PDA

View Full Version : Who loves Giovanni

Dragon
November 1st, 2010, 03:30 AM
Has any one tryed Giovanni? Do you like it? Which one do you use? How does it make your hair feel?

monkeyprincess
November 1st, 2010, 07:23 AM
I love Giovanni. I use Smooth as Silk Conditioner and the Direct Leave-In. They make my hair very soft and extraordinarily easy to detangle. I've tried 50-50 conditioner and it just isn't heavy enough for my hair. My DH loves the Tea Tree Shampoo, I find it a bit stripping for my hair though it feels awesome on my scalp :)

pepperminttea
November 1st, 2010, 07:36 AM
I used to use their Golden Wheat shampoo and Smooth as Silk conditioner. I had to switch, it just got too expensive, but after they changed their formula it didn't work as well for me either.

MAO
November 1st, 2010, 07:50 AM
I do! 50:50 conditioner is good for CO'ing, and Smooth As Silk Conditioner is good for extra moisture. Since my hair is so fine, it gets weighed down easily so sometimes I use a tiny bit of these conditioners as a leave-in for frizz control since my hair doesn't like straight oils. They go on sale sometimes at Safeway too.

Niwa
November 1st, 2010, 08:07 AM
Sometimes, I use the Smooth as Silk Conditioner, although, now that I have discovered Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose, Giovanni SAS is probably on its way out for good. I used to use the Direct Leave-in, but it caused tangles and hardness. I have to figure out how to use up the Direct Leave-in, because I still have two liter-sized bottles left.

aenflex
November 1st, 2010, 08:32 AM
I have used the 50/50 Balancing shampoo and conditioner. Shampoo I didn't care for, left my hair lankly and built up like most non-SLS poos to to me. The conditioner was ok, still have some of it left in my shower, I used it for SMT's. If your hair doesn't like cones or SLS, these might be much better for you than they were for me.

jju1007
November 1st, 2010, 08:42 AM
i love the Giovanni direct leave-in. It reduces the frizz on my hair. I have used also the smooth as silk conditioner. I also like it but haven't bought it again since I'm trying other brands right now.

queenofhair
November 1st, 2010, 09:02 AM
I love their magnetic conditioner. I haven't been able to order any lately but I need to. It makes my hair feel like a silky sheet. I always use about an 8 on their strength chart.I also really like the direct leave in conditioner and styling spray. In fact, the whole line of products is awesome!

paperwhite
November 1st, 2010, 09:13 AM
I love they're Smooth as Silk conditioner and the deep treatment (can't remember the name, comes in an upright tube). My hair always feels so nice after using those conditioners!

Deborah
November 1st, 2010, 10:11 AM
I don't like it. It leaves my hair dry.

FullMoonTrim
November 1st, 2010, 10:12 AM
Has any one tryed Giovanni? Do you like it? Which one do you use? How does it make your hair feel?
I have two friends with amazing hair that love the Giovanni Magnetic shampoo and conditioner. They have been using it for years. I like it too by the way. But I have just used the shampoo.

greentealeaf
November 1st, 2010, 01:04 PM
I use the Tea Tree Triple Treat fairly often (other times I use shampoo bars) and love it. It feels so nice and tingly on your scalp! I also have the Hair Reconstructor, which came free with a purchase. I haven't used it too much, but it seems great once in a while for deep moisturizing.

Carriegirl
November 1st, 2010, 01:12 PM
I use the VitraPro leave-in conditioner and like it a lot. I wonder how it compares to the Direct leave-in since so many of you like that. Can anyone give a comparison?

ShadowSwallow
November 1st, 2010, 03:45 PM
It's like a less liquid-y version of the 50:50 conditioner. I love Giovanni. However, since the 50:50 shampoo formula was reformulated it seems to make my hair fall out. :( Right now I'm using the Smooth as Silk shampoo with the 50:50 conditioner and it's working out great.

The only protein treatment I use is the Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor. I'll put it on in the shower after I shampoo, rinse it out, then apply my regular conditioner. I need to use protein regularly or my hair gets over-moisturized and mushy.

marimara
November 1st, 2010, 07:59 PM
I used the 50:50 conditioner with a no sls shampoo for months thinking I was doing my hair a favor and after a long time I realized I had horrible buildup. I'm guessing it was the no sulfate shampoo that caused that though. Now I know that my hair likes a little protein though so I don't use it that often. It does make your hair soft and shiny, but you must clarify once in a while when using it.

meowmeow
November 1st, 2010, 09:03 PM
I love the 50:50 conditioner. :) The only thing I don't like about Giovanni is that the litre sizes are so mysterious to find. I don't know any retailers that sell them other than discount stores like Winners.

sandrak
November 2nd, 2010, 02:19 AM
I love the Smooth as Silk conditioner. It detangles and makes my hair soft and moisturized.

jackie75
November 2nd, 2010, 06:03 AM
I love the smooth as silk shampoo & condish. I have tried the tea tree one, but it stripped my hair.

So far, it's the only natural-type brand that doesn't dry my hair out. Now if only they would redesign their ridiculous bottles!!

mira-chan
November 2nd, 2010, 06:36 AM
I tried it, the shampoo. Unfortunately I found out with this one that I can't even use derivatives of sulfates (Sulfonates, etc) as they make my scalp itch. :( Otherwise it was a good shampoo.

greentealeaf
November 3rd, 2010, 08:57 PM
I love the smooth as silk shampoo & condish. I have tried the tea tree one, but it stripped my hair.

So far, it's the only natural-type brand that doesn't dry my hair out. Now if only they would redesign their ridiculous bottles!!

Agreed! The bottles really don't need to be shaped like they are. It makes it hard to use up the last of the container!

Elenna
November 3rd, 2010, 09:43 PM
I'm using Giovanni SAS and like it. It is like a cream rinse in getting the tangles out and hair is more cooperative too.

ShadowSwallow
November 4th, 2010, 12:58 PM
I take off the tops of the bottles to get the last of the product.

allfeya
November 7th, 2010, 01:56 AM
I use Frizz be gone and it works good for me.

Felix_D
November 7th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Hilarious.

http://imgur.com/Qj3iT.jpg

I buy these bottles at Winners or Homesense (Canadian discount stores) whenever I see them for $15 each. TTT lasts a few months, 50:50 will last a year.

The 50:50 smells weird and is very rich. I use it on ends only. I CO wash with the TTT.

greentealeaf
November 7th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Wow, I've never seen the big bottles like that! I'm noticing that I'm going through my TTTT shampoo very quickly, so I'll be keeping my eyes out for that.

curlycrocheter
November 7th, 2010, 09:01 AM
I love Giovanni Smooth as Silk! I use it as a leave-in/moisturizer and I use it in my DC mixture. It leaves my hair soft as.....well, silk! I recently found a website that sells them in liter and gallon sizes. So I'm excited to save myself some money and finally be able to use all of the product!

Kristin
November 7th, 2010, 02:38 PM
I love Smooth as Silk conditioner. I also like TTTT conditioner; the scent is awesome. Since there are so many good reports, I may need to try the Direct Leave-In.

Copasetic
November 7th, 2010, 07:44 PM
I have been using the direct leave in conditioner pretty much since I joined the LHC. I love it! It is probably the thickest cone-free leave in I have ever tried. I hardly need any to make my hair really easy to comb through.