PDA

View Full Version : Summer Hairtoy Sale :)

sapphire-o
May 30th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Summer 2008 Hairtoy Sale

Here we go again. I can't fit my stuff in my hairtoy containers in an organized manner any more. :D Time to clean out some. Everything is in great condition unless otherwise stated. They would come with original packaging if available. The pictures turned out really dark. I'll try to post better pictures later. I do have better pictures for many of those individual pieces, just ask me.

Shipping to US is $7(has insurance) for non-flat stuff and $2 (no insurance) for flat ones. Either for one item or multiple items. Canadians pay actual shipping, which is usually a little bit more. Remember you don't have to pay customs for these. :) Don't miss the freebies at the bottom if you choose the box with insurance option. :) I prefer funded Paypal, but will take CC Paypal if you're willing to cover the fees.

Forks and Sticks

1. (SOLD) Hair fork made by Little Hippie Chick. The wood is maple and manzanita with carved sunflower on it. It was a custom order and I loved the design. However I couldn't get used to the thick prongs. It's 6 3/8' long with 5" prongs. $25

2. (SOLD) Blondiesturn fork, the wood is wenge. The color blends with my hair too much. I think it would look great in blonde hair. It's 6 1/4" long with 5" prongs. I just bought it for $35 from Cinnamonhair and would like the same.

3. (SOLD) BiNe hair fork in shimmering red color. It's great for French twist but I don't do that any more. Very smooth and curvy. $8

4. (SOLD) Pair of Quattro Starlites hair forks. 5 1/4" long and 1" wide. $10 each or take both for $18.

5. Pretty metal hair fork with fan top studded with pink rhinestones and small dangles. Very smooth. 4 3/4" functional length. $4

6. (SOLD) Hairstick by monkthemonk. It's turned out of ebony, leopardwood and stablized corn. Smooth and very sturdy. About 7" long with 6" functional length. $14.

7. (SOLD) Carved rosewood stick with a stylized "pheonix" design. I fell in love with it and bought it, without realizing it's not big enough for me. 6" long with 4.5" functional length. Smooth finish and perfect tip. $12

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n39/sapphire-o/For%20Sale%20or%20Swap/may08LHC-1.jpg

Slides and Other

8. Black crochet bun cover. It's a custom order, bigger than average. Fits a 4" bun. $4

9. Leather slide from Leatherjewels. Brown color with carved pattern and a bead. 3 1/4" between the holes. Fits average hair in a twist. $5

10. (SOLD) Copper abstract hair slide. Brand new. It's smaller than I expected. Slide part is about 3" wide when curved. It should fit thin to average hair as it's flexible. $8.

11. (SOLD) Huge Copper and brass slide from Speharb on Etsy. Brand new. It was a custom order. I asked for a big one and he gave me a VERY big one. It's 5" across when flat, the stick is 7" long. I believe it's the biggest slide he ever made. :) It should fit iii hair in an updo. $16

12. (SOLD) Gold colored metal slide with Celtic knots. Very cute. Slide part is about 3" wide and should fit thin to average hair. $3.

13. (SOLD) Black cellulose slide. Made in France. It's quite curved and fits a lot of hair. $3

14. (SOLD) Kent comb - 14T. It's handmade and seamless. Has a tortoise pattern. Used a couple times only. 6 3/4" long. $8

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n39/sapphire-o/For%20Sale%20or%20Swap/may08LHC-2.jpg

Hair Pins

15. (SOLD) Pair of sparkly bobbin pins, gold tone, very strong. They have dark brown and clear rhinestone decorations. 2 1/2" long. I got them when I was growing out bangs but never used them. $4

16. (SOLD) 8 Amish hair pins, 3" long, made of stainless steel. $2

17. (pending) Lots of U-shaped hair pins, all brand new in original packaging with price tags. (Tags say Boyd's, Madison Ave. $2.75) Some are straight and some are wavy. I think they're made in France. I don't know why I got them as they're clear and I have dark hair. Would be good for blonde or silver hair. I have 3 pair of wavy ones, they're 2 3/4" long, 6 pairs of clear ones, they're 3" long, and one pair of weird tortoise with silver plated top, also 3" long. $1.50 for each pair.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n39/sapphire-o/For%20Sale%20or%20Swap/may08LHC-3.jpg

Freebies (if you buy anything and choose the box option you can pick some. they probably don't fit into envelopes.)

18. A black Whirl-a-bun thingy. I think it's the big one for thick hair. About 9" long. I got it as a gift and never used it.

19. (Gone) Small tortoise color octopus clip, about 2 1/2" tall. I have sanded each tip smooth. good for clipping up thin or short hair.

20. (Gone) Small jade colored clip with beautiful craved patterns. 2 3/4" long, all tips have been sanded smooth.

21. (Gone) A red clip with painted flowers, good for a half-up. 2 1/4" long.

22. Pink vintage side comb. 3" wide.

23. (Gone) Maple hairstick made by myself. Sanded and oiled. I intentionally left a bit bark to make it look interesting, but I can't figure out how to use a curved stick. 6 1/2" long.

24. Pair of black plastic interlocking combs. 3" long. I couldn't figure them out.

25. Fake alligator skin hair slide. 3" between the holes, missing the stick.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n39/sapphire-o/For%20Sale%20or%20Swap/may08LHC-4.jpg

Mary <><
May 30th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Nice stuff! I PMed you about 3 items! :D

Carolyn
May 30th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Pm'd you :)

coppercurls
May 30th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Sent pm about #11!:)

sapphire-o
June 3rd, 2008, 04:04 AM
All sold hairtoys have been shipped. Depends on where you are, it can take from a few days to a couple weeks. ;) Thought I'd post here instead of trying to reply to everyone.

tiny_teesha
June 3rd, 2008, 04:20 AM
ops, i just PMd you! And they are already gone, oh well! :)

justgreen
June 13th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I got the pins last night and they are perfect! They hold my hair back nicely and don't slip! I wanted them for a certain dark blue dressy top and they match! Thank you so much sapphire-o!!!

wendyg
June 13th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Do you still have the bine fork? I've been wanting to try one of those.

wg

sapphire-o
June 13th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Yes, the red Bine fork, the copper abstract slide (#10) and the leather slide are still available. :)

Eden Iris
June 23rd, 2008, 07:33 PM
Copper slide came today! Wow, that was fast! I know you're not that far away, but still. Hurray for the Canadian mail!

And thank you. I'll be testing it out tomorrow.

sapphire-o
June 23rd, 2008, 10:00 PM
That's really fast! Wow! You know mail from US to Canada take 2 - 3 weeks usually. I wish they'd be this fast occasionally. :)