PDA

View Full Version : 'Little Princesses UK' - anyone heard of this charity?

Stevy
May 30th, 2008, 03:14 AM
First of all, sorry for starting yet another thread mentioning hair donations - I know everyone hears quite enough about it already! And no, I have no intention of giving away my hair, as I already give money and time to my chosen charities.

The situation is that my brother is thinking of cutting his hair when he leaves university, and wants to do some good with it if possible. A friend of his has suggested this UK hair donation charity: Little Princesses (http://www.littleprincesses.org.uk/Donate/Hair.aspx). Does anyone know anything about it, or have good or bad experiences? The reason I'm a little worried is that Cancer Research UK (http://www.cancerhelp.org.uk/help/default.asp?page=5357) doesn't make any mention of it on its hair donation page, and they're a very reputable charity who I trust.

We are in the UK, so suggesting US or Canadian charities isn't likely to be much help.

Thanks in advance!

darl_in1
May 30th, 2008, 03:26 AM
I've never heard of them I'm afraid. All I can suggest is that he gets in touch with cancer research and asks them if they have heard of Little Princesses, or can suggest a reputable charity.

Isn't there a more reputable version of LOL run by one of the big hair product manufacturers?

Lamb
May 30th, 2008, 09:45 AM
What about selling his hair and donating the money? I think that's the best way to avoid not-so-charitable charities, and at least the money would arrive in whole where it should.

purplebubba
May 30th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Reading through the FAQ on their page they sound like they are better than LOL.

They say they never sell hair and have even closed off accepting hair when they had too much.

They also say they accept hair of all colors and bleached.

Based on that information they sound better than others.

But I'd say anyone who is going to use them should do more research.

Stevy
May 31st, 2008, 03:11 AM
Thanks for the responses, everyone - it's been very helpful!