PDA

View Full Version : I got a compliment off a stranger woo!

jojo
November 6th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Well knock me over with a feather! I was out having a drink last night with my friend when this woman came up and said " I hope you don't think im weird or anything but just wanted to say ive never seen hair so long before, its gorgeous how long did it take you to grow it that long?" I thanked her and told her I was coming up to 5 years, which shocked her she thought it had took twice as long!

Thought id share this with you all, it put a huge smile on my face, i am only at waist which is relatively short but it made my day!:D

kschr2004
November 6th, 2010, 03:10 PM
That's a nice compliment! It's always nice when people are appreciative of long hair.

jera
November 6th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Congrats Jojo. That's a nice compliment. It feels so good when all the effort we put into our hair is appreciated by a stranger.

:cheese:

HintOfMint
November 6th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Congratulations! That's always nice to have, people forget how random compliments can just make your day.

jojo
November 6th, 2010, 03:22 PM
yes I was so shocked I thought she was going to tell me I had toilet roll hanging from my skirt or something! and it is lovely when you get a compliment off a stranger.

nemileo
November 6th, 2010, 03:37 PM
That is so nice! And you probably deserve it very much too:D

Chrissy
November 6th, 2010, 03:44 PM
That's so nice! That must have been so fun.

Beatnik Guy
November 6th, 2010, 03:57 PM
:rockerdud

linda g
November 6th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Awesome! What a great feeling!

girlcat36
November 6th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Way to grow, Jojo!!

RubyEmpress
November 6th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Aww that was nice of her. I always try and give compliments to strangers when I find something that's looks nice on them or what not. I know how it brightens my day when I get a random compliment from someone I don't know and I want to do the same for other people too!

jaine
November 6th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Very nice!! I like to randomly compliment strangers' hair if I like it, which makes me feel good...maybe I made someone as happy as you are :)

tinti
November 6th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Congratulations! That must've felt wonderful! And I can see what she ment, your hair is gorgeus :)

Addy
November 6th, 2010, 04:40 PM
I just told a random stranger how awesome his butt length braid was today! :cool:

Your hair does look great JoJo! :eyebrows:

Aredhel77
November 6th, 2010, 04:52 PM
yes I was so shocked I thought she was going to tell me I had toilet roll hanging from my skirt or something! and it is lovely when you get a compliment off a stranger.

LOL - funny how we always expect the worst ;) . Your hair is looking lovely :), hope the random compliments continue!

Carolyn
November 6th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Wow, very cool, jojo! I bet that made your day. And your hair is gorgeous!

jojo
November 6th, 2010, 05:20 PM
aww thank you all, i too will always tell people if there hair looks lovely. Im still buzzing!

embee
November 6th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Very nice! Sure is good to have a little positive reinforcement. :)

enfys
November 6th, 2010, 06:38 PM
I'm not surprised that it made you so happy! Go jojo! :cheese:

How lovely of that woman to go up to you as well, when she thought you'd think she was weird.

LisaMonster
November 6th, 2010, 09:49 PM
That's so great! Keep growing strong!

yellowchariot
November 6th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Jojo, that's great! :D
Getting complements from strangers are great indicators to let you know that you're doing something right with your hair as far as progression wise ;)! Keep it up! :thumbsup::thumbsup: <- I just gave you a 2 thumbs up, so now you have another complement :)

DecafJane
November 6th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Aw, that is great, Jojo! :D

<3OnHerSleeve
November 7th, 2010, 12:04 AM
you know that something is sincere and true when a stranger says it to you. :)

Valdeon
November 7th, 2010, 01:46 AM
Good for you!:cool: I hope someday I hear something similar on my hair:D

leslissocool
November 7th, 2010, 02:17 AM
:rockerdud

exactly! You do have banging hair!

Toadstool
November 7th, 2010, 02:33 AM
That's great Jojo!

MsBubbles
November 8th, 2010, 07:33 PM
That's great to hear, Jojo!. I hope I get a compliment from a stranger like that someday :)

starlights
November 9th, 2010, 03:51 PM
well done jojo! what a lovely compliment to recieve. :-)

Shellby
November 9th, 2010, 04:18 PM
That is just wonderful! And deserved. Your hair is gorgeous.

I had a coworker tell me that my hair was so pretty down. Because it is up or in a braid every day she did not know how long it really is. LOL.

frolovsmom
November 10th, 2010, 06:00 PM
How awesome is that! I'm glad it made your day!!