PDA

View Full Version : Before and After Pics of Trim

JuneBride
November 1st, 2010, 06:42 PM
I got a trim today!

My last haircut was July 2010 and today I asked for a little trim, but I think it was more like a hair cut!

Here is the before and after picture:

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac142/trdegray/HaircutNovember12010-1-1-1.jpg

Please tell me I didn't lose as much hair as I think/feel I did :(

Also, please send me any tips and/or suggestions on how to keep it healthy and split-free...so I don't have to go get another trim in 3 months and I can wait 6! THANKS!!! :)

christine1989
November 1st, 2010, 06:45 PM
The length looks the same to me and the ends look very thick :). If you keep the ends up, oiled and tucked in then you should be able to trim less frequently.

Capybara
November 1st, 2010, 06:46 PM
It doesn't look like they took off too much - an inch at most, maybe less - and now you have a beautiful blunt hemline :) It looks great!

Your hair looks really healthy already, has a nice shine to it! I would keep doing what you're doing. Do you wear protective updos, or oil your hair? Don't worry too much about it - the main thing is that you enjoy your hair, not be controlled by it :)

cindy58
November 1st, 2010, 06:48 PM
Well, you lost a little bit of length but it doesn't look too drastic.

If I was intent on gaining length as quickly as possible, just be very gentle with your hair and don't trim often at all. Probably the longest I have gone between trims was 13 months, but anywhere from 6 - 9 months was also common.

marisa
November 1st, 2010, 06:48 PM
I don't think you lost much length at all.
And now it looks nice & even with a thicker hemline.
Looks great!
Makes me think I should go get a trim.:)

akuamoonmaui
November 1st, 2010, 06:51 PM
Even thought she took you back to the future, she did a nice job - your hem is very straight and it looks nice. Your hair also looks a lot more shiny than the previous shot.

Yep, oiled and protected, that's the way to go!

Dragon
November 2nd, 2010, 01:54 AM
I can't notice much of a difference.

Gypsygirl
November 2nd, 2010, 02:05 AM
I agree with everyone else, it doesn't look shorter, but your ends look really nice and blunt now and she gave you a beautiful u-shape. :)

Sammich
November 2nd, 2010, 02:26 AM
Agreed with everyone. Nice job on the stylist, looks much healthier, the ends look neatened up and the hemline is awesome. I've always loved the U shape hemline. :D

ericthegreat
November 2nd, 2010, 02:53 AM
I don't see a difference in length at all. :) If you hadn't told me that you had your hair cut, I would have never have known. Your stylist did a great job, he or she gave you a nice, clean hemline without taking off a noticeable amount of length.

Dyefree
November 2nd, 2010, 03:25 AM
I think it looks fantastic, no noticeable loss of length at all and the ends look beautifully thick!

DavidN
November 2nd, 2010, 04:04 AM
What an excellent job on your trim, it doesn't look as though you lost any length at all, and it looks thicker too!

bunzfan
November 2nd, 2010, 04:57 AM
I agree with the previous post you can hardly see any difference from the before and after. As for tips my last proper haircut was back in June to and because i oil my hair regularly and wear my hair up 98% of the time i have no splits so if i were you i would try wearing it up maybe in a French braid at your length:) your hair looks nice at thick at the ends now.

MaryLA
November 2nd, 2010, 05:53 AM
Nice trim. Ends looks thicker!

jju1007
November 2nd, 2010, 06:55 AM
It is an excellent trim! Nice hair by the way.

bumblebums
November 2nd, 2010, 06:58 AM
It looks like you lost maybe 1/2 an inch in length, or maybe 3/4 of an inch. That's the best you can hope for from a salon. Thank your stylist!

~bear
November 2nd, 2010, 07:01 AM
It looks great! I'm trying to avoid trims too for a good while. I oil them daily in hopes it will help keep them in good shape.

lw8666
November 2nd, 2010, 07:01 AM
I also agree with everyone. Your length doesn't look shorter, but the ends look cleaner and thicker. Beautiful hair!

LouLaLa
November 2nd, 2010, 07:09 AM
I cant see that its any shorter tbh. I think they did a great job of making it look thicker/healtheir without much of a trim. They did fab IMO

Love it!

RadiantNeedle
November 2nd, 2010, 07:21 AM
I had to lean in closer to see the difference! Your hair looks move even now, and I totally believe this counts as a Trim, not a Cut. Looking good!!

JuneBride
November 6th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Thank you all very much!!! :)

spidermom
November 6th, 2010, 02:45 PM
The biggest difference to my eye is that the ends are even at the bottom now. Your hair looks very pretty and pretty close to the same length as before.

smileycat
November 6th, 2010, 02:51 PM
I am with everyone else. Not much shorter, and your ends look great!

JuneBride
November 6th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Thank you, I am very happy with the progress I have made in the last year, after my bleach-fry experience (see my profile for the full story in pictures). But I feel like I also get a few inches of growth and then have to cut an inch off due to splits UGH....just frustrating and makes me feel I will never reach my goal!

Coan-Teen
November 6th, 2010, 04:44 PM
I think you're well on your way to your goal and that you should keep the stylist you have. Seems like she really tried to respect your length while still providing a nice shape and a healthy trim.

In terms of trying to grow and still cut off damage you could try talking to your stylist about dusting trims.

RubyEmpress
November 6th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Doesn't look like you hardly lost any length! Beautiful hemline. I'm jealous I'm trying to grow out my layers right now.

