PDA

View Full Version : Rank your hair-obsessions

Igor
October 31st, 2010, 07:14 PM
Okay, spill it everyone :gabigrin: What do you obsess over the most?

For me it will be:

The area on my left temple area where the hairs grow much finer, thinner and sparser. I get irritating breakouts there too and have two tiny bald spots that I cant figure out if I have scratched or not :scared:
Splits! It feels like I can snip some every single day
Regrowth after a big shed about 1½ year ago. The regrowth is now to about chin length and super annoying! I’ll be stuck in headbands until it has grown out more
Fading. The ends are definitely paler and more red where my roots are more brunette
Taper. It bugs me when people who have less hair than me to begin with has less taper than me :oops:

luxepiggy
October 31st, 2010, 07:37 PM
Shine - is it as shiny as it used to be, and how can I make it shinier? I can't see my reflection in it yet! We need more shine! (^(oo)^)v
Flyaways - why do I have flyaways when my hair is stick straight? Shouldn't all the hairs be going in the same direction, namely, down??
Static - It's bad enough when my hair sticks to my clothes. But sometimes it sticks to other people's clothes too!

pepperminttea
October 31st, 2010, 07:47 PM
Ooh, what to choose... :lol:

1. Tangles. It's gotten to the point where I'm a little afraid of wearing my hair down because I know I'll have to detangle it afterwards, and it will take me a good 20-30 minutes after being loose.

2. Scalp flakes. I have psoriasis on my scalp, worst around my hairline at my temples, and my nape. Inevitably, I scratch, and flakes appear. Hair-wise, they're the thing I get most self-conscious about. (At school, amongst the other jibes at me, there would often be one about needing a certain anti-dandruff shampoo.)

3. "Is it long yet?" Yes, no, sometimes, a little bit, not yet... it goes on. :p The funny thing is, on other people I think of anything past BSL as long on women, and SL and beyond on men. On me it's an entirely different ballgame. :rolleyes:

4. Splits, especially on old nearly-grown-out layers. Each time I trim, it's to the point of the layer above, so although the longer layer gets a good trim, the one I've trimmed to doesn't, entirely. So just after a trim, it can feel like there's just too many splits to S&D, and they must be all through the hair, and it's all terrible from the shoulders down, and... :o (I mostly ignore my inner monologue. I'm happier that way.)

Aleria
October 31st, 2010, 07:54 PM
1. Breakage. My hair is growing - 4 inches since May, juding from my roots. but it isn't any longer.
2. Colour. I dye my hair black, and in some lights it looks very reddish, which drives me nuts.
3. Crunchy ends. I don't get splits but I do get very icky feeling ends from time to time. However now I know that just means it's time to clarify!
4. Hairstyles! I know I should be doing protective things but they always seem to fail and I just revert to wearing it down.

Angeletti
October 31st, 2010, 07:56 PM
Here are a few things that are always on my mind when it comes to my hair...

1- My taper... I can't wait to turn it into a nice blunt hemline even though it will probably take forever and until then I get embarrassed wearing my hair down at times.
2- I worry when my hair is down or in a braid that from rubbing against my clothes constantly that I'm causing damage.
3- Shedding. I always feel like my hair is going to get thinner because I don't have a ton to begin with and shedding doesn't help.
4- My hair color, I'm always afraid it's going to fade and have stopped doing certain things that are good for my hair because of it (oils, etc.)

PurpleAshes
October 31st, 2010, 08:02 PM
1. Shrinkage - My goood! If it's waist length when stretched, why the heck is it still shoulder length when dry?!?! Why does it get even curlier with growth??
2. Hemline - Used to be pointy, now thanks to my 3a front (the rest is 3b/3c) I have an inverted V hemline, because the front doesn't shrink as much :( I cut it about a month ago to get a straight hemline, but it became an inverted V again!

Qwackie
October 31st, 2010, 08:04 PM
Splits, waves, dandruff, and shed hairs on my clothes. That's it, though.

