PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Natural Red Hair

meganashley
November 7th, 2010, 01:59 AM
Hey!! 4 months in to my hair growth journey! going from dyed and fried to au natural! Curently at 4 inches of length at the nape from a buzz in July. :)

I have natural red hair - I was wondering if any of you out there have the same, and have you noticed your hair reacts differently to things because of the colour? I know that red hair is a hard colour to lift (lol from experience too!) but are there other things about red hair that you lovely ladies have discovered on your journeys? Or do you find it is very simular to other hair colours? Do you use any rinses to keep the colour from fading? (mine fades a bit in summer sunlight :S)

:) Thank you so much!

Barniie
November 7th, 2010, 02:05 AM
almost 4 inches in 4 months! Wow. Sorry i'm not much help :)

Coan-Teen
November 7th, 2010, 02:07 AM
I love your natural color! How beautiful. My hair is naturally a blend of blonde and red. It can look like either depending on the lighting and the season, though I'd probably tend to classify my hair as blonde so I'm not sure how well my experiences will sync up with yours. The only thing I've done with regards to the red is use an SPF conditioning treatment in the summer to try to keep the color strong. If I don't it fades entirely to blonde or a sort of dusky pink. ;) Then again I'm not a true redhead.

Dreams_in_Pink
November 7th, 2010, 02:15 AM
First off, i'm jealous!! Wish i had natural red hair :(

I think you can do what people call a "henna gloss". I didn't try it myself but people say it gives a very slight red color and conditions hair.

Harriet
November 7th, 2010, 02:16 AM
Natural red head here! It's difficult to say how it differs to other colours as I don't know what its like not to have red hair! I do know that my hair does not want to lighten at all. I did strand tests with a honey lightening mix and hydrogen peroxide both of which made no difference!

melikai
November 7th, 2010, 05:17 AM
Hibiscus rinses and apple cider vinegar enhance red tones.

meganashley
November 7th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Thank you all so much for your help! I'm going to look into herbal rinses/henna rinses :) You all ROCK!!!:cheese: