PDA

View Full Version : Does Fluffy hair look thicker?

Dreamkitty
November 7th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Ive seen some girls with very fluffy hair and even when their hair is ii thickness it looks very thick, also fluffy hair makes a wide plait.:p

I was just thinking if its just me but why does fluffy hair make a plait look very thick? even when a person's hair might not be thick. If that makes any sense.

Madora
November 7th, 2010, 11:50 AM
"Fluffy" hair seems to me to be hair that has been (possibly teased) to add more fullness/volume.

Thick braids, on the other hand, are due to the quantity of hair.

You can "fake" plump braids by not pulling them tightly (I've done it) but the real thing always looks more true to nature.

Eire
November 7th, 2010, 12:10 PM
My hair is poofy, and I think it often looks thicker than it really is.

squiggyflop
November 7th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Ive seen some girls with very fluffy hair and even when their hair is ii thickness it looks very thick, also fluffy hair makes a wide plait.:p

I was just thinking if its just me but why does fluffy hair make a plait look very thick? even when a person's hair might not be thick. If that makes any sense.
i sometimes curl my hair before i do an updo so that it will make the braids really fat.. if i curl my whole head (with 4 hawser braids) my pony circumference goes up a full inch and a half.. im not sure why..

it makes giant updos though.. :) so yes fluffy hair looks thicker.. curled my hair poofs out to be 5 inches thick in every direction..

so anyway.. what i'm trying to say is you are not wrong in thinking that hair that's fluff city looks thicker

plainjanegirl
November 7th, 2010, 01:57 PM
My hair looks thicker on the fluffy days. If I had my way though I would make it always not fluffy and more smooth.

jenwexler
November 7th, 2010, 02:04 PM
When I read fluffy, I was thinking of the fluffy hair styles my grandma's friends sport.

Capybara
November 7th, 2010, 02:30 PM
I think it does. My hair can be in the really-need-to-wash-total-greaseball stage, and if it's been in a braid before that, it will still look thick and not lank and stringy. When I have fluffy braid waves in general, especially if they've been brushed, my hair looks super thick.

leslissocool
November 7th, 2010, 02:36 PM
I have really thick hair (not too much of it, but really thick) and on top of it it poofs from about two inches from my roots... I cut a lot of layers and thin it out, use a lot of anti-frizz to have it be manageable, when I had a blunt cut (when I was 11) it looked like I had 3 head's worth of hair...

OleanderTime
November 8th, 2010, 07:02 AM
OMG YES it does. I have ii/iii hair but everyone comments that my pictures make it look so thick. Why? It's poofy. You can tell more in updoes and braids. My hair is not thin, but it's so poofy that it just looks huge sometimes. I too hated this growing up, but am realizing how to deal with it more. For example, the poof is actually curls wanting to come out.

Angeletti
November 8th, 2010, 07:15 AM
It does and it's one of the ways I can make my stick straight hair appear to be thicker than it really is. Usually braid waves or curls will do the trick for me, although it may not be "fluffy" but it still helps with my thickness.

UltraBella
November 8th, 2010, 08:00 AM
My hair is very thick and if I brush it *poof*. Then it looks huge and crazy. I have never braided my hair while it was poofy though, I wouldn't imagine it would make much difference to my braid.

aenflex
November 8th, 2010, 08:01 AM
My hair is way thin. The strands are coarse, but there aren't a lot of them. But people tend to tell me, at least here anyway, how thick it looks. But it aint :(