PDA

View Full Version : Hmm...is my hair even growing?

Yasmine91
November 8th, 2010, 04:46 PM
I just can't seem to see much of a difference, what do you guys think?

http://photos1.mfpassets.com/images/photos/768/435/1768435_1906.jpghttp://photos2.mfpassets.com/images/photos/768/435/1768435_1113.jpg

the one where I am wearing an off the shoulder top is my most recent

pepperminttea
November 8th, 2010, 04:48 PM
I see some growth. :) Don't get discouraged, with your waves you might lose some length to shrinkage from those, and the difference for photos two months apart in different clothing won't be that marked.

Coan-Teen
November 8th, 2010, 04:51 PM
It's hard to tell from the photos because so many things can influence that. The angle of your head, the angle of the camera, even hair's daily elasticity.

I will say it looks to me like you've grown a bit and you're starting point was only a little over two months ago so this is about accurate. You may just have slow growing hair. There are lots of threads about supplements if you want to try to encourage it to speed up, but if I were you I wouldn't be too concerned. Watching my hair grow is like waiting for the tea kettle to boil: it never happens when I'm looking.

Either way, good luck!

feralnature
When were the photos taken?

Lady Mary
To me, your hair looks fuller and thicker. You also seem to have gained some more defined waves, which could make it look shorter.

Yasmine91
November 8th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Aww man, slow hair growth :P unfair lol

Yeah wavy and curly hair does look shorter than it actually is.

The second picture was taken on the 6th of september. The seconf picture was taken in october, around the middle of october I think.

HintOfMint
November 8th, 2010, 05:06 PM
The average rate of growth is only half an inch a month, so while the growth you may have had in the past month or so is pretty imperceptible, it's perfectly normal.

Yasmine91
November 8th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Damn lol, I was hoping to have abnormal growth LOL

aah well, gotta make do what what I got eh?

feralnature
November 8th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Shoot, I grew mine for 3 years without meassuring it or comparing pics, but that is just me, I'm lazy that way. Just forget about your hair. A month or two is not worth worrying about. Try to relax.

Yasmine91
November 8th, 2010, 05:17 PM
LOL I'll try, I'm just so impatient and miss having my hair as long as it once was :P

Thanks everyone :)

Carolyn
November 8th, 2010, 05:42 PM
According to your dates, the pictures were taken about 5 to 6 weeks apart at the most. The average person would have 3/4" growth in 6 weeks. Be patient. I'm sure you'll see a difference by the 1st of the year.

redneckprincess
November 8th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Some. Yeah!!
Keep taking pictures every-every few month(s) and compair them back to the first.. In time you will see a drastic increse.. Even if you can't see it from month to month.
One thing I do see is a great improvement in condition and shine!!

torrilin
November 9th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Even if you were someone who grew an inch a month... 6 weeks is maybe 1.5" of growth. The only way you'd notice that is if you're trying to maintain a particular length.

Realistically, you probably won't have noticeable growth more than every 3 months, and for a lot of people every 6 months would be a more reasonable interval. For a super curly who cared most about how her hair looked dry, it might be frustrating to check more often than once a year.

bumblebums
November 9th, 2010, 08:04 AM
I can't tell, but like others said, one wouldn't expect a huge amount of growth in such a short period so it's perfectly normal.

If you want to keep track of your hair length by photographing it, a good method is to take a picture in the same room with the same light each time, and while wearing the same clothing (also in the same part of your hair wash cycle, unless you wash daily). Some people, like redneckprincess over here, wear a striped shirt every time, which allows one to see growth even more vividly.

Me, I don't bother measuring or taking monthly pictures. I know my hair has been getting longer because of how it behaves in buns and braids, and that's good enough for me.