PDA

View Full Version : Itchy, flakey scalp

Whimsical wind
March 11th, 2008, 08:19 PM
I mentioned this problem on the old LHC just before it went down, but I didn't get to read the advice given.

My scalp isn't very happy. The bit where my hair parts is white and its quite a contrast with my browny-red hair. I need to do something, that is, something that works.
A while ago I started washing my hair everyday alternating between neem conditioner (which is heaven, by the way) and a mixture of white vinegar, witch hazel, lemon and lavendar essential oils.
That helped, but only if I did it everyday. On top of that I was doing a hot oil treament with olive oil and jojoba oil three times a week. Well, I got lazy. So now I'm back to my old scary scalp. I read that neem oil is very good for any scalp condition, but I have been warned it smells a bit.
So I should I try the neem oil? Any other suggestions?

TIA :flowers:

ChloeDharma
March 11th, 2008, 09:04 PM
It sounds like you found what works before and just need to go back to doing that again.

I mean you could try other washing methods and see if that helps too.

Furiana
March 11th, 2008, 09:14 PM
I would keep up the old routine while waiting for new ideas. It's a bit of a hassle, but you know that it works! ;)

Hopefully someone will come by with more info soon!

Good luck with your scalp :flowers:

Whimsical wind
March 11th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Thanks. I will try and overcome my lazyness and keep up with my old routine.

Dare_to_Dream
June 8th, 2011, 08:57 PM
I would recommend no shampoo method. I used to have a terrible scalp and quitting shampoo cleared everything up. I use an apple cider vinegar rinse a couple times a week and a deep conditionning olive oil treatment once a week.

Seharia
June 8th, 2011, 10:12 PM
I completely agree with the poster above me. My scalp was very itchy and flaky for a while although it wasn't very dry at all. once I started using co with some baking soda in the conditioner than acv as a rinse after the itching completely stopped!

Desideira
June 9th, 2011, 12:45 AM
I was struggling with itch scalp for years.

Now it seems that my problem is almost completely gone.I hope this will last:)

for me helped using sls free shampoo. especially natural shampoos with herbs and fruit extracts

the biggest improvement i noticed after one particular shampoo. Its available only in my country. One of the mane ingredients was lemon extract and lemon peel water. I was washing my hair everyday two times and left the foam for a while on the scalp.
After 2 weeks the difference was huge. Unfortunately it dried out my hair a bit.

I also noticed imporvement after baby shampoo.

Ampules a nd tonic that were ment either for oily dandruff or anti hair falla are excellent and they amde a huge difencein how my slap feels

i noticed that ampules and tonic that contain alcohol base were very sooting to my scalp.

I apply it only to scalp so my length is fine:)