PDA

View Full Version : Hair length- do you measure from the crown or hairline?

Dreamkitty
November 3rd, 2010, 04:04 PM
I measured my hair from the hairline right to the tip. It was 24inches.

Im just wondering what is the correct way to measure and how do most people here measure their hair, is it from the crown or hairline?.

enfys
November 3rd, 2010, 04:10 PM
Most of us measure from the hairline to give a constant point of reference. It is easy to be out by as much as an inch (two months growth!) if you are feeling about for your crown.

Vermelha
November 3rd, 2010, 04:13 PM
I do it from the hairline back to stay consistent. The hairline isnt going anywhere :) hopefully.

enfys
November 3rd, 2010, 04:20 PM
I do it from the hairline back to stay consistent. The hairline isnt going anywhere :) hopefully.

Ooh I never thought about that! Obviously a bigger concern for our male members..."This has been quite a stall...but my hair feels longer" :confused:

Jessica Trapp
November 3rd, 2010, 04:31 PM
Hairline.

:flower:

KittyLost
November 3rd, 2010, 05:15 PM
I measure from the hairline for consistency.

tinti
November 3rd, 2010, 05:27 PM
I'm measuring from the hairline down to the tips, for consistency. Here's a couple of articles that you can read if you'd like :)

Measurements, errors and crazy tapes, by Heidi_234
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=168

How to measure your hair, by Teacherbear
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=9

Niwa
November 3rd, 2010, 05:48 PM
I used to measure sections of my hair from root to tip, but, as enfys points out, that can yield inconsistent results. Using the hairline as a start point is more reliable.

MissManda
November 3rd, 2010, 05:59 PM
I measure from the hairline because it is easier for me to measure from and get consistent results. Measuring from the hairline also follows the recommended LHC guidelines for measuring, which can come in handy for knowing which updos/hairstyles other members can do at around the same length as me. :)