RubyEmpress
November 6th, 2010, 05:09 PM
What did you tell your hair stylist when you went to get a trim? Did you tell them the exact length you wanted taken off? Shape of the hemline? I need to prepare when I eventually get a trim.

Valdeon
November 6th, 2010, 05:18 PM
WHat an amazing blunt hemline you have there! :crush:
The difference in length is not that significant and is overshadowed by the stunning quality of your hair!! :cool:
I wish I could advice you something on how to keep the ends healthy. But I managed to do the same only partly :D : the canopy of my hair is letting down the rest of my hair :rant:

feralnature
November 6th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Your hair is very beautiful and I am not sure why you got it trimmed in the first place. I see no reason to get it trimmed in 3 months at all, even 6. Let that hair grow! Your hemline needs no help :)

sydneycgirl
November 6th, 2010, 05:53 PM
The length looks the same but your hair looks so healthy and shiny! I love it!

Sunny_side_up
November 6th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Your hair is very beautiful and I am not sure why you got it trimmed in the first place. I see no reason to get it trimmed in 3 months at all, even 6. Let that hair grow! Your hemline needs no help :)
Indeed! :)
Your hair looks wonderfully healthy, it looked good before the trim also, after was neater looking, but for length results give yourself some more months between trims, great you have a stylist who knows what a 'trim' is. I have mum do mine, will do my own once i get to a longer length, don't want an angled hemline like i did a few months ago:eek:

JuneBride
November 6th, 2010, 06:01 PM
What did you tell your hair stylist when you went to get a trim? Did you tell them the exact length you wanted taken off? Shape of the hemline? I need to prepare when I eventually get a trim.

I told her I was scared and I didn't want much taken off, but I needed it cleaned up because my ends were all split. I asked her to keep the same shape and so....She said she didn't have to take too much off the length but she had to take a little more off the layers and blend them - so that is what she did and it looks and feels like she took more than that off, but it is healthy and does have a good shape so I can't complain! I just want to keep it healthy so I don't have to trim it too often. I am hoping to get at least 6 months out of this trim. I think it will work because I tend to damage my hair less in the Fall/Winter because I don't go in the sun, pool, ocean etc.

Thanks for your comments :)

Wanderer09
November 6th, 2010, 06:13 PM
It looks like you've found a good stylist! I see no length difference, just a thick and even hemline. :)

enfys
November 6th, 2010, 06:16 PM
I see hardly and difference except your hem looks a more even shape. I'd certainly call it a trim not a cut.

MNoelH
November 6th, 2010, 06:27 PM
I didn't see a difference in length at all until I relooked. If you look just at the hair, it doesn't look like any length was taken off... but if you relook at the pics and look at the tops of the shoulders, you can see that there's about an inch missing.

I think the cut looks fabulous. Your hair is beautiful and the ends look much thicker and healthier in the "after" picture. They don't look bad at all in the "before" picture, but seeing the results makes for a really nice "after" effect.

tinti
November 6th, 2010, 07:29 PM
I second that. Your hair looks and looked healthy and nice, so you don't need to trim every 3rd month if you don't want to. You could start S&D'ing, keep your ends oled and tucked away, and you don't need to trim that much.

JuneBride
November 6th, 2010, 07:42 PM

I had A LOT of splits, and it was beyond something I could fix myself with self-dusting or s&d'ing.

JuneBride
November 6th, 2010, 07:44 PM
I second that. Your hair looks and looked healthy and nice, so you don't need to trim every 3rd month if you don't want to. You could start S&D'ing, keep your ends oled and tucked away, and you don't need to trim that much.

Now that I found LHC and changed my ways I am sure I will not be trimming as much at all. Since joining LHC I have stopped using shampoo and started CO'ing, and oiling.*

*My hair hates coconut oil :( I need an alternative!!!

TinaDenali
November 6th, 2010, 07:48 PM
I can hardly see a difference in the length at all! The ends look fantastic! :D

utdesertrunner
November 6th, 2010, 11:46 PM
At first I didn't notice a difference in length either. I just thought that it looked healthier and thicker.

katha
November 7th, 2010, 01:39 AM
This turned out great. You have a nice thick hemline but no noticeable loss in length. :)

thatjengirl1
December 25th, 2010, 06:25 AM
it looks good!
My advice about splits ends and trims and stuff, is not to cut it just because you have a few split ends. Getting a few split ends is a normal part of growing your hair. I would just do S&D and not trim for six months. you will get a lot of growth :) just how i feel. my hair has grown so much faster now that i've stopped trimming it every few months

JuneBride
December 25th, 2010, 09:37 AM
it looks good!
My advice about splits ends and trims and stuff, is not to cut it just because you have a few split ends. Getting a few split ends is a normal part of growing your hair. I would just do S&D and not trim for six months. you will get a lot of growth :) just how i feel. my hair has grown so much faster now that i've stopped trimming it every few months

Thank e advice!
Last trim was November 1, 2010, next planned trim is May 1, 2010. That is 6 months! The only reason I was doing it more often is because of heat and bleach damage that I was trying to rid myself of and to even things up. Now that it is even, and thicker, and healthier, I will go to every 6 months!

lesbia
December 25th, 2010, 12:01 PM
the lenght looks the same :) and your hemline seems so thick! congratulations!

lupiae
December 27th, 2010, 07:10 AM
JuneBride, the ahir looks great and the lenght are not really affected by the trim