only when pulled straight down.

anna1850
June 1st, 2008, 02:53 AM
I should be near tailbone by this time next year. I will probably be at tb when my hair is straight but a good few inches away curly.

suicides_eve
June 1st, 2008, 07:27 AM
i should be hitting BSL i can't wait!

Sana
June 1st, 2008, 08:04 AM
I am hoping to get past BSL & continue without trims till I reach waist!

freznow
June 1st, 2008, 10:32 AM
I would say knee, but that's probably two years from now. So I'll probably be at mid thigh by this time next year.

snowbird
June 1st, 2008, 06:11 PM
Oh wow- if my hair grew enough that I could start to make a clearer distinction between bangs and length (in otherwords, longer than it is wide) I'll give a yipee.

Alenka
June 2nd, 2008, 09:16 AM
I hope to be past TBL in Summer 09.

trolleypup
June 9th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Just curious for who would like to grow much longer ( hurry up al ready) I would like to grow from 36" to 40" by this time next year anything more would be a bonus.
Huh, this looks just like all the other threads you've started.

<modly post>

toodramatik
June 9th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Well, i have a goal for winter 2009 (which is actually summer 2009 for me)

Waist. waist. waistttt.

rhosyn_du
June 9th, 2008, 02:04 AM
By this time next year, I should be at BSL. :eyebrows:

Toadstool
June 9th, 2008, 03:28 AM
If I can just keep my hands off the scissors I will be at APL I think. that would be a dream come true!

Sakura07
June 9th, 2008, 03:37 PM
I want the front of my hair to be at least shoulder length.

Eboshi
June 9th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Xan, this thread looks exactly like all the other threads you've started.

<modly post>

Would you find it helpful if I merged all of your threads ?

Fee
June 9th, 2008, 04:37 PM
I wish to be at tailbone length this time next year. If my hair continues to grow at this rate and if I don't trim it...I might even be really near classic!

Cinnamon.locks
June 10th, 2008, 12:45 AM
I am hoping that my hair will be around 33 inches by july 09. but it all depends on trims and damage. i am now 27 inches due to small trim in may so i am hoping my hair will grow that much by next summer 09.

Pikkukala
June 10th, 2008, 01:45 AM
By June 09 I'd like to be firmly at tailbone or little bit past it. That's a good 3 or 4 inches or so for me.

maighdean
June 19th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Hopefully my scalp situation will improve, my ends will be less brittle, and my hair will grow to my hips.

Igor
June 19th, 2008, 02:26 PM
In the summer 2009 if my scalp cooperates I should be creeping from mid thigh to approaching knee-length
Wow :hollie:

Euphony
June 19th, 2008, 02:37 PM
I'm hoping to be maintaining at tail bone by then and slowly trimming for the layers to catch up - when my hair is pulled straight it's got about 2 more inches, but I'm greedy and want tail bone wavy. I'm also hoping for a 100 pound weight loss by then! I can dream :grin:

chrissy-b
June 19th, 2008, 02:37 PM
By this time next summer I should be a few inches past BSL and nearing waist (I hope).

Katahdin
June 19th, 2008, 03:30 PM
A firm tail bone length for me :)

Shouldn't be impossible, as long as I take good care of it....

morgwn
June 19th, 2008, 03:40 PM
I really would like to be at tail bone length by then, probably appearing hip when dry. By May of 2009 I'm hoping to have my hair appearing to be past my waist when dry.

zanne
June 19th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Can I call this waist length? and a healthy hemline would be lovely by this time next year

rymorg2
June 19th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Back to BSL for me......it isn't unlikely either since I'm not trimming and my hair grows 3/4" to an inch a month. :D

Eboshi
June 19th, 2008, 04:03 PM
XAN

Now why is it that we have never seen a photo of your hair ?

And, you ask soooooooooo many questions.

Care to tell us something about yourself ?

Anything at all ?

[modly post for benefit of membership]

lirael
June 19th, 2008, 04:18 PM
I don't know exactly how long mine is now- it seems different every time I measure. It's definitely longer than classic now so I guess the next goal is knees. I should be pretty close in a year, I hope!

What about you, Xan? Are you going to post pictures of your hair soon?

harley mama
June 19th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I would love to be close to classic with a nice, thick hem.
I would settle for TB length with a more healthy hem.

saman
June 19th, 2008, 05:41 PM
I hope it would pass my shoulders

cassie_g
June 19th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Hopefully I'll be at classic by the time next summer rolls around.

crystal_89
June 19th, 2008, 06:40 PM
This time next year, without trimming, I'm hoping to reach tailbone. Oh please oh please oh please...

