PDA

View Full Version : Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum

JuneBride
November 2nd, 2010, 09:22 PM
I just got my hair cut last night and want to do everything I can to prevent split ends so I can stretch the time between trims and cuts so I can reach my goal. Enter: Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum. Does this stuff work? Does it contain any harmful ingredients? (I am bad at reading and understanding ingredients.) I have tried real coconut oil and EVOO, my hair doesn't do well with either, my hair seems to like Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum...but if it's bad for my hair I font want to continue using it!

Any info would be appreciated -Thanks!!!

Dolly
November 3rd, 2010, 10:49 AM
Well, it has cones and protein.....my hair loves cones and protein though, and I just bought a bottle of the stuff....I love it personally.....and it smells so yummy! I bought the sulfate free shampoo and condish as well....

akuamoonmaui
November 3rd, 2010, 08:54 PM
I like it, too. During the day I will put a squirt of the coconut milk and a squirt of the vanilla silk together and it makes my hair soft and shiny. At night after I shower I use coconut oil. If you haven't tried it, you may want to, it works better than the Organix, but can make your hair look greasy if you apply too much.

may1em
November 4th, 2010, 08:37 AM
I use it. Different things are "bad for" different people's hair. If it works for you, go for it!

Also, if one of your main causes of splits is mechanical damage, it definitely sounds like it'd work.

CaityBear
November 4th, 2010, 04:49 PM
I'd say give it a try anyway. :) It might work for your hair. If not help with the breakage, maybe it'll just make your hair really soft?

RachieBaby
November 18th, 2010, 07:31 AM
I use it! :D I love it works wonders for my hair :) I've not had any problems with it so far and i've been using it everyday since September after I shower on damp hair :) Also i've hardly used any of the bottle so it good value for what you get :) well I think so anyway :)

aenflex
November 18th, 2010, 07:39 AM
I've really liked some of the products in this line. It's under 10 bucks so I say try it :)

JuneBride
December 30th, 2010, 08:40 PM
My hair still loves it...I just did a scalp massage with it! I have yet to try the other products in the line...maybe in the New Year ;)

ibleedlipstick
December 30th, 2010, 10:04 PM
I love this SO much. I bought it after my Feria disaster, and it makes my hair smell and feel good, although I haven't used it long enough to really know if it has made a positive change or not.

DTsgirl
December 31st, 2010, 04:36 PM
I use it. I love the way feels dry, but it's a little different from what I'm used to with most silicone serums. Instead of instantly smoothing / slicking the hair strands, it feels kind of sticky. Weird. But, it spreads easily through the hair, smells fantabulous, and when dry, is very nice. It's hard to over do too, unlike, say, Sammy Silk. For almost-hip iii hair, I use a small walnut sized glob on about 18 inches worth of hair. I love it, and I think it does help strengthen the core of the hair strand.

JuneBride
December 31st, 2010, 05:42 PM
I use it. I love the way feels dry, but it's a little different from what I'm used to with most silicone serums. Instead of instantly smoothing / slicking the hair strands, it feels kind of sticky. Weird. But, it spreads easily through the hair, smells fantabulous, and when dry, is very nice. It's hard to over do too, unlike, say, Sammy Silk. For almost-hip iii hair, I use a small walnut sized glob on about 18 inches worth of hair. I love it, and I think it does help strengthen the core of the hair strand.

Agreed. I heavy oiled with it and did a scalp massage last night...it washed right out with my conditioner this morning (because I CO) and it felt great! My haor just likes it sooo much better than Coconut oil.