PDA

View Full Version : Have You Been A Hair Model

Dragon
November 8th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Have any one here been a hair model? What was it like? Did you enjoy it? Or have you known anyone that has been one and what did they say about it? Also what did they do to your or there hair?

Dyefree
November 8th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Have any one here been a hair model? What was it like? Did you enjoy it? Or have you known anyone that has been one and what did they say about it? Also what did they do to your or there hair?

I've often wondered if there are any hair models here.... Some of the avatar and signature pics leave me sitting there with my mouth wide open, saying "woooooow!".

Although I have noticed a lot of the shampoo/ haircare/ serum ads all have tiny letters at the bottom of the screen saying something along the lines of natural hair extensions added to models own.... :mad:

Felix_D
November 8th, 2010, 05:21 AM
I remember one girl looking into it a while ago, and decided not to. If you're a hair-model, you have to cut and colour the way the stylist wants. Forget that.

jojo
November 8th, 2010, 06:31 AM
was a hair model years ago as a poor student and being asked if they could cut and colour my hair. They cut from just below shoulders to neck and coloured it a nasty orange colour; the experience was not one to be repeated!

I was just after a free cut...lesson learnt.....nothing in this life is free!

pepperminttea
November 8th, 2010, 06:49 AM
I knew a girl in high school who was a hair model for a local salon. When she started she had APL/shoulder, naturally dark blonde hair. She went through various cuts, the most memorable being when they shaved half her head, and cut the other half like an inverted chin-length bob, and bleached the whole thing. She hated it, and quit soon after, with no good words to say about the salon.

Unofficial_Rose
November 8th, 2010, 07:09 AM
I knew a girl in high school who was a hair model for a local salon. When she started she had APL/shoulder, naturally dark blonde hair. She went through various cuts, the most memorable being when they shaved half her head, and cut the other half like an inverted chin-length bob, and bleached the whole thing. She hated it, and quit soon after, with no good words to say about the salon.

Ahaha! So much for the magazine "thrifty" tips that tell you to volunteer to be a hair model. The colour/cut you describe is exactly what I fear would happen. Some of the photos in the magazines are alarming enough. :run:The 'celeb' based hairstyle magazines at least have wearable styles in them.

I also find myself playing "spot the extensions" whilst watching tv - ok, so her real hair comes down to *here* and that similar-but-not-quite-the-same colour and texture longer bits are the extensions. :)

Yozhik
November 8th, 2010, 07:34 AM
I went to highschool with two hairmodels. Their hair was quite nice, and for one of the girls it stayed relatively long -- about waist length, but bleached, I'm afraid. The other girl had really pretty thick chestnut brown hair, which was cut from about BSL to shoulder length, but it looked very nice last time I saw her.

enfys
November 8th, 2010, 07:41 AM
I've known two hair models; both ended up stopping doing it because they were sick of the edgy, unstylable cuts they always got.

There is another markets for long hair models but we won't go there ;)

littlenvy
November 8th, 2010, 07:43 AM
>snip<
I also find myself playing "spot the extensions" whilst watching tv - ok, so her real hair comes down to *here* and that similar-but-not-quite-the-same colour and texture longer bits are the extensions. :)
LOL!!! I find myself doing the same! :p

I don't know any hair models. But I saw a Eurpean long hair pageant once and at the end of it the hairdressers went to "work" on their hair to create 'fantastic' hairstyles :rolleyes::rolleyes:
By the end I wanted to CRY for these girls! The amount of hairspray and backcombing done to that lovely hair :(:( *shakes head*

UltraBella
November 8th, 2010, 07:53 AM
I have been a hair model for an updo challenge and several local photographers. Modeling hair for photos is great, the worst thing they do is have you out in the wind or turn a fan on you. I was worried about the updo challenge, but she didn't do any back combing and the hairspray washed out easily.

luxepiggy
November 8th, 2010, 08:05 AM
I've done it before, only for stylists that do wedding hair, so it was all just updos for photoshoots - no dyes or cuts. It was pretty fun! They did use curling irons and hairspray, but since it was only a 1-day thing, and my hair is virgin, it wasn't too bad and I didn't sustain any lasting hair texture changes or anything (^(oo)^)v