AlleyKitten
June 19th, 2008, 10:47 PM
It would be rad to be at classic by this time next year, but I don't know that it's going to happen. I should be between TB and classic for sure.

nicolina
June 20th, 2008, 02:00 AM
I'd love to be BSL by next summer, but I think that a more realistic goal is halfway between APL and BSL... :(

Pegasus Marsters
June 20th, 2008, 02:02 AM
I'm hoping somewhere between Belle and Aurora length next summer (that being BSL and waist.. actually I hope to be BSL by christmas which might happen if my growth rate keeps up!)

boukje
June 20th, 2008, 04:47 AM
I would love to be at classic length by that time (or to classic earlier so I can trim and my hemline will thicken up :inlove:)

Duchess of Erat
June 20th, 2008, 05:43 AM
Lengthwise hopefully I'll be between hip and tailbone by that time.

Also I've been switching to no SL(E)S shampoo, which my scalp really likes, and I've just got some coconut oil, so I'll be trying to keep that up as well.

Katze
June 20th, 2008, 05:56 AM
My goal for next summer is a thick hemline at waist.

That means 30 inches on me without fairytales/taper. Currently, my hair is acceptably thick until about 24 inches. 6 inches in a year seems like a lot, as I don't think my hair grows very fast, and I expect to have to trim. But even 29" and thick would be wonderful!

I hope to "really" reach BSL (27" and thicker, non see through hemline) this year. 3 quality inches in 6 months - maybe doable!

JessTheMess
June 20th, 2008, 07:47 AM
I'm keeping my fingers crost for hips, but most likely waist because I am growing out shag layers :(

AJoifulNoise
June 20th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Half to 3/4 down my behind? I think asking for classic is a little too much as my hair growth has slowed down.

Darkhorse1
June 20th, 2008, 02:19 PM
I'd like to see how long my bangs that I'm growing out get, and see if I can grow my hair to 35 inches. You all have inspired me! But, it seems to get very flat/thin feeling at about 32 inches, so I'm not sure if I can manage 35 :)

Alaskanheart
June 20th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Bra strap length going into the waist region and the old damage and layers gone and my natural color grown out at least to apl.Should be very reasonable, if my growth starts up again

.Amanaka.
June 20th, 2008, 09:43 PM
I would like to be either at tailbone or between tailbone and classic. I'm betting that I can pull off tailbone, and still allow for one or two trims throughout the year.

Also, I would love to have at least SOME virgin hair then - I do now, but you can't really tell.

Mi-chan
June 21st, 2008, 04:47 AM
I might just make shoulderlength, or a little more by summer 2009... not sure.

Patrycja
June 21st, 2008, 09:15 AM
I plan on keeping up the updo challenge and kick starting my growth back up(try vitamins and etc).I don't know why it's slowed but it has :( But good news-my shedding scare seemed to have stopped :)

orangeeyecrayon
June 21st, 2008, 09:50 AM
My goal is to be at BSL by august of next year. If my hair growth rate keeps up than i should just make it to BSL other wise i will proboably end up about APL

Michiru
June 21st, 2008, 02:34 PM
I am hoping to get to 36 inches and not to pull out any more hair. Ok, I know I will pull some out but I just don't want any more large holes. :p

Brianna
June 21st, 2008, 03:02 PM
I think by next year I should have hit "definitely waist length", even counting a couple of trims and possibly slow growth rate. At the very least, I think. :)

Tap Dancer
June 21st, 2008, 03:25 PM
My hair is a little below my shoulders right now. It's been almost a year since I had it cut and I don't plan on getting a trim for another year or more. So I should be around BSL (or longer) by next summer. My hair grows like a weed! :)

kowlrea
August 14th, 2008, 09:39 PM
my goal for next summer (the ending of it) is to be HL. Im BSL now and I have 10 " to get to HL ...im upping my vitamins, my scalp massages .. everything !

Hairytale
August 15th, 2008, 03:06 AM
I'd like to have waistlong hair (or longer, if possible) by July/August 2009. Currently my hair is definitely BSL. 16 months ago, I was at shoulder length, so waist should probably be possible. (Or do you think I'm being a little too optimistic?)

Elanor
August 15th, 2008, 03:39 AM
I'm going to Greece in Aug 09 with my sister and I'd love to walk along the beach with beautiful waist lenght hair hanging loose and shining in the sun :sun: :grin: I also hope my shortest layers will be past shoulders by then. I only have about 4 inches to go but I'm planning to do a couple of trims before summer.

Elanor
August 15th, 2008, 03:44 AM
I'd like to have waistlong hair (or longer, if possible) by July/August 2009. Currently my hair is definitely BSL. 16 months ago, I was at shoulder length, so waist should probably be possible. (Or do you think I'm being a little too optimistic?)

I don't think you are being too optimistic, my hair is the same length as yours I think and I have the same goal. I bet we will both have lovely waist long locks by summer :wink:

Hairytale
August 15th, 2008, 03:46 AM
Hehe, yeah, we should both post pics in a thread next summer, showing off our waistlong locks! :cheese:
/end thread hijack

Kyannah
August 15th, 2008, 04:24 AM
I am hoping to be at waist by summer of '09. :cheese::cheese::cheese:

Monsterkitti
August 15th, 2008, 04:46 AM
I'd love to have waist by next summer although I think just approaching waist is more likely :)

Gothic Lolita
August 15th, 2008, 05:14 AM
I'd love to have tailbone by the end of this year. In summer 09 it would be nice if my longest layer had catched up to tailbone too.

