PDA

View Full Version : Diatomaceous earth users, I have a question for you.

mrs_coffee
November 8th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Has the DE affected your appetite in a big way? I started using the DE after first reading about it here and researching it myself. I've had weak nails and some other deficient type symptoms and I thought I'd give the DE a try. So far I feel really good on it. It's been a couple of weeks and my nails feel stronger already and are growing really quickly, but my appetite is way down. I don't mind if I lose a couple of pounds, but I don't want to lose more than 10 if I can help it.

It's weird because I don't actually feel sick, but like yesterday Brent and I went out to lunch at Outback, we ordered, they brought out bread and butter and he ordered one of those fried onion things for an appetizer. They set it down in front of us and I just thought "Blah, I don't want any of that," and then the same thing happened when they brought out my food. I had to force myself to eat a quarter of my meal. I do have kind of a small appetite in general but I normally would have eaten at least half.

If you've taken the DE and it affected your appetite, was it temporary?

Have people been losing a lot of weight on it, or is it just my sensitive GI tract?

Other than that, my hair and nails look great and I'm sleeping better than I have in years.

kdaniels8811
November 8th, 2010, 08:53 AM
I do not use DE but wanted to say hello to another Ohioan!

gotzbrainz
November 8th, 2010, 09:45 AM
where can you get de and is it in pill or powder form and how much do you take?

LawyerGirl
November 8th, 2010, 09:50 AM
I remember that it increased my appetite when I took it.

ancilla
November 8th, 2010, 09:57 AM
I honestly didn't really notice any suppression of appetite. There is a huge thread on DE in this forum, I think its called 1/2 inch in 4 days or something.

I wouldn't count on DE as an appetite suppressant, honestly. Some people say it helps, but only mildly. And it really shouldn't make you feel sick.

LawyerGirl
November 8th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Also, I want to add that I remember some people saying that they felt like they needed to drink more water when they took DE. Maybe that would help.

Fairlight63
November 8th, 2010, 10:00 AM
I think that it increased my appetite also.
It is funny some say that it has helped them lose weight - others not so much.
I think that it affects people in different ways.

In2wishin
November 8th, 2010, 10:21 AM

This is where I got mine: http://cgi.ebay.com/1-lbs-Diatomaceous-Earth-Food-Grade-FREE-SHIPPING-/270659796522?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0494be2a

I only wanted a pound so I could try it. I take a heaping spoonful in a glass of water daily.

Make sure you look for "food grade". Perma-Guard is the most common brand of food grade. You may be able to find it in plant nurseries or hardware store but again, make sure it is food grade.

mrs_coffee
November 8th, 2010, 10:55 AM
I do not use DE but wanted to say hello to another Ohioan!

Hi! :)

I bought mine from More Than Alive, it's in powder form and I take 1 tablespoon a day.

I think that it increased my appetite also.
It is funny some say that it has helped them lose weight - others not so much.
I think that it affects people in different ways.

That's interesting. It must affect everyone differently because my husband asked me if I was okay yesterday when I didn't eat much lunch and said he's noticed my appetite has dropped off over the past week or so and wondered if I was feeling okay. And I feel fine, really. Just not hungry.

I don't feel sick, it's just that food is very unappealing unless I am really, really hungry. It's odd.

I am going to stick with it for a while and see how it goes, mostly because I've suffered with insomnia what seems like forever, and now I'm sleeping really soundly and waking up, at most, once per night and some nights I sleep right through which is unheard of for me. But if I start dropping weight I'll probably back off or quit.