PDA

View Full Version : sunburnt scalp! + Hair treatment link :)

Barniie
November 9th, 2010, 12:36 AM
I just found a great site for lists of hair treatments :)
find it here (http://www.hair-styles-secrets-revealed.com/recipes.htm)

Also - I BURNT MY SCALP!!!
After a rendez-vous with rag curls (which somehow, despite using only 6 rags, gave me trillions of teensy tiny ringlets) I left my hair out and went to a fair. Only to come home yesterday and find a big red spot on my scalp!

For now I put a blob on coconut oil on it, and will wash with head and shoulders shampoo. Any other suggestions?
Thanks!

Barniie
November 9th, 2010, 01:39 AM
*bump* :) anyone?

RadiantNeedle
November 9th, 2010, 01:45 AM
Aloe vera! The pure stuff, great for re-hydrating and soothing sore, sunburnt skin.

GRU
November 9th, 2010, 11:10 AM
I second the aloe vera suggestion.

Also be prepared for a nasty looking flake-fest when that skin starts to peel..... blech!

Shellby
November 9th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Aloe for sure. As a fair skinned person I have had this happen more times than I want to remember. One time I had my hair in two french braids and forgot a hat. It was as if my scalp was striped with burns! Aloe soothes it quick. The head and shoulders may burn a bit. I wouldn't usually wash mine after a burn, at least for a day or so. Just dabbed some cool water on it with a rag. The peeling is icky. I used a soft brush like a baby's hair brush to gently rub my scalp to get them off. ((hugs)) hope it heals quick!