PDA

View Full Version : Crisis time

HaiirPEACE
May 30th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Tomorrow is my graduation. and i have an early 70's sort of style when i dress up. i'm freaking out because i don't know what on earth to do with my hair. i have a bout 8 hours to figure this out. and when i leave it down and stuff i feel like it makes me look heavy because my hair is short i don't know if you know what i mean.

but i'm just wishing my hair would be waist length over night i feel like that if it was long it would be awesome all the time.=[[
whhyyyyy

Deborah
May 30th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Can you manage a French twist? Your hair does not need to be very long, and these usually look really pretty and a little sophisticated. I think this would be a lovely hair style for graduation. If you do a search, you can easily find good instructions to do this. Honestly, it is really easy!

Congratulations on your graduation!! :flower:

rubyann
May 30th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Have you tried a claw clip and a peacock twist? I did that alot when my hair was your length. Looks cute.

Congrats on your graduation! Don't get so down on yourself, hon. Positive self talk is necessary to healthy self love.

frizzinator
May 30th, 2008, 09:39 PM
A half-up or a head band will be accurate for your 70's style. You could wear a long headband tied around the top of your head or maybe just a flower behind your ear.

Mary <><
May 30th, 2008, 09:42 PM
How about a half up with two 3 strand braids (one on either side) that merge into one. I was able to do that with 16-18 inch hair (though I did not have layers). That will be low enough for your cap and you can still have it up and down at the same time, LOL! Hope this made sense! Post pics!

savi
May 31st, 2008, 01:04 AM
I'm voting fo the half up, because of the 70's dress. I think the three strand suggestion was a really good one. And a flower in your hair would be really cute. :flower:
But if you're going to do a bun etc. make sure it's low enough so that the cap fits. I had a small problem with that last year. Always try the cap on, just to be sure..

flapjack
May 31st, 2008, 01:26 AM
My vote is on the half up or just using a long scarf as a headband and then tying it underneath your hair at the nap of your neck and letting the rest hang out under your hair. That sounds really 70's to me, honestly. And it will fit under the cap and if the scarf is back a few inches on your head, the top will be under the cap and only the bottom under your hair will show so it won't look funky on the top with your cap. They also have those headbands with the pieces of material that hang from the sides, I don't know if you've seen them around but they're really popular lately.

Congratulations on graduating! Don't stress out over hair! It will be ok.

Saranne772
May 31st, 2008, 01:35 AM
I echo those who said French Twist :)

HaiirPEACE
May 31st, 2008, 05:01 AM
How about a half up with two 3 strand braids (one on either side) that merge into one. I was able to do that with 16-18 inch hair (though I did not have layers). That will be low enough for your cap and you can still have it up and down at the same time, LOL! Hope this made sense! Post pics!

I might have to try this, sounds right up my alley

thanks for all the suggestions!! i like the head bands you guys talked about but unfortunately i'm a little low on hair toys haha i need to get on that