PDA

View Full Version : College Softball on ESPN now - the hair!

icydove
May 29th, 2008, 11:52 AM
There was a pitcher (from Florida) up a few minutes ago who had a ponytail to about her waist. She has her bangs (which may not actually be bangs) braided back to the ponytail, but the braid doesn't start until nearly her crown. The ponytail kept blowing forward in her way so she is fighting with it a little bit. Most of the girls have their hair back in ponytails with those "cheerleader" bows, and a lot of the hair looks like it would hit at least BSL.

I'm thinking braids would be a lot more practical, but they probably want to look good for the cameras :lol:

Anyway, I thought I'd share if anyone else wanted to check it out ;)

DaveDecker
May 29th, 2008, 06:17 PM
There was a picture of several of the Florida players in today's local newspaper. (Digs it up from the recycle stack.) One with a waist-length blonde ponytail, another with a brown BSL ponytail. Two with their backs turned (so no idea the length of their hair).

Over the past several years, I've noticed while channel surfing the long ponytails of the college softball players. It seems to be a popular look. :)

MusingFrog
May 29th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I think BSL - waist hair is very popular with athletic girls. Its rare I've seen a girl with less than shoulder length hair who was also athletic (at least at my university).

smythe_michael
June 2nd, 2008, 02:47 PM
I definitely took notice. I've also noticed over the years that the hairstyles sometimes
seem to go with a particular team. For instance, one team might tend to have shorter hair, another team might all have bsl ponytails. I remember watching one team where they all had french braids.

The female athlete who's hair I liked the most this season was a Pitcher for Georgia, Hamilton. (too bad they lost early!). She had perfect black waist length double french braids. The motion of her throwing the softball around 65MPH and her hair was quite fascinating.