PDA

View Full Version : BSL?? Close if not all the way there!!!! Surprise, surprise :)

jenjen10
November 4th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Is BSL considered the top or the bottom of the band? I went to get my hair trimmed today and she straightened it to make sure everything is even... as I was driving home I realized that my hair was grazing the top of my bra band in the back!! Almost drove off the road feeling to make sure... LOL

If BSL is the bottom of the band, I guess I am not there yet but I didn't realize how long it truly was... I knew I had some wave now but didn't think it took up an inch or so of length! :)

akuamoonmaui
November 4th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Someone just posted that BSL is below the strap. But I don't know the official LHC definition.

jojo
November 4th, 2010, 04:56 PM
BSL is wherever you want it to be, either top or bottom of strap. I personally went for bottom but its up to you, just remember if you go for the top waist takes longer.

tinti
November 4th, 2010, 05:15 PM
BSL is wherever you want it to be, either top or bottom of strap. I personally went for bottom but its up to you, just remember if you go for the top waist takes longer.
I second this. I think of bsl as the bottom of bra strap, but it's up to you. If you'd like to call the top of the strap for bsl, go for it :)

KittyLost
November 4th, 2010, 05:46 PM
To me BSL stands for Bra Strap Length, but I still consider it to be the bottom of the strap and not when it first reaches the strap. And I said strap three times and now strap doesn't look like a real word to me anymore haha.

akuamoonmaui
November 4th, 2010, 06:14 PM
strap strap strap strap strap. Sorry couldn't resist!

redneckprincess
November 4th, 2010, 06:17 PM
for me, i say mid way, because my bra strap tends to ride up high and i have thick bands usually

MissManda
November 4th, 2010, 06:25 PM
You can say BSL at whatever feels best for you. I think that hair that is touching the top of the strap could be considered BSL and that hair that is at the end of the bra strap could be considered "full" BSL. I hope that makes sense. Heck, you could declare BSL right at the middle of the strap if you wanted. :D

For example, my hair is starting to close in on hip length, but I have a hard time believing/declaring my hair is actually close to hip because I am growing out a V-shaped layered cut. I consider my hair "full" waist because only the longest parts are barely brushing hip-length and because the shorter parts are catching up to my waist now.

spidermom
November 4th, 2010, 06:48 PM
BSL, for me = Bottom of Shoulderblade Length. The bra strap is the thing that goes over your shoulder, so really, with the usual definition, you could call shoulder length bra strap length. It's the bra BAND that goes around you, and if your hair is touching it, that's good enough for me. That would be BBL (bra band length).

greentealeaf
November 4th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Either one, I think it's up to you. BSL is probably a little more subjective than the others, it could even change depending on what you're wearing.

little_cherry
November 4th, 2010, 06:52 PM
BSL, for me = Bottom of Shoulderblade Length. The bra strap is the thing that goes over your shoulder, so really, with the usual definition, you could call shoulder length bra strap length. It's the bra BAND that goes around you, and if your hair is touching it, that's good enough for me. That would be BBL (bra band length).
This makes the most sense to me!

jeanniet
November 4th, 2010, 07:13 PM
I say top of the strap, but that's because I'm, er, amply endowed and bottom of the (wide) strap is practically at waist. I need something to encourage me between APL and waist! :p

KittyLost
November 9th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Haha! Thanks Akuamoonmaui :p

Wow, I've never thought of it this way and it makes the most sense to me now.

McFearless
November 9th, 2010, 09:20 PM
BSL is the top, MidBackLength is the bottle. Congrats girl!

Cirafly24
November 9th, 2010, 11:41 PM
I say top of the strap, but that's because I'm, er, amply endowed and bottom of the (wide) strap is practically at waist.

Same here! I say the top of the strap is BSL.

Saturnia
November 9th, 2010, 11:50 PM
I think of it as when it begins to hit the top. My hair is below the strap now, and I consider it to be "just past BSL".

growing2shine
November 10th, 2010, 12:14 PM
For me BSL is when the ends touches the top of the band. :)

Avital88
November 10th, 2010, 12:16 PM
For me bra strap is just the middle of the strap:)

curlymarcia
November 10th, 2010, 02:17 PM
For me is the bottom of the strap, but the bra staps are not wide. So whenever your hair touches the bra quickly will grow trough the strap :)

lhangel9
November 12th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Top or bottom is fine. I personally consider the bottom since it's longer at that point.

see_turtle
November 12th, 2010, 08:50 PM
I will count mine as BSL when it touches the bottom. But to each their own. I'm eagerly awaiting it ! Have about an inch to go!

JulietCapulet
November 12th, 2010, 09:09 PM
BSL..below strap level. No just kidding. I have no idea, but I hope you reach your goal length soon! :-D

Henrietta
November 13th, 2010, 06:02 AM
I'd say it's at the top of the bra but it depends on your attitude;) If you will feel better knowing that you are at BSL when your hair touches the top of the strap- go for it:) We need positive thinking:)

So... congratulations! :)

jenjen10
November 13th, 2010, 08:09 AM
I think I do agree that it is probably the bottom of the band but I still was very surprised (and happy) to realize that my hair is that long... I didn't realize that my (very slight) waves took up that much length.