PDA

View Full Version : Need a trim but I don't wanna

mommy101405
May 29th, 2008, 08:00 PM
:(

My hair really needs a trim but I am at solid shoulder length now and I really don't want to lose the length. I know if I go and say 1/4" its going to mean 4 inches. I just don't know what to do. I am so torn. But my hair is starting to get tangled really easily and I have a feeling its due to all my ratty ends.

akurah
May 29th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Cheap places, such as barber shops or shops like SuperCuts don't have much in the way of illusions as to "knowing better" than you do. I got a trim at supercuts and she trimmed EXACTLY what I wanted and no more.

You will need to visually show her the amount you want trimmed, though, because gauging inches based off saying "One inch" isn't a good idea, her idea of one inch might be our idea of three.

spidermom
May 29th, 2008, 08:28 PM
I know that a lot of people feel exactly the same way. You could try lurking at the most convenient place to have your hair trimmed. Pretend you are looking at the style books but watch the stylists. You'll soon figure out who is scissor happy and who isn't. Or ask for recommendations from other people, preferably long-haired people. Or look for a long-haired stylist. (I had one in the past who had classic-length hair.) Once you're in the chair, pay attention to every move the stylist makes. Don't be one of those people who says "I was daydreaming and the next thing I knew 4 inches were gone."

The last time I had my hair trimmed, it went into growth overdrive. I'm astonished. I had 3-4 inches of awful splitty ends cut off, and the length was back within 2 months. At nearly 3 months, it's longer than it was when I had the trim. I don't think I'll ever worry about losing length again.