PDA

View Full Version : Gray hair fell out and grew back in brown?

RitaPG
November 8th, 2010, 10:38 AM
I used to have a couple silver hair strands in the front, as the picture below shows. I'm not sure how visible they are but anyway...

A year-and-a-while ago I lost a lot of hair, now it's all back fortunately :D
I have some new sparklies growing on the left side of my head, the thing is, those gray strands on my hairline are gone. I almost forgot about them because I dyed my hair red for years.

This was taken pre-LHC, I wasn't paying much attention to it back then. But looking back on my high school pictures I found this one and now I can't stop thinking... How the hell did this happen?

I'm already the freak in the family, nobody here had gray hair before their late 30's and mine have been around since I was 16-17.
But this is waaay too freaky :p

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?u=31545&dateline=1289232953&type=profile Gray hair magically disappears now? :disbelief

little_cherry
November 8th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Have you had any great stress in your life previously? I got a lot of silvers/whites from great stress and when it was resolved some grew back to their ordinary ash brown...it was the strangest thing so I talked to my doctor about it and that's what he told me. He also told me that diet can play the part, too. I have strands that look like this: __ __ ______ ___ ..It's really odd, but cool.

RitaPG
November 8th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Have you had any great stress in your life previously? I got a lot of silvers/whites from great stress and when it was resolved some grew back to their ordinary ash brown...it was the strangest thing so I talked to my doctor about it and that's what he told me. He also told me that diet can play the part, too. I have strands that look like this: __ __ ______ ___ ..It's really odd, but cool.

That is actually pretty cool!

And yes. High-school. Was the worse time of my life (contrary to popular belief haha). I read somewhere that trauma can cause gray hair but always thought it was bogus. I used to smoke too, quit two years ago, though. Maybe that has something to do with it too?
By the end of high-school I had another, ever bigger problem, both with people and my own health, that's when I started losing hair, and with the regrowth the new gray showed up. I wonder if these will go back to brown with time too?

I'm having too much fun thinking about this hair color change phenomenon :o