PDA

View Full Version : BSL hairstick updos :O

chelly
May 29th, 2008, 11:46 PM
My dads getting married tomorrow afternoon and i just got my lovely quecraft dragonfly hairstick in the mail! I want to wear it tomorrow but i can seem to find any hairstick updos for BSL hair. does anyone have any good ones for my length? I'd really love pictures since i'm a visual person :]

edit : I dont have ANY practice with hairsticks so theres no such thing as too much detail. :D

Nini
May 30th, 2008, 01:37 AM
If you have no previous experience I'd suggest putting it up in a ponytail and then play around with it!

Finding your sweet spot, and getting the sticks to stay can take a little work. Mind you, it's different for all of us of course:p

Enjoy the wedding tomorrow!

Nini

eadwine
May 30th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Well.. not to toot my own horn, but the link in my siggie will give you some ideas, there are videos of almost everything. I am 1 inch shy of BSL. Many of the "do's" can be done with a stick.

Try with a cheapo chopstick or something first, using the grab little bit of outside of bun hair pointing stick outward, flip over, grab scalp hair and push through bun idea.

Do note the Que sticks cannot hold as much force as the wooden or metal ones can. Have fun tomorrow!!

chelly
May 31st, 2008, 01:41 AM
thank you both :] the wedding was fantastic but i ended up going with my hair down in the end :]