Eireann
August 15th, 2008, 12:24 PM
There's a chance I could be at waist by next summer. :cheese:

AJoifulNoise
August 15th, 2008, 12:26 PM
I'm going to go with wishful thinking and say tailbone. I was almost there this summer, maybe I can actually do it next summer. :cool:

peachrose
August 15th, 2008, 12:37 PM
I think by next summer I should be at BSL wavy...

yogachic
August 16th, 2008, 01:11 PM
July '09 I hope to be at waist or further if i decide to keep going.

NurseMama
August 16th, 2008, 01:16 PM
By this time next year, I know that I will be waist almost hip length (35-39 inches on me). My growth is pretty fast, I just have to stay away from the scissors and take good care of fragile ends!

dorothea-brooke
August 16th, 2008, 01:18 PM
A year from now, incredibly, I should be nearly at my final goal length of tailbone!

Okay, this is hard to imagine.... :silly:

A conservative growth rate of 1/2" per month means I'll be at 31" in a year. So factoring in a spurt or two.... :pray:

Wow -- this is an eye-opening thread! :grin:

andrea1982
August 16th, 2008, 08:50 PM
I finally hit APL, and I'm hoping to be at or close to BSL by next summer.

toodramatik
August 16th, 2008, 08:57 PM
I'm hoping for BSL. My hair grows pretty fast if it's neglected.. so..

BSL. BSL.

Katahdin
August 16th, 2008, 11:23 PM
I'm hoping I'll be tailbone by then...

I really have no idea how fast my hair grows at all, so I'm estimating low. I'm about 3-4 inches from tailbone atm, so if I grow the average of 6 inches a year, I might even be farther if I don't trim too much =D

Millielie
August 17th, 2008, 02:30 AM
I hope to be between APL and BSL then.
But I have to maintain the length for a while I guess.

Arctic
August 17th, 2008, 04:11 AM
I'm hoping to reach MBL (I prefer this gender neutral term to BSL) by the summer 2009 with healthy, thick ends.

Saranne772
August 17th, 2008, 05:30 AM
I'm hoping to have reached 50 inches :D

Wanderlust
August 22nd, 2008, 11:20 PM
I'll be at BSL by this time next year. :)

nicolina
August 23rd, 2008, 02:19 AM
I'm fairly confident that I'll be BSL when straight by next summer, but ideally I'd like to be BSL when my hair has dried (it goes wavey, sometimes even quite curly). I am also graduating in July 2009, and would like to be able to do something really showy with my hair.

Ashley
August 23rd, 2008, 02:40 AM
I will hopefully have reached hip length by then! :) Can't wait!

cani
August 23rd, 2008, 07:06 AM
bsl (hopefully more :pray:)

Juanita
August 23rd, 2008, 07:58 AM
Hopefully hip with my taper and more hair at waist.More natural colour (Grey)grown out Currently grown to chin length.In Nov it will be 2 years since I stopped colouring.Should be another 6 inches grown out. Current length with taper 29 inches

Little_Bird
August 23rd, 2008, 09:30 AM
A year from now I'd like to be at a solid tailbone lenght (which is about 8 cm from now) with better ends. I plan to trim my hair at least two to three times in a year's period, or maybe just dustings, so that I can get to tailbone. After tailbone, I guess the big trimming year begins (I will most likely have to make a year of constant trimming, or I'll never have my dream ends!).

Those are my goals! To be at tailbone ready to even out my ends!

(It's funny to say: I always tough I'd start evening my ends with regular trims after waist, but now that I am at waist, I just changed my mind... can I be taken serious here? :p)

sexyjacksparrow
August 24th, 2008, 02:22 AM
I'd love to be at BSL by next summer. I might manage BSL pulled straight but doubt I'll make it BSL curly that soon.

Chrissy
August 24th, 2008, 06:22 AM
I want to be able to do a pony stub. I've been missing my long hair lately. But I am enjoying (for now) the growing out process. At least I have a good style for growing.

beyondcute
August 24th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Comfortably blunt WSL I know it totally do-able so heres to happy hair growth! :cheer:

Oberon88
August 24th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Hip, with more thickness at waist.

BeatlesFanGirl
August 24th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Waist (I'm @ BSL now), with more thickness. I dunno how I'm gonna do it.. :D But I'll try :) But I must not even trim for a year to reach that goal.

Red Jezebel
August 24th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Fingertip length by end of June 09... which is 43" according to my husband who just helpfully measured me. This is my final length goal and would be just in time for a massive black-tie do held by my in-laws that's happening in early July.

4 more inches. Since I've just started growing again after a 6 month stall I do have doubts I'll get there. :D

Starr
August 24th, 2008, 01:18 PM
I hope to be at or nearing classic by then, barring any complications.

RedElephant
August 24th, 2008, 09:11 PM
I hope to be at waist or a little longer stretched. Curly, I hope I can get somewhere near armpit.