PDA

View Full Version : Just cut without thinking....

CaityBear
November 5th, 2010, 08:46 PM
So I was taking hair length pictures. My last hair length picture was September of 2009. (my profile picture) And looking at the pictures depressed me. My ends are looking fairly thin and my hair hadn't grown much in the last year.

So...I cut off a good two inches. I was almost at classic and now I'm back at tailbone. And my hair barely grows...

It used to grow a solid inch every month...but then around waist I hit a stall and it hasn't quite grown the same ever since. :(

I'm now very depressed. I like the length I'm at...but my goal is knee! I really want to get there!

Bene
November 5th, 2010, 08:47 PM
I'm with you on that. Gave myself a trim last night. Added layers. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but now I'm thinking that I shot myself in the foot :(

TinaDenali
November 5th, 2010, 09:35 PM
I just looked at your profile and your hair looks great! The trim did you well, I'm sure and just think - once you reach your goal your ends will look even nicer.

Chin up :)

CaityBear
November 5th, 2010, 10:10 PM
That profile picture was actually still the old one. I just updated it. I kind of cheated though. I flipped my hair over to fluff it up a bit before the picture. haha I had to help make it look good. :)

My hope is that once it gets to goal length the ends will be better. That was kind of reasoning to cut it...kind of...

TinaDenali
November 5th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Oh, well, your updated picture is even longer! Wow! Your hair looks amazing!!

UltraBella
November 5th, 2010, 11:56 PM
You will get to your goal and in the mean time you will have fantastic feeling ends :) Your hair is lovely !!!!!!

JulietCapulet
November 6th, 2010, 12:44 AM
I'm with you on that. Gave myself a trim last night. Added layers. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but now I'm thinking that I shot myself in the foot :(

You added your own layers? That sounds very hard.

DARKMARTIAN
November 6th, 2010, 01:08 AM
Just to let you know....even us guys sometimes feel the same way. (or at least I do). First i have to admit though that i VERY rarely get a trim and I realize that it could be a contributing factor to the level at which I notice growth. But even so... sometimes I feel like my hair has "stopped" growing as well

Unfortunately CB....I suppose that its possible. But the point is, that I myself sit here and worry about the same thing. So you are definitely not alone in that respect....

Just thought id let ya know :o

CaityBear
November 6th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Thanks. :) I'm really hoping my hair will grow better soon.

spidermom
November 6th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Sometimes ya just need a trim! Don't let it depress you.

princessp
November 6th, 2010, 10:24 AM
I just checked out your photo too. Wow, you have amazingly awesome hair! I'm sorry you're feeling this way, but your hair still is absolutely gorgeous if that is any consolation.

Yozhik
November 6th, 2010, 10:59 AM
I also just checked out your profile photo -- your hair is so long and beautiful! :flower:

The color is so vibrant, too! And it looks very healthy. :)

jujube
November 6th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Maybe you're just getting closer to your terminal length and your hair seems to grow slower?

Elenna
November 6th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Well I saw your hair; it is absolutely gorgeous!

smileycat
November 6th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Okay, I had to sneak a peak at your photo, too, after reading all the raves. Well deserved raves!