PDA

View Full Version : Thickening hair naturally? Hair loss post move

indigonight
November 4th, 2010, 06:55 PM
I recently moved to Canada from Europe and this has been a lot of stress on my system, the transition has hardly been easy and I have been quite ill, probably not used to the Canadian germs!
I have definitely lost thickness in my hair at least a couple of inches in my ponytail diameter from stress and illness.
Apart from taking my usual biotin, msm, B5 vits and regular oiling with black seed oil, plus monthly henna/cassia glosses is there anything else I should be doing?

~BoHemiAngel~
November 4th, 2010, 09:51 PM
I would suggest to make sure you are eating a good diet (i.e. Lots of minerals, healthy fats, and protein). I lost a lot of hair with a stressful move, too, and found that daily botanical infusions of Nettles + Horsetail (dried herbs) were a helpful and easy way to restore minerals in my diet, thus reducing shedding. Adaptogenic herbs like ginseng or Ashwaghanda (winter cherry) help the body manage stress by balancing the adrenals.

Good luck!

Roscata
November 4th, 2010, 11:37 PM
I use Castor oil (mixed with EVOO because it is sticky) and massage it on my scalp before washing, I heard it helps with hair growth and hair loss. I'm trying to get my old hair back too, I moved across an ocean and my hair hasn't been the same since.

tinywife
November 4th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Hi indigonight! I had a lot of shedding after a move, due either to stress, sudden weight loss (from stress), or new medications (for migraines, which were caused by stress!)

The good news is, it all grew back.

My number one recommendation for you is to start taking a multi-vitamin, because if your body is under-nourished, it'll be less stress-resistant. You'll literally feel more stressed. I use "Professional Pre-natal Formula," with very good results - more energy, less PMS, and better hair.

My other recommendation is to get enough sleep. It's harder to remember to do when you're stressed, but it'll make you feel less so, I promise.

Feel better!

christine1989
November 4th, 2010, 11:48 PM
I second castor oil. It has really helped my hair thicken but it takes a few months to see results.

chrissy-b
November 5th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Regular scalp massages with castor oil (as some have already suggested) and essential oils like rosemary, or another oil blend will really help. I've been using Henna Sooq Cocoveda Hair Oil (http://www.hennasooq.com/usa-store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=146) lately with good results.

indigonight
November 5th, 2010, 08:10 PM
thanks for all these sympathetic messages! Nice to know that I'm not alone in having a stressful move and losing hair...
its great to hear from you all....
Much long hair love I really appreciated the replies...