Neoma
October 31st, 2010, 08:08 PM
Oooo, this is an interesting thread:
The thinning spot at my crown. I spend a great deal of time obsessing about this.
The weird baby-hair halo at my crown that I have been living with for the last several years. The rest of my hair is relatively smooth and sleek (at least when I use conditioner), but the crown looks really unattractive unless I tame it with "product."
My sideburns. Left unchecked, my sideburns grow to about three inches and no longer. So, if I tuck them behind my ear, they inevitably become untucked. I solved that problem by plucking the little buggers out.
The hairs at my nape that never get long enough to be secured in an updo. The other day I went crazy with a pair of tweezers and a mirror held so I could see the back of my head. I plucked all the offending hairs. I will never do that again; it was extremely time consuming. Now I'm going to have to deal with stubbly hair coming in. *sigh...*
The occasional gray.
The fact that I no longer feel comfortable wearing my hair down. If I take it down after it has been bunned, my hair looks fabulous for about an hour. By which time it will have separated into weird little clumps instead of laying in a silky sheet like a Pantene ad. It used to look like a Pantene ad. :(

LisaMonster
October 31st, 2010, 08:08 PM
Shedding and my awkward length partially grown out bangs

FullMoonTrim
October 31st, 2010, 08:09 PM
Split ends and wanting to trim all of them!
Tangles drive me nuts! Especially underneath.
What color is my hair - really?
Do I need highlights to look pretty.
I think about things like that...

christine1989
October 31st, 2010, 08:11 PM
I totally obsess about the color difference between the ends and the hair near my scalp. I HATE it! I want to trim it every time I put them up next to eachother. I also want the ends to be thicker. They are getting there (slowly) but I want them to hurry up and thicken! ;)

PurpleAshes
October 31st, 2010, 08:21 PM
The hairs at my nape that never get long enough to be secured in an updo. The other day I went crazy with a pair of tweezers and a mirror held so I could see the back of my head. I plucked all the offending hairs. I will never do that again; it was extremely time consuming. Now I'm going to have to deal with stubbly hair coming in. *sigh...*

I think nape hairs that aren't long enough to secure are terribly pretty :o

xoxophelia
October 31st, 2010, 08:29 PM
I think obsession is perhaps too strong of a word for me right now mainly because I realize my problems will take so long to grow out that I gave up caring XD

However:
1) growing out the old damage which is all but maybe 6" of my hair.
2) evening out my hemline for old layers/illness
3)kind of to go with 1, but the difference in shine and then color of the virgin and old hair
4) length!

Neoma
October 31st, 2010, 08:45 PM
I think nape hairs that aren't long enough to secure are terribly pretty :oThank you for that thought, PurpleAshes. :flower: I will try to remember that when they grow back.

rags
October 31st, 2010, 08:53 PM
Well I used to obsess about the thinness and the weird cowlick and hair cleavage. Now my hair doesn't look thin and the cowlick doesn't show up. So now I obsess about :

1. length
2. length
3. length

<do you think it's grown in the week since I cut it??> :p

darkwaves
October 31st, 2010, 08:55 PM
I would be totally prepared to forgive and forget my:

frizz and
knots

if I could magically get rid of the weird zig-zag, lightning-scar-like double or triple crown that runs from the top of my head to somewhere significantly lower on the right side!!!

Every time I wear my hair loose, I have to clip that section with one or two bobby pins, or give in and wear a barrette holding back the top section of my hair together!

After every wash, I try to cross-over sections so that they will dry entangled and enamored and the huge slice in the back of my hear will no longer be visible. Fail.

I comb when wet to break that growth line. Fail.

I twist sections when wet to confuse that growth line. Fail.

A weird natural part or crown is not uncommon, I know, but why is mine on the back of my head???

This is my obsession.

katha
October 31st, 2010, 11:13 PM
1. Should I cut that old damage (to about shoulder lenghts, shudder) or leave it be and cut as I go?
2. Has it grown since I last looked in a mirror? It has, hasn't it? :D
3. I'd love for my hair to be more curly but I can't stand the thought of not brushing it. I try time and time again and I always end up brushing it and then I look like a poodle. Not an attractive look for me. :D So I'd love to stop obsessing about wave/curl/straight. It's inbetween, so what..

Druid of Alba
November 1st, 2010, 12:06 AM
Since my hair is short:
1. Length! I want my hair long!

I'm pretty happy with my texture and thickness, but I have dark brown hair and think I look better with it a tad lighter, more of a medium brown so:
2. Colour! I can lighten it nicely with just lemon and cinnamon, though, which also adds very subtle red tones.

