PDA

View Full Version : Hair and crutches?

bluesnowflake
November 3rd, 2010, 04:02 PM
I have slightly past waist length hair and I recently sprained my ankle pretty badly. I have to be on crutched for about two weeks, but my hair keeps getting caught in the crutches. Even when I braid it (my normal hairstyle), this happens. Any tips? Should I just wear a bun for the next two weeks?

enfys
November 3rd, 2010, 04:04 PM
I have slightly past waist length hair and I recently sprained my ankle pretty badly. I have to be on crutched for about two weeks, but my hair keeps getting caught in the crutches. Even when I braid it (my normal hairstyle), this happens. Any tips? Should I just wear a bun for the next two weeks?

That would be the best soltution. It will keep all your hair totally out of the way.

Hope it gets better soon :(

mali
November 3rd, 2010, 04:20 PM
Yes,a bun would be a great ideea.Hope you'll get better soon! :flower:

Bene
November 3rd, 2010, 05:09 PM
I was kind of smirking to myself about this because I was thinking "How is bunning while on crutches NOT a common sense solution?" Then I remembered that there are in fact people out there who don't bun, it's not second nature to them, it's not the obvious option. So, I apologize for my snickering.

Aside from a bun, you can always tuck your braid down the back of your shirt while you're hobbling around on the crutches. Or you can bring your braid forward and tuck it down the front of your shirt.

tinti
November 3rd, 2010, 05:34 PM
You can bun it, or you could just fold the braid and clip it up? That's a pretty style to learn anyway. I used to do that with my moms hair when she had surgery on her knee, and she said it was really comfy.
Hope you get better soon! :grouphug

rhosyn_du
November 3rd, 2010, 05:38 PM
As a serious disaster magnet who has been on crutches far too often... Yes, definitely bun. And not just any old bun. You want the most secure bun you can manage, with the weight well-distributed. Something like a nautilus or locked bee-butt. Using crutches has the roughly the same effect on updo integrity as rocking out in a mosh pit.