PDA

View Full Version : Biotin/monistat +

tunnelblue
November 8th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Okay, so I know there are a bunch of threads on biotin, monistat, and things that might help hair growth. I was just wondering is it dangerous or is there anything negative to using a bunch of things at once? Like if I took biotin, used monistat, took multivitamins, and used a vitamin B complex, and maybe even MSM? And usually when you buy these products, does it usually inform you on what the safe amount to take is and how many to take a day, for things like biotin and the vitamins? I was reading the threads, but all of the information is really disorganized and overwhelming to me so I couldn't really find the direct answer I was looking for. Should I maybe contact my doctor? Do they know anything about things that can maybe help hair growth or are a lot them iffy on that subject since there is no scientifically proven way to make hair grow? Thanks, gals. :hollie:

tunnelblue
November 8th, 2010, 04:51 PM
And also is monistat safe to use on hennaed hair? I mean I don't see why it wouldn't be since it's only going on the scalp/roots, but I'm just making sure because I am, of course, a big worrier!

Carolyn
November 8th, 2010, 04:56 PM
I've taken all those supplements for several years (maybe 7-8 ) and used Monistat occasionally for maybe 2 years. I've had no ill side effects. I can't speak for anyone else but I'm fine with it.

tunnelblue
November 8th, 2010, 07:06 PM
I've taken all those supplements for several years (maybe 7-8 ) and used Monistat occasionally for maybe 2 years. I've had no ill side effects. I can't speak for anyone else but I'm fine with it.

Did you notice any faster growth?

Roseate
November 8th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Like if I took biotin, used monistat, took multivitamins, and used a vitamin B complex, and maybe even MSM?

The only possible overlap would be in the biotin/B complex and the multivitamin. Some multis, especially those geared towards women, already contain a high dose of biotin, so make sure to check that so you don't overdo it. Same with the B.

I've never seen a change in my growth rate, but I personally take a multi, biotin, MSM and an omega 3-6-9 supplement. I figure at least the multi and the omega are good for general health, and the MSM and biotin, well, maybe one day they'll add up to something!

Carolyn
November 8th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Did you notice any faster growth?Nope. I've always gotten a steady 1/2" per month BUT my shedding went way down and the quality of the new hair I grew was much better. So that equals better and thicker hair.