PDA

View Full Version : WOOT! I'm only about an inch (a good inch) from BSL!

StephanieB
November 5th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Soooooooo close.

Another inch, maybe an inch and a half - and I'll be at BSL! :cheese:

I have no idea what caused the growth explosion my hair experienced in the past 7 weeks... only that it's taken off like a rocket, suddenly. I haven't done anything differently, nor have I changed product(s) or routines. I haven't even changed shampoo/condish bottles - so it can't be a batch or manufacturer recipe change...

Because I have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, it usually takes two months to achieve a quarter inch or so worth of growth. In the past 7 weeks or so, however, my hair has grown half an inch... maybe a bit more. I have to wait for hubby to come home to measure it for me. But I can clearly see the dark black-brown root line of new growth versus my lighter/redder color rinsed hair length: It's easily half an inch. I last visited my hairdresser for a color rinse nearly eight weeks ago. :cheese:

2peasinapod
November 5th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Congratulations! What a pleasant surprise! BSL is my next goal, too. I hope your increased growth rate continues! :)

tinti
November 5th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Congratulations! That's amazing :D

enfys
November 5th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Congratulations!

All I can think you did differently was wearing that wig for Hallowe'en then! Maybe it was warm under there and stimulated some growth :silly:

Where else would people be so happy their roots were showing?

ghost
November 5th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Congratulations, StephanieB! That's really exciting :)

redneckprincess
November 5th, 2010, 08:27 PM
how exciting... straightened (which I dont do often) my hair is also only about an inch or so from BSL, but darn these waves and curls, and shrinkage!!!!

Coan-Teen
November 5th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Congrats! That's fantastic! If it keeps growing that fast you might be there by New Year's!

christine1989
November 5th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Way to go! It looks like you will ring in the new year with BSL hair. :)

tinywife
November 5th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Good for you, StephanieB! I hope it keeps up at this rate, that would be awesome for you!

UltraBella
November 5th, 2010, 11:57 PM
That's great !!! Happy growing !

ukuleleclaire
November 6th, 2010, 12:13 AM
Congratulations! That's an exciting milestone and I hope to be there soon too! :cheese:

DivineComedian
November 6th, 2010, 02:33 AM
Ooh, that's great! Good for you. :) I'm impatiently waiting for mine to get to BSL at the moment- it's currently around APL and I have lots of pesky layers that I'm trying to grow out, so it usually looks even shorter than that.

Gumball
November 6th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Yay! It's just about milestone time then! You can't beat growth, especially when it's enough to be called an explosion! :D

jujube
November 6th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Congrats! Keep up the patient work!

mellie89
November 6th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Congratulations! :D I'm about an inch from BSL too and the anticipation is KILLING me!

LisaMonster
November 6th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Congrats, that's awesome! Sending grow vibes!

Chamomile betty
November 6th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Contests! Bs length is an easy length to work with.