PDA

View Full Version : After-shampoo texture?

bluesnowflake
November 7th, 2010, 12:00 PM
I wash my hair every other day at night( can't stretch washes because my hair gets oily easily). When I wake up in the morning, my hair feels clean and nice and it combs out well, but it soon gets poufy and frizzy. It stays that way for several hours no matter whether I comb or brush it. About 8 hours after I get up, I can comb it and it is nice and silky and soft. It stays that way all through the next day, too. Am I doing something wrong, or is this just a peculiarity with my hair? Is there a way to fix it?

Just some basic info if it helps:
I CWC with Garnier Fructis Waves products ( shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in) and do a cold water rinse for a couple minutes.
My hair is waist length 1c/iii.

HintOfMint
November 7th, 2010, 12:28 PM
My hair is very poufy and fluffy after a wash. It usually calms down the next day. I'm personally okay with it though. I like it when my hair is a bit dramatic and crazy.
Damp bunning helps speed up the process of getting it a bit calmer.

Yozhik
November 7th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Maybe you could add some leave-in products like conditioner or coconut oil? This would probably add weight/shine to your hair. Or just enjoy it :)

My hair also get kinds of poofy right after a wash, and I worry that I'm drying out my hair too much . . . so I usually add some coconut oil.

HTH :flower:

Anje
November 7th, 2010, 01:11 PM
My hair's kinda like this. I normally CO wash, but whenever I shampoo (like I did this morning), the hairs all curl in individual ways, making the overall effect a bit frizzy.

I'd suggest trying a different washing method like CO. You may find that this reduces the frizz a bit. If your scalp's like mine, you may even find that stretching washes becomes possible once you reduce the shampoo to an occasional clarifyer.

Gabriel
November 7th, 2010, 01:57 PM
This may seem weird but what about the environments you're in from one place to another?

For example, depending on the ingredients of the products you're using and whether they draw moisture to them or not.

Maybe when you wake up and go about your morning you're in your house but then you go to work or somewhere else where dry air conditioning may be running or something like the heater in a car.

If it's rainy or snowy or humid when you leave the car to indoors again back to a dry environment.

This happens to me a lot when in between seasons.

tinywife
November 7th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Mine did that too. I think it's because it was extra dry after a wash, and took a few hours (or a day) to regain enough oil to lay flat. Maybe try a heavier leave-in, like coconut oil?

Capybara
November 7th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Maybe you could add some leave-in products like conditioner or coconut oil? This would probably add weight/shine to your hair. Or just enjoy it :)

My hair also get kinds of poofy right after a wash, and I worry that I'm drying out my hair too much . . . so I usually add some coconut oil.

HTH :flower:

This is what I do if my hair is fluffy. I usually get fluffy hair from brushing out braid waves, but find that a teensy bit of coconut oil helps detangle my hair, and make everything lay more smoothly.