PDA

View Full Version : Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose Condish= tacky hair??

faeflame
October 31st, 2010, 09:26 PM
I loove the smell of Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner and the slip it gives for detangling my wet hair, but lately it has been leaving my dry hair feeling tacky. Anyone know what is going on? I thought it might be buildup so I washed 2X ( lather rinse repeat) with Aubrey's Clarifying Shampoo for two days in a row and it still seems sticky on the ends when my hair is dry. I'm stumped....

sweet*things
November 3rd, 2010, 09:32 AM
I don't have a solution, but I have noticed similar issues when I use it on my hair, and on my daughter's. As a result I don't use it very often, only when I'm taking a break from another product.

aenflex
November 3rd, 2010, 09:39 AM
Yeah I went thru a few bottles of it, and it didn't do the best for my hair either, though the smell is wonderful. I would consider trying it again, maybe as part of my leave in stuff, simply for the smell. I but reall my hair being too velcro-ish or tacky like what you are feeling.

faeflame
November 4th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Looks like I'm going to have to find another conditioner. Sigh...
Any ideas for a natural conditioner, preferably an organic one that won't build up and smells like flowers (or no scent)? I'm not much for the fruity or strong fake scents. I just need something to give a little slip for combing out after washing and that doesn't weigh down my hair or make it sticky, tangly, velcroish.

ratgirldjh
November 4th, 2010, 05:04 PM
I've used this conditioner for CO washing quite often and when I use it several times in a row (i wash weekly or sometimes 2x a week) I would notice that my ends would start getting knots in them. I NEVER have knots in my hair!!!

I thought it must be build up and decided to use my favorite clarifying treatment: bentonite and sea salt - 3 T bentonite and 1 T sea salt - and make a mud and smush it though hair and leave for 20 minutes.

After this treatment I used the conditioner again and it worked perfect!!!

So if I CO with this I now know that I need to do this clay treatment every 3 or 4 times... about once a month.

Oh and my hair actually loves the clay and sea salt! Who would have known? Actually someone posted about this treatment a while back and it coincided with a time when I was having this exact problem and it solved it for me.

Sea salt helps dissolve protein build up from hair too. Even though Honeysuckle Rose 'supposedly' doesn't have protein - it has wheat germ oil and I think this builds up on my hair... this really works for me. But if I don't use conditioner (or a very conditioning super fatted poo bar) on my hair after this - it is shiny and nice but VERY staticky for a few days... LOL

Oh and I also found that when my hair just stops liking everything and gets dry and frizzy and has a little build up that usually means it is time for me to henna again!!! The henna takes any build up off and returns my hair to normal.

indigonight
November 4th, 2010, 05:29 PM
I agree!
I love this conditioner but every few months I need to clarify I do this by mixing my shampoo with a handful of baking soda, shampoo the whole of my head and hair and then shampoo again, condition with a different conditioner, vinegar rinse and voila!

melikai
November 5th, 2010, 12:46 PM
It may also be the time of year. As humidity levels change, it could be making the humectants in the conditioner effect your hair badly.

autumn_aqua
November 13th, 2010, 07:39 AM
I've never had good luck with this conditioner, which is sad because so many people here rave about it, and I wanted to like it too and I do like the scent.

For me, it leaves my hair feeling coated and very frizzy. I've gone through a couple of bottles at different times, and this has happened consistently. I get that same coated feeling with their other conditioners I've used (Island Naturals?) and GPB, but the Honeysuckle Rose gave me the worst frizz. It does rain a lot where I live, so humidity could be part of the reason why.

chelles2kids
November 15th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Same problem as yourself. I bought a small bottle off of the swap boards a year or so ago and I used it once...that's all it took for me.

I don't know what's in it that causes my hair to feel sticky/tacky/gluey/gross~lol...but whatever it is I don't want it near my hair again.:(

faeflame
November 17th, 2010, 11:06 PM
It really is too bad about this conditioner. It's hard enough to find one with all natural ingredients, let alone one that smells this good. I'm slowly testing out new ones but nothing really worth buying again at this stage...................