PDA

View Full Version : Help?

longblondetan
November 6th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Where can I purchase coconut oil?

little_cherry
November 6th, 2010, 08:06 PM
In the oil isle at walmart, health food stores or online. :)

longblondetan
November 6th, 2010, 08:08 PM
They have it at walmart? :D thank god. I hate buying online, i'm impatient! and I don't have a health food store near me.

Capybara
November 6th, 2010, 08:08 PM
I found it at my local grocery store - both refined and unfrefined virgin coconut oil, as well as various other oils. They were in the organic section.

ETA: To clarify, this was a chain grocery store, not a health food specific store. Just to let you know if you can't find it at Wal-Mart, it may be possible to get it at a regular grocery store as well. :)

tigr
November 6th, 2010, 08:09 PM
I've seen that you can find it in the cooking oil section. :) I haven't looked at my local supermarket yet; it's not in the budget until next month.

gotzbrainz
November 6th, 2010, 08:10 PM
i bet any where that you can find orgainic foods has it.

longblondetan
November 6th, 2010, 08:11 PM
OK!, well it's like a solid, right? How do you melt it down? I feel a little silly for asking... :oops:

narydaco
November 6th, 2010, 08:16 PM
I got mine at The Vitamin Shoppe. They have it online but I have a store near me so I bought it there to save shipping.

Shellby
November 6th, 2010, 08:16 PM
It melts really fast. I find just putting some in my hand is enough to start it melting. The warmth of my hands will melt it pretty quickly. In my warm climate it is a liquid. :)

longblondetan
November 6th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Oh! ok, well I live in the south so i'm sure it will melt then, thank you everyone!

thatjengirl1
December 25th, 2010, 06:16 AM
I bought mine at Safeway. it's a grocery store, i dont know if you have those around where you live