PDA

View Full Version : do i look better with my hair UP or DOWN??

redneckprincess
November 5th, 2010, 01:57 PM
http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab243/happyhippy31/untitled-2.jpg

sorry the pictures are so small, I took them with my cell-phone, but you can still get the idea

mali
November 5th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Better with it down.

suncica
November 5th, 2010, 02:13 PM
I like it down, but I like it down on everyone :)

Lady Mary
November 5th, 2010, 02:20 PM
I do like both looks, but I am a bit more leaning towards down. If you had your head tilted a bit so I could see whatever the style was in the back, I think I would like them equally.

BrightEyes7
November 5th, 2010, 02:21 PM
I chose down because I always think hair down looks better. But you look nice with both... You have a very slender face so up-dos look nice on you!

HairFaerie
November 5th, 2010, 02:35 PM
You look nice either way, but I prefer down. But, of course, it depends on the situation/occasion. :)

christine1989
November 5th, 2010, 02:41 PM
I really like it down since your color really looks good with your skin tone.

aenflex
November 5th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Both, it totally depends on what you are wearing and doing and feeling. But I think you happen to be one of those people who can get away with both easily.

Dragon
November 5th, 2010, 02:58 PM
They both look good but I vote for down.

Sylvanas
November 5th, 2010, 03:09 PM
I voted down, as I think it makes you look much younger and less strict. Having said that, 'mature and stern' might come in handy in certain situations too :D

I think some loose faceframing pieces would soften the updo and make me like it more, but hey, that's just my personal taste. Also - the colour of your sweater goes so well with your complexion and hair colour, love it :)

MinderMutsig
November 5th, 2010, 03:18 PM
I voted down, as I think it makes you look much younger and less strict. Having said that, 'mature and stern' might come in handy in certain situations too :D

I think some loose faceframing pieces would soften the updo and make me like it more, but hey, that's just my personal taste. Also - the colour of your sweater goes so well with your complexion and hair colour, love it :) I agree with this post.

Nae
November 5th, 2010, 03:25 PM
I like it up!!! I think it shows off your pretty bone structure that way!

RubyEmpress
November 5th, 2010, 03:25 PM
I voted down however it's hard to tell because you can't really see what your updo looks like

lajsa
November 5th, 2010, 03:30 PM
I think you look great both ways, but down makes you look younger (it seems to do that for everyone; my grandmother commented on my single braid in the back that it made me look older, around twenty or so - and I'm eighteen tomorrow). It's hard to tell what sort of updo you have; the kind of updo makes a lot of difference in my opinion ;)

Neneka
November 5th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Both! You can wear it just the way you want to. :)

dropinthebucket
November 5th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Both are nice - but I think bangs would look awesome with your glasses!

JulietCapulet
November 5th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Both look fine I agree...but up looks best in these photos. In another photo it might be the reverse so...it depends on the photo.

torrilin
November 5th, 2010, 05:39 PM
I vote neither. That particular updo may not suit you, but there are lots of ways to put your hair up. You're not required to look like a skinned rabbit to have your hair up! I don't think down particularly suits you either. Your hair is very pretty, but down all I see is the hair.

Clearly the solution is to grow your hair longer so you have more options ;).

Also, a lot is going to depend on your personality and hair type. You've got limits to what you'll do to have perfect hair. You've got an aesthetic sense of what is beautiful and what isn't. And your hair will have things that it just will not tolerate, and others that it cooperates in. So a lot of it is finding the right balance between what your hair will do, what you think is gorgeous, and what you can stand to do every morning. (and in some cases, what will fit under a bike helmet...)

If you dig through the articles here, there are 11 *pages* of hairstyle ideas. And this is just one site. If you go through youtube videos of hairstyles, there are scads more.

Charlotte
November 5th, 2010, 06:29 PM
I think that both ways look pretty. :) It depends what you are doing, I guess; housework or going out in the windy weather etc - keep it up and out the way; watching a movie etc - wear it down, loose and flowing. :D :blossom:

mrs_coffee
November 5th, 2010, 06:31 PM
You look younger with it down, but since you have a nice oval shaped face and high cheekbones both styles look great on you.

Carolyn
November 5th, 2010, 06:36 PM
I like your hair both ways. They both look nice on you. I think it's nice to vary your styles. Keep growing it looks great.

tinywife
November 5th, 2010, 07:04 PM
It looks like even your "down" picture is a half-updo. I think it would be beautiful if it was ALL down, especially when it gets a little longer.

klcqtee
November 5th, 2010, 07:15 PM
I think up compliments your neck, but both are nice.

redneckprincess
November 5th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Thank you all for your input!!! in the up do I just twisted it up and put in a hair fork to snap a quick photo..

