PDA

View Full Version : Scalp wash without washing lenght method

Anadyomene
November 1st, 2010, 07:44 PM
I searched for a thread like this but couldn't find it if this already exists please excuse me.:o n
This is a method that I use to have the best of both worlds my length remains smooth and silky with natural oil and my scalp and the hair next to it get a nice wash to refresh them. I start by completely detangleing my hair. ( your hair will need to be long enough to tuck under a bra stap, unless you can get someone to hold it for you.)
Once my hair is tangle free I put in a scrunchie near the nape of my neck. Next I put a second Scrunchie near the bottom of my hair this has to be rather snug to hold your hair. I then tuck my hair into the back of my pants the second scrunchie acts as an anchor. I then lean over the tub and use the hand held showerhead to wet my head from the back of my neck to my forehead. Then I sampoo my scalp and the hair next to it and then rinse very well. Once my hair is well rinsed I wrap just the wet bit up in a towel and gently pat it dry. I then remove the scrunchies and gently detangle again although there are generally very few, to no tangles at this point. I then usually put up my hair and go. I can do this before work in only 10 mins. I love this method and I think that is why I generally don't get very many split ends. My lenght doesn't have to go through a whole wash every time my scalp needs one.
I hope this is helpful.
The best of both worlds.:)