PDA

View Full Version : Sticky sebum?

JaneinMarch
November 1st, 2010, 10:54 AM
Possibly tmi - for the past two weeks I've been taking a good deal of chili pepper in water to help cleanse my body, and I've noticed that sebum production in (mostly) the crown of my head has increased dramatically. At first I thought our water was the culprit, but my hair was sticky even after using a shower filter. The problem is in that many of these spots, the strands are stuck together as if with glue. I've slowed down on the pepper, but I'd like to know if any of you have noticed something similar when you change your diet or are on any kind of cleanse or eat certain foods. TIA!

Pierre
November 1st, 2010, 01:03 PM
I haven't noticed that, but I have gotten sticky hairs and get them unstuck by massaging some jojoba into the sticky sebum.

Dreams_in_Pink
November 1st, 2010, 01:18 PM
When my hair's greasy (with sebum or any other oil) it sticks to my fingers. That goes away after clarifying.

Gem
November 1st, 2010, 04:20 PM
I'm on an NW/SO routine, and my hair (though lovely and soft when dry) gets sticky whenever it's exposed to water - like whenever I get rained on :rolleyes: And my scalp's sebum production is dramatically affected by how much sugar or oil is in my diet.
Whatever you use for cleansing your hair, stepping it up should fix it - like if you use shampoo, shampoo twice or use a little more, rinse with hotter water and for longer if you're WO, etc.

MandyBeth
November 1st, 2010, 04:25 PM
I have horribly evil sebum, thank you to the hell of PPD burning of my scalp.

JaneinMarch
November 2nd, 2010, 03:28 AM
Thank you all for responding!

@Pierre - I do use olive oil when I rinse/wash my hair in the hopes it will help break up the gluey tangles

@Gem - the water filter I have seems to be helping and I have noticed a difference when I use triphala (ayurvedic herb blend) every other day as opposed to every three or four days