PDA

View Full Version : Hair Compliment today :D

OrangeStripe
November 1st, 2010, 11:45 AM
I just wanted to share my lovely compliment! :cheese:
Today I was really stressed because I had an essay due in, and it wasn't finished because I had to work overtime all weekend. I was going to be late, so I ran all the way to uni to hand it in. I put my hair in an english braid, but as soon as I left home, I realised I'd forgotten to actually tie the ends! To make things worse, it's been POURING with rain all day. I got soaked :(
On my way back home (the essay was just on time) I stopped at the cornershop to buy some milk, and the shopkeeper just said "your hair is beautiful- even though it's wet, It's really beautiful."
This really made me feel so great, because he is an old indian man, and for someone like that to think I have beautiful hair, even when it is straggly and wet, is amazing.

embee
November 1st, 2010, 11:56 AM
Oooh, that would make me feel good too! :)

daaisychains
November 1st, 2010, 11:58 AM
Congratz on the hair compliment, people can be so lovely.
PS- you were in the exact same situation as myself.
Was working all weekend, had a uni essay due in today, and it's pouring down. X

OrangeStripe
November 1st, 2010, 12:10 PM
PS- you were in the exact same situation as myself.
Was working all weekend, had a uni essay due in today, and it's pouring down. X
thank you. I feel for you working and homework due do NOT mix. None of my flatmates have jobs and it irritates me so much.

sophiamarie
November 1st, 2010, 12:16 PM
How nice to receive a hair compliment. And well deserved I'm sure.

CaityBear
November 1st, 2010, 12:17 PM
I have a job and I'm going to college, but I don't work too much and my boss is very understanding about letting me have the day off if need be. I specifically wanted a job like this so I was quite lucky to find it.

Anyway! Sorry about the stress you've been through, but hair compliments always seem to make it better, don't they? :P

Alvrodul
November 1st, 2010, 12:42 PM
Congratulations on the hair comment! It must have felt particularly good to receive i since it was wet, and hair doesn't look good in that state (at least mine doesn't)

Dragon
November 2nd, 2010, 02:06 AM
Great compliment :)

Dyefree
November 2nd, 2010, 03:37 AM
Fantastic- well deserved too, I'm sure! :)