PDA

View Full Version : help with growing out bangs!!

redneckprincess
November 5th, 2010, 02:09 PM
i have been growing out my bangs since May 2010, im so sick of just clipping them off to the side now that they are past nose length. not to mention my husband dosent like how it looks when i go out in public, lol

anyways the other day i was trying to come up with something that wouldnt look so bad...

and i have been wearing it like this ever since, in up-do's and down...

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab243/happyhippy31/5.jpg http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab243/happyhippy31/4.jpg http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab243/happyhippy31/2.jpg http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab243/happyhippy31/3.jpg

and i just sucure the french/dutch (whatever i feel like that day, lol) with a simple clip and hide it with another strand of hair (if wearing hair down)
here is a link to a picture of both my hair up and down with my bangs braided off to the side.. (with a poll to see which way I look better, lol) http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=58962

hope that can help anyone who is at this awful bangs/fringe grow out stage. or thinking about it.

melrose1985
November 5th, 2010, 02:32 PM
I did this with mine too!

lajsa
November 5th, 2010, 03:56 PM
That's a great solution! :) It looks nice.

I had bangs a few years ago, but I let them grow out since I never thought they looked very good on me. I hated the stages where they were long enough to bother me, but short enough not to be tucked behind my ears. I come bringing some comfort, though; that annoyance will pass :p My "bangs" are currently a few inches shorter than the rest of my hair, and I've sworn NOT to cut them back! :D

tinti
November 5th, 2010, 04:36 PM
That is a great solution. I've done this with mine as well, but not since my new bangs happened. I just tried, and it looks good, I think.

mrs_coffee
November 5th, 2010, 06:33 PM
I love that! My bangs are just reaching the tip of my nose now, but when they're long enough I'll definitely give this a go.

redneckprincess
November 5th, 2010, 08:21 PM
I love that! My bangs are just reaching the tip of my nose now, but when they're long enough I'll definitely give this a go.
mine are just reaching the tip of my nose too, and actually shorter in the middle and longer as they went to the side...kind of a reverce U

Lize
November 6th, 2010, 03:29 AM
I do that too. Mine are almost chin lenght now so a while ago I shaped tham a bit so that they look more like face framing layers than bangs. I think that will help in the process. So now they are almost long enough to wear down and look like layers instead of grown out bangs. Hang in there a couple of months more! :)

Harriet
November 6th, 2010, 04:08 AM
This is how i'm dealing with growing mine out to! Another option is to take a section next to your part, twist it away from your face, add another section, twist again, and keep doing that until you've used up all the bang hair. I tend to add a bit of full length hair as well to help blend it in. Then clip it back either under or on top of your hair. I have a cute clip with a pink bow on it that I like to use for this.

redneckprincess
November 6th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Oh that's a great idea, I will deffinetly have to try that!!

This is how i'm dealing with growing mine out to! Another option is to take a section next to your part, twist it away from your face, add another section, twist again, and keep doing that until you've used up all the bang hair. I tend to add a bit of full length hair as well to help blend it in. Then clip it back either under or on top of your hair. I have a cute clip with a pink bow on it that I like to use for this.

jojo
November 6th, 2010, 06:22 PM
When mine was this length I use to make 5 little ponys, twist and bobby clip back or use little occtopus clips, it looked pretty good. I love those dutch braids though to keep it back, I can never do those but they look very pretty on you.

I started in 2007 to grow my fringe out which was above eyebrow length, now its past shoulder. Tip of the nose length is the most frustrating length when growing them out, but once you get to chin its much easier as you can tuck them behind your ears then. Its not easy but your doing well with it, keep it up!

eta= my fringe is actually apl never noticed it getting there!!

Hylia
November 6th, 2010, 09:42 PM
I have the most annoying chin length bangs. At this length they always get in my mouth :mad: So I usually braid them to the side or take a clip and put the bangs at the top of my head or wear a headband.

UltraBella
November 6th, 2010, 11:27 PM
I am growing out my bangs and I just cut them a month ago ! I like them, they look cute, but they are driving me nuts. I like to pin them back with bobby pins and make a little bump in the front. You can look at pic # 9 in my hair album if you need a visual. I like the little braid you are doing, but I need some height near my face.

mrs_coffee
November 7th, 2010, 05:26 AM
mine are just reaching the tip of my nose too, and actually shorter in the middle and longer as they went to the side...kind of a reverce U

Really? Hmm, I wonder if I'm coordinated enough to make that work...

Eire
November 9th, 2010, 08:30 PM
My bangs look nice, but they irritate me. I'm thinking I will grow them out and see how it goes. I like the braid away from the face look.

strawberryfine
March 14th, 2022, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the message of support!