3. Staying back. I style my hair so that I push it all back, and let it fall naturally to whatever side it wants, and I push it back ever few minutes so the location of the partline is always changing. I just wish it would wave back from my face a bit more, and stay back a bit better, instead of falling down. I can use an iron to wave it back, though.

Madora
November 1st, 2010, 12:12 AM
Loss of my thick hair (via illness/age). I wish at times I still had the very thick hair in my avatar but such is not the case now. I've seen so many wonderful braided hairstyles I would like to try...but just don't have enough hair to pull it off!

Loreley
November 1st, 2010, 01:23 AM
1. Thickness of the ends
2. Splits- old dye demage. Blah.
3. Shine- it's usually shiny but it could be shinier. There is no such thing as enough shine! :D
4. Colour- I want my natural colour! :wail:
5. Length

Neneka
November 1st, 2010, 01:25 AM
1. Reaching BSL. How can my BSL be 24 inches? Is my torso that short or what! Can I count it as BSL or not?

2. Combing. Oh... Hair snapping... snapping...

3. Oiling. Maybe I used too little... A bit more... And then it's too oily and I can't wear it down but I don't care.

4. Oh, why! Why did I have to bleach it back then! And why is it dyed?

5. Hairtoys... I need more.

6. I need to stop obsessing! I need to stop!

Igor
November 1st, 2010, 02:09 AM
6. I need to stop obsessing! I need to stop!

:gabigrin: That was funny

Yozhik
November 1st, 2010, 03:13 AM
1) Split ends . . . why are there so many?! Why do they like to taunt me when I'm out of reach of my scissors?? :justy:

2) Is my hair pretty? Is it looking good today? Is it gaining thickness? Is it getting longer?

3) How does this updo look from the back (a question DBF hears multiple times a day, since we have no second portable mirror)? Can you take a photo of the back of my head so I can see? Does it really look like that? How could you say that looked "really good"?

rosek
November 1st, 2010, 04:01 AM
1. Rolling all of my shed hair into a little ball, so I/my roommate dosen't have to vaccum it up later.

2. Checking for conditioner specials. Buying the conditioner when it's on sale.

3. My conditioner collection. That is the result of buying conditioner on sale.

Neneka
November 1st, 2010, 04:54 AM
:gabigrin: That was funny

It's starting to get very serious...

CrisDee
November 1st, 2010, 05:54 AM
I also have that thin-sparse spot on my temple, only mine's on my right side. And the greys are particularly troublesome there as well.

But the thing I obsess most about is the length, or lack thereof. Nearly every day, I try again to put it in a ponytail without clips, or a fork or a stick. Fail. Try again tomorrow. Fail. UGH, this growing out process takes friggin FOREVER!!! :( :(

halo_tightens
November 1st, 2010, 06:09 AM
1. Length. Enough said.
2. Splits. They're getting more numerous as my pre-LHC ends age.
3. Color. I keep waffling between liking the color and thinking it's too dark.

Nae
November 1st, 2010, 06:14 AM
Hair Obsessions!

1. I have an awesome streak of white, untill it ends, where the old dye line starts. So I don't like to wear my hair down cuz the ends of my streak end in such an anti-climatic way. Will people notice. Probably not. Do I obsess any way? Oh yeah.:justy:

2. My braid. I can't wear it yet. I still have some layers that always work their way out and then I look like a crazy person. The braid tassle is slowly getting thicker but I obsess about how wimpy it looks. Problem is the layers. I KNOW it is the layers, it has to be the layers.....right? *sigh*

3. My ends, they aren't bad but they aren't absolutely beautiful. I like to wear it up (hairtoys make me happy) and it dries up so when I take it down it looks weird at this length. I figure it will be better once I gain some length but at the moment my bun wave ends up just turning up and hitting the back of my head instead of laying wavy or somewhat flat. Erg. So I try not to look at it. Don't look at it!!!!!!!:mad:

Night_Kitten
November 1st, 2010, 06:26 AM
For me it would be:

1. length (why does hair grow so slowly?)
2. taper
3. shedding (also related to taper)

Strangely the difference in colors between the roots and the ends doesn't bother me (even though there's old faded red dye on the length below waist and henna below BSL)

jel
November 1st, 2010, 06:47 AM
1. Colour

1a. Is it red enough?
1b. Should I just use henna or add temporary dye?
1c. Is this henna too orange?
1d. Is this dye too pink?
1e. Should I stop colouring in any way and let my virgin hair grow?
1f. Why is my virgin colour so blah?
1g. Back to 1a

2. Length

2a. Is it long enough?
2b. Is it too long?