I think some loose faceframing pieces would soften the updo and make me like it more, but hey, that's just my personal taste. Also - the colour of your sweater goes so well with your complexion and hair colour, love it :)

yes usually when i wear my hair up, I do have a few hairs left loose on the sides. and thank you about the shirt.

Both are nice - but I think bangs would look awesome with your glasses!

thanks, and I do COMPLETLY agree, but im in the process of growing out my bangs, for real this time, Im sick of having to cut them every couple weeks, then having them to short and wierd curls and twists and turns every which way.

It looks like even your "down" picture is a half-updo. I think it would be beautiful if it was ALL down, especially when it gets a little longer.

not really a half up, just my bangs are braided off to the side, because they are not long enough to put behind my ear or hide in with the length just yet.

ericthegreat
November 5th, 2010, 08:29 PM
I also voted down. With your hair up, well really with anybody who wears their hair up there is no way to tell just how long your hair is. Also, there is something to say about "letting your hair down" as meaning you are allowing yourself to have fun and be free.

kschr2004
November 5th, 2010, 08:33 PM
I voted down too. But you have a really pretty face, so your updo is a close second!

feralnature
November 5th, 2010, 09:44 PM
I voted down because the up-do is too tight and severe. You just explained why in the above post but I am putting this answer anyway :) Perhaps don't pull it so tight, have some hair falling down around your face, have it messier. Nothing wrong with sexy tendrils cascading down like a waterfall of hair.

Dars
November 5th, 2010, 10:19 PM
I voted up purely because your facial expression is more positive. A smile changes everything. :)

Eolan
November 6th, 2010, 06:27 AM
I like both, so I can't vote. You look great, period. :)

LittleRainbow
November 6th, 2010, 07:09 AM
I don't look that good in a "strict" updo, so I tend to make them looser to "frame my face". More romantic. You look good in both but if you want it up you can change style by doing the bun more loosely :p Atleast that's what I think.

Newniepg
November 6th, 2010, 07:55 AM
I prefer it down on you I think. Nothing wrong with the up picture, but having your hair down makes you look softer and more youthful (if that's what you wanted!). You should save the hair up look for when you need to look like a professional or a sterner.

:)

Sissy
November 6th, 2010, 09:06 AM
I voted down, but I like it better on everyone down :P

Debra83
November 6th, 2010, 10:34 AM
I like them both (pics), but I just realized you're smiling more in the up pic, and that's probably why I gravitated to that one! :D

spidermom
November 6th, 2010, 10:57 AM
I think you can carry off either look, so it depends on what you're doing. Out for the evening? Down. House or yard work? Up. Shopping/trying on clothes? Up. And so forth.

ange1ito
November 6th, 2010, 11:23 AM
I prefer you with it down as it looks more feminine, agree you could carry the up off too, but have a feeling if you had some pieces out at the sides it would soften the look and be quite wearable...wearing hair down is so much more fun, you get to swish it around...lol.

enfys
November 6th, 2010, 12:30 PM
I'm going to say up because with does you get the same effect as I sometimes do; the top looks flat compared to the volume if hair at the side, and it overwhelms you face a bit by being so much bigger. You may find with more length that effect reduces (it did for me) but for now I think up looks better.

In terms of looking youthful, you look a lot younger than your age anyway so that shouldn't be an issue. Neither look ages you.

lilalong
November 6th, 2010, 12:37 PM
I'm going to go against the grain and say up. Your face has a beautiful shape and an updo makes that shape stand out.

Anadyomene
November 6th, 2010, 12:43 PM
I liked both But I voted up. I think it is because you were smiling more in that one, but both did look good.

jojo
November 6th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I love your hair it reminds me so much of mine and you suit it either up or down. I also think you suit no fringe too.

Raekwon
November 6th, 2010, 04:46 PM
I prefer it up for some reason.

Fethenwen
November 7th, 2010, 11:30 AM
I'd say down, but up is nice also, a bit more of a weekday look. I would also like to add that bangs would really suit you :)

marzipanthecat
November 8th, 2010, 10:34 AM
I am so incredibly rubbish - I mean to click on DOWN but I clicked on UP by mistake.

Down! (although you look fine with it up too - just better down!)

windinherhair
November 8th, 2010, 05:18 PM
I like your hair better down but it looks nice both ways. That is how I feel about my hair too, but it is hard to wear it down at work.

UltraBella
November 8th, 2010, 08:59 PM
I didn't vote because my answer is BOTH. I really like it either way !

Henrietta
November 12th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Really, there should be "both" option:) I'd pick it.
Now I picked "up".