PDA

View Full Version : Curling iron damage in store....

Chanteuse87
November 8th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Ugh, it's that's time of year again. I was shuffled into opera chorus for my ensemble assignment, and now we've hit tech week, where we're forced into costume and makeup every day until the show. Unfortunately, this also means that hair must be done every night, and with a late 1800's time period, ringlets are on the menu.

My hair is in decent shape now, despite the backcombing from both my wedding and Halloween, but I'm already envisioning the massive split ends on the bits of hair that I have to curl. They're already giving me a hairpiece, and the curls are meant to blend it in. I just needed to vent, as I'm not looking forward to cutting out the damage and babying my hair after this show!

Fractalsofhair
November 8th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Have you tried pin or rag curls? They give my hair ringlets. Some hairspray might be needed to keep them, or even blowdrying them in at the show, but it's much less damaging than a broiling hot curling iron.

UltraBella
November 8th, 2010, 03:49 PM
How long do you have to curl it for ? I am assuming your hair gets damaged easily ? I used a curling iron almost daily for seven years without any damage but my hair is really resilient. I asn also get spiral curls with my Caruso steam setter and it is non-damaging, just moisturizing warm steam. Do you happen to have access to one ? It would be a great alternative.

daaisychains
November 8th, 2010, 03:49 PM
I hate being forced into those situations, :pins: is there no way you can just pin your hair back and wear a wig? :confused:

Although i guess it'd get a little too hot under all the stage lights and make up, even so with my hair type id probably suffer it. My hair breaks off as soon as someone mentions heat styling.

Hopefully you can find some measures to protect it, either way hair grows back!

Ps, i am so envious of your hair, it's stunning!

Good luck with your performance too. :D