PDA

View Full Version : What is a natural way to colour my hair brown

Dreamkitty
November 4th, 2010, 09:46 AM
My hair is very, very dark brown when I look at all my hairs close up. But it looks completly black. I want to naturally colour my hair without the use of dyes.

I know you can use henna but that only comes out in a red colour.

Is there a henna or something natural which I can put on my hair to make it look simply dark brown but not black?:o

mali
November 4th, 2010, 09:51 AM
1.Simmer 1/2 dried sage & ½ dried rosemary in 2 cups water for 30 minutes, then steep for 2-3 hours. Double or triple the recipe as needed for your volume or texture of hair, or for the amount of grey you need to cover. Put this solution on your hair and leave it on until it’s dry.

2.Make a mixture of fresh carrot juice and beet juice(about 2 cups of carrot juice, and 1 cup of beet juice). Put mixture on hair, being sure to avoid or protect the skin around the hair line and back of neck. Cover hair and sit out in the sun for an hour.
It may take more time using these time-tested natural rinses, but you’ll enjoy the many benefits of naturally (and safely) toning you hair.These tehniques will enrich your color,but they won't lighten it.The only ''unnatural'' thing that can lighten your hair is...you guessed it...bleach! You can also try honey lightning (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=148&highlight=honey+lightning) (clicky ''honey lightning'' for the thread=>ktani)

aenflex
November 4th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Well I am NO expert. But if your hair already is very dark, I don't know if you will be able to get the lighter result you are looking for with just Henna. I haven't been able to thus far. Henne will get it red or auburn, bot not a ligher shade of brown than what you already have. Seems like some sort of color-lifting will be necessary 1st. There are vegetable stains and Aveda's hair colour line is very good, but still don't know about getting it any lighter?....

Francoise1606
November 4th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Henna can only stain your hair, so if your hair is very dark, it will not actually change the haircolour. But if you use henna you might get a reddish tinge when you are outside in the sun. Some people here have been able to lighten their hair with honey and other natural stuff. check out Ktani's articles and post about honey lightening mixes. If anyone knows how to do this it would be her.

jojo
November 4th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Lush henna brun see avatar no orange hair just dark chocolate hair