PDA

View Full Version : Fine hair, air drying and volume question

Shany
November 1st, 2010, 08:37 AM
Hi,

I have fine hair and I usually let it air dry. While it's air drying I have lots of volume, but once it's completely dry, it becomes flat! I don't put any conditioner near my roots and I use Garnier triple nutrition conditioner, Tresemme naturals moisturizing shampoo or Biolage conditioning balm. Most of the time, the conditioner stays in my hair during 2-3 mins. I have sebborheic dermatitis and I use a special shampoo 2 times a week. I wash my hair a third time with a sulfate free and moisturizing shampoo (LiveClean). Also, my hair is bleached and dyed, except 4 inches of new growth.

I don't know what I am doing wrong. Do you know how I could keep my volume?

Thank you

aenflex
November 1st, 2010, 08:42 AM
Changing to a volumzing shampoo and conditioner, if volume is what you really want, is an option. Using less conditioner and maybe less cones might help too. I have fine, very fluffy hair, and I am the opposite of you :) I don't want volume and therefore do everything in my power to be rid of it. When I used to wear my hair curly, I washed it every day and used tons of junk from the store or salon to get volume, so that's my only tip...

Babyfine
November 1st, 2010, 08:54 AM
I use little claw clips over my root area to give it some body while it's air drying.
some mornings I don't have time for this and have to use a diffuser.
I learned about this in the Curly Girl book by Lorraine Massey. I could never do it the way she describes, so I just do my own version, take a little jaw clip or claw clips and push up sections of my hair and clip them.
The site Naturallycurly.com also has instructions. It's hard to explain here without pictures or a diagram.
My hair is just like yours, looks great when it's wet, but looks flat when dry-if I don't do something to volumize the root section.

Shany
November 1st, 2010, 08:58 AM
Thanks. I used to have volume when my hair was healthier (no bleach) and wavier. I don't use cones... I think I have to try the claw clips technique.