PDA

View Full Version : What can I do?

Gilly
November 6th, 2010, 12:57 AM
I have been really treating my hair gently lately, I am blow drying it but only on warm and from at least 12 inches away, I am also leaving it to airdry whenever I can, I am using Natures Gate Aloe shampoo a few times a week and am COing the rest of the time with the Conditioner from the same range.
I was just running my hands through the ends of my hair (so the hair is between my finger pads and NOT pulling) and I ended up with little bits of hair in my hand!
How can I stop this happening???:confused:

UltraBella
November 6th, 2010, 01:08 AM
A few bits or many ?
Have you taken a look at your ends ?
If you have previous damage maybe it is breaking off. Do you have little white dots ? Hair will often break to the "white dot of damage" with barely any pressure or pulling.

I hope it doesn't worry you too much :flower:

Capybara
November 6th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Is it possible that they were shed hairs that happened to come out at that instant? Were they broken off hairs, or did they have a "root bulb" at the end? I know I have a hair or two come out each time I touch my hair, just hairs that had shed but hadn't fallen out of the length yet. Hope it's fine :flower:

lapushka
November 6th, 2010, 08:43 AM
When it's not too much hair, and it doesn't keep coming out 5 to 10 minutes later, it's probably only shed hair that just hasn't fallen out yet.

I always run my hands trough my hair like that, mostly when combing. This way, you get the shed hairs out right then and there, and you don't leave them all over the place later.

aenflex
November 6th, 2010, 08:49 AM
I echo Ultrabella. Are they entire strands? Cause that's pretty much normal. Or are they parts of your ends breaking off? Cause that's damage. When was your last trim?

Sissy
November 6th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Do you think the Natures Gate products are causing your hair to thin at all? I'm just wondering because my hair has thinned (I believe it has at least) and I have been avoiding air drying and using mostly all natural products... many times I use Natures Gate products.

GrowingGlory
November 6th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Maybe deep conditioning would help.

Coan-Teen
November 6th, 2010, 10:36 AM
If you suspect it's caused by damage you should try to diagnose the problem. There's an article on it. Umm.... Here we go (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=44). Hopefully that method will help. Otherwise, you've already gotten a lot of great messages about possible causes. :)

Good luck!

ChloeDharma
November 7th, 2010, 06:30 PM
I have been really treating my hair gently lately, I am blow drying it but only on warm and from at least 12 inches away, I am also leaving it to airdry whenever I can, I am using Natures Gate Aloe shampoo a few times a week and am COing the rest of the time with the Conditioner from the same range.
I was just running my hands through the ends of my hair (so the hair is between my finger pads and NOT pulling) and I ended up with little bits of hair in my hand!
How can I stop this happening???:confused:

Hi Gilly :waving:
I notice you say you shampoo "a few times a week" then CO wash the rest of the time. That sounds like alot of washing to me and potentially drying to the hair. I'd also try heavily oiling the night before washing it.....surprise surprise ;)