PDA

View Full Version : what smells good

gotzbrainz
November 6th, 2010, 08:13 PM
what can i put in my hair that is really good for it but smells amazing to. please not coconut oil i already do that and i really dont like the smell of it. its not that beach smell youd expect its more like cookies or something, any way whats a good way to make your hair smell nice and stay smelling nice:pumpkin:

Debra83
November 6th, 2010, 08:19 PM
I'm watching this thread too. A coworker of mine uses a Paul Mitchell product, but I don't know which one. It makes her hair smell amazing. I went and bought P.M's "the conditioner", but it didn't smell like her hair at all, and it didn't work as well on my hair as the GF3N. (I like the smell of the GF3N, but whatever her product was, I want my hair to smell like that!!!

liagibba
November 6th, 2010, 08:23 PM
I CO-wash w/ Suave naturals Green Apple and my hair smells like apples allllll day long. I also have the tangerine scent, and I'm sure I'll have a nice citrus scent while using that. The PM product I think Debra83 is thinking about is the smoothing serum. That stuff smells amazing, but it's packed with 'cones. There may be some great leave-in conditioners that would serve this purpose, but I don't know of any specifics ones. Good luck!

longblondetan
November 6th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Debra83, paul mitchell has a serum called super skinny, and it smells, A-MAZE-ING!!! you could try that. :)

gotzbrainz
November 6th, 2010, 08:31 PM
ive tried the super skinny, i just dont feel like its going to be good for my hair since its all cones/ build up build up

longblondetan
November 6th, 2010, 08:36 PM
That is true, it is coney... hmm...

luxepiggy
November 6th, 2010, 08:41 PM
SMT!!! I loooove the way SMT smells, b/c of the honey in it (^(oo)^)v When it comes out of the microwave it smells really good. My hair loves cones, but you can use a non-cone conditioner too.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128

NB: Learn from the little piggy's mistake - it smells yummy. Do not yield to the temptation to see if it tastes yummy. It does not (>(oo)<)`

Flossy
November 6th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Nightblooming's Panacea!!!!! OMG, I have the vegan version and I just keep smelling my hair. I can't describe the fragrance, but it's heavenly...

gotzbrainz
November 6th, 2010, 08:51 PM
flossy what is that ?

enfys
November 6th, 2010, 09:02 PM
It's a hair salve by an Etsy seller. If you do a search there is a whole thread on it, comparing the vegan and original types. I would find it for you but the search feature doesn't work on my phone.

What types of smells do you like? Maybe you could add some essential oils you like into your conditioner? I like rosemary EO to add to homemade treatments.
flossy what is that ?

eezepeeze
November 6th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Does it have to be natural? All the Herbal Essences stuff smells divine. I'm about to finsih a set of Fruitopia S&C that smells like Green Apples. Then I will start some V05 Passionfruit stuff. I am also fond of Aussie 3MM. It smells like coconuts. I don't know too much about natural products, because I like my cones, but I know that V05 makes a cone free S&C that smells nice. It's one of the classic scents.

TinaDenali
November 6th, 2010, 09:50 PM
LUSH's solid shampoos smell really good. I like their Karma Komba.

And, their solid conditioner smells really good, too, like clean and garden-y. It's called Jungle. :)

Other than that, maybe find a conditioner you like and use it as a 'leave in' when you get out of the shower.

indigonight
November 6th, 2010, 10:00 PM
I second that add essential oils (rose, ylang ylang, orange etc) to your hair conditioner or to your regular hair oil and mmmmm

meganashley
November 7th, 2010, 01:42 AM
i LOVE the smell of Lush's GODIVA shampoo bar - amazingly sexy jasmine smell.... they also have a great smelling solid contitioner (smell on your hair lasts into the second day!) called Jungle that I find works really well (for my hair anyways) when melted into a liquid-y conditioner :) Delish! :)

I love catching little wiffs of these two in my hair - literally makes me smile! :):crush:

Dreams_in_Pink
November 7th, 2010, 02:17 AM
I have a tea tree & peppermint conditioner of Superdrug. It's a cone-free light conditioner and has a refreshing menthol smell :) it's so light it could also be used on scalp (according to the instructions)

willowcandra
November 7th, 2010, 04:59 AM
Lush's H'suan wen hau. The smell lasts all the way till next wash. Lovely.

DivineComedian
November 7th, 2010, 05:30 AM
LUSH's solid shampoos smell really good. I like their Karma Komba.

And, their solid conditioner smells really good, too, like clean and garden-y. It's called Jungle. :)

Other than that, maybe find a conditioner you like and use it as a 'leave in' when you get out of the shower.

I second this. They also make a hair moisturising cream called R&B which smells divine and has tons of good stuff in- avocado butter, olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, cupuacu butter etc. I don't have a pot right now, but I got a little sample a while ago and it was brilliant.

Here: http://lush.co.uk/products/haircare/hair-treatments/r-&-b-hair-moisturiser_1389.html

GrowingGlory
November 7th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Maybe one of Toadstool's products would smell good to you. There are lots of fragrances available.

ukuleleclaire
November 7th, 2010, 09:46 AM
I often use Kimberlily's defrizz spray, and I like to add a drop or two of an essential oil to it for scent. You can pick whatever smell you want!

Copasetic
November 7th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Scent is quite personal. You should probably just try shopping around for a conditioner that smells great to you, then try using it as a leave in if you really want to the smell to last.