PDA

View Full Version : What other reasons did you oil your hair?

Dreamkitty
November 2nd, 2010, 06:52 AM
:D There is another reason why I always have put oil in my hair.

Without oil, my hair is very fluffy and I feel uncomfortable. Same with my mum. If I just wash and shampoo my hair, the day after it gets quite tangled easily. My hair makes me feel hot, I have this thing where one of my ear goes red and warm. But when I put oil in my hair, my head is much cooler and I don't get that effect with my ears.

Sounds very strange I know. I was wondering if anyone else here puts oil on for another reason?

bumblebums
November 2nd, 2010, 06:59 AM
You sound like a pitta.

Dreamkitty
November 2nd, 2010, 07:26 AM
You sound like a pitta.

What does that mean?:confused:

MommaRalph
November 2nd, 2010, 08:45 AM
I think it means this: Ayurveda Body Types
All human beings are broadly categorized into three body types- Vaata Type Body; Pitta Type Body; and Kapha Type Body. They are named on the basis of the dominating dosha in the body. The Pitta Type Body : People having a Pitta type body are determined and strong willed. They have good digestion. Their primary organs are the small intestine and stomach. They tend to be hot and oily. As Pitta is associated with the fire element, these people have a fiery quality. In situation of imbalanced, they develop skin problems like rashes, burning, inflammation. They are also prone to fever, ulcers, anger, jealousy, and copious urine. They should try to remain cool and avoid excess heat, steam or humidity. Excessively oily food or fried foods, caffeine, alcohol, red meat, hot spices, and salt is also harmful for them. Fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains are good for them. They should always try to get good amount of fresh air. Suppression of emotions is not good for such people. (from http://www.ayurveda-herbal-remedy.com/ayurvedic-diets/doshas-ayurveda-body-types.html)

I oil to hopefully strengthen hair and prevent split ends!

Valerie

cmnt831
November 2nd, 2010, 09:10 AM
I oil my hair to keep it from getting fluffy, too. Otherwise, it's pretty healthy and I went for years with no oil (before I found LHC) and my hair was fine. I just like the way it looks with oil in it.

Dreamkitty
November 2nd, 2010, 10:01 AM
I think it means this: Ayurveda Body Types
All human beings are broadly categorized into three body types- Vaata Type Body; Pitta Type Body; and Kapha Type Body. They are named on the basis of the dominating dosha in the body. The Pitta Type Body : People having a Pitta type body are determined and strong willed. They have good digestion. Their primary organs are the small intestine and stomach. They tend to be hot and oily. As Pitta is associated with the fire element, these people have a fiery quality. In situation of imbalanced, they develop skin problems like rashes, burning, inflammation. They are also prone to fever, ulcers, anger, jealousy, and copious urine. They should try to remain cool and avoid excess heat, steam or humidity. Excessively oily food or fried foods, caffeine, alcohol, red meat, hot spices, and salt is also harmful for them. Fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains are good for them. They should always try to get good amount of fresh air. Suppression of emotions is not good for such people. (from http://www.ayurveda-herbal-remedy.com/ayurvedic-diets/doshas-ayurveda-body-types.html)

I oil to hopefully strengthen hair and prevent split ends!

Valerie

Thank you for the explanation, it makes sense now. Hmm I do eat very hot food- I love chillies! (have an addiction to them). I eat lots of veggies. Need to eat more fruit and whole grain though. Supressing my emotions is so me, that is very true.:D

Dreamkitty
November 2nd, 2010, 10:03 AM
I oil my hair to keep it from getting fluffy, too. Otherwise, it's pretty healthy and I went for years with no oil (before I found LHC) and my hair was fine. I just like the way it looks with oil in it.

Glad I am not the only one, I use to go to school with oil in my hair. Once my friend say that my hair looks greasy but I have always thought my hair looked better with oil in it too. When my hair is fluffy it is just hard to manage, makes me frustated lol.

cmnt831
November 2nd, 2010, 10:24 AM
Glad I am not the only one, I use to go to school with oil in my hair. Once my friend say that my hair looks greasy but I have always thought my hair looked better with oil in it too. When my hair is fluffy it is just hard to manage, makes me frustated lol.

I know exactly what you mean. :D

little_cherry
November 2nd, 2010, 10:48 AM
I oil with oils that penetrate (for their benefits) and oils that don't (to avoid protein loss and for shine). Mostly I oil to protect my strands from the elements. I also just enjoy doing it! Does anyone else find oiling so much fun? It's so therapeutic to me.

I have no idea what Ayurvedic body type I am!

I'm oiling with an almond/safflower/sesame/canola/avocado/vit e blend right now to protect it from the coldness outside. It's a blend of penetrating and non penetrating oils.

greentealeaf
November 2nd, 2010, 11:00 AM
Definitely therapeutic! I use coconut oil to tame frizz and keep my hair shiny and protected. Plus, it smells good! :P

mira-chan
November 2nd, 2010, 11:59 AM
I use it to stop fluffyness too. I also used it make it more supple and malleable. I'm a vata, my hair is very dry without oiling.

starlights
November 2nd, 2010, 12:29 PM
I oil my hair as a form of pampering :) oil seems to help my head relax after a nice oil head massage. It strengthens my hair too :)

summergame
November 2nd, 2010, 12:35 PM
I'm enjoy oiling my hair to, i have the most of times oil in my hair, the day after i washed it i begin with oiling,first a little bit,the other day a bit more and then i leave it on half a week and then the routine starts again :D

jojo
November 7th, 2010, 06:12 PM
I use oil daily because I like how it strengthens my hair, prevents splits (not all!) and I actually like the way it controls frizz and smells like heaven! yup! im an addict!