Octave
November 1st, 2010, 06:57 AM
1. Length. Grow hair groooow, faster faster!

2. These tiny flakes I get from time to time in the front. Probably due to the shampoo/conditioners I use. Just haven't been able to figure out what ingredients my hair doesn't/do like. + when I used a SLS free shampoo and no cone conditioner my hair got super static but looked awesome. So my choice is to have super static hair, flakes or products with SLS and cones which makes my hair boring.

3. Annoyed over that my hair is impossible to put up in buns which most people at my length already can do.
:rant:

luxepiggy
November 1st, 2010, 07:47 AM
I self trim, but every time I do it I have the same issue: Is my hemline even? Did I miss any strands? Does the right side seem a little long? *snip* Uh oh - now the left side looks longer . . . should I cut a bit more? If I keep going like this I'm going to end up cutting it all off aren't I? Help! SOS!

Pigtastrophe . . . (*(oo)*)

MAO
November 1st, 2010, 08:05 AM
My hairline- the only truly curly spot on my head. The rest of my hair is wavy. So more often than not I attack it with the straightening iron, at least until it is long enough to not stick out wildly!

Dandruff!:mad: Never goes away no matter what I do!

Why does my body hair seem to grow faster than the hair on my head?!!

kittensoupnrice
November 1st, 2010, 08:13 AM
:(

1. Scalp flakes
2. That weird little bald patch on the back right side of my head. I think it's a hair whorl, but with certain styles it looks bald!
3. I'm still angsting about whether or not the last inch or two of hair might have SOME chemical damage on it from that session of hair dying I did back in college... but I don't want to lose length!
4. The dreaded baby-shed that I'm going to be hitting after DD is born...

Sundial
November 1st, 2010, 08:26 AM
1. If I should even put my hair up since it seems to be causing more damage. I get really bad kinks in my hair after I take my hair out from buns, and sometimes it gets to the point where I need to S&D them, and

2. Length

schweedie
November 1st, 2010, 08:33 AM
Ooh, interesting.

1. Colour - "Am I losing my blonde? Am I still blonde? It's so much darker than it used to be!"
2. Frizz/new growth - weird, frizzy, darks strands of hair that are extra visible when the hair is newly washed.
3. Splits - they're always there.
4. Hair cleavage at the back of my head. In theory I know it's just the way my hair grows, but I keep thinking it's the beginning of a bald spot.

Skylight
November 1st, 2010, 08:44 AM
the thinning area at the temples (I'm only 27, I'm not ready for hair loss!!!)
how easily my curls lose their spring
frizz
lack of shine

queenofhair
November 1st, 2010, 08:59 AM
Oiliness is big problem no. 1
Um, split ends are pretty bad. Occasionally the ends of my hair will start to look bad and I will do a little snip(never more than an inch tho).

HintOfMint
November 1st, 2010, 10:28 AM
1. Whether my new growth is coming in as "head pubes." It seems like my shorter, new growth hairs are rougher and if this keeps up, by the time I'm 40, my hair isn't going to have the same texture as it has now, but it won't be curly or wavy, just... frizzy.
2. Whether my hair will stop growing at waist like my mother's did.
3. Fighting the temptation to flat iron. I had a taste of perfectly straight hair and now I want that again and again and again.
4. Getting upset that my hair isn't perfect. I used to be alright when it wasn't perfectly behaved, but I've been getting more impatient lately.
5. Whether or not I'll regret never having gotten a pixie cut. I really do not like pixies on older women, but I think they're adorable on younger women. I love my long hair now, but by the time I feel ready for a pixie, I'll probably feel too old for one.
6. The ends of my hair getting lighter and looking damaged when they aren't at all.
7. Balancing wearing my hair down as often as I would like with protecting it by wearing it up.

Wow... neurotic doesn't even begin to scratch the surface...

longblondetan
November 1st, 2010, 10:34 AM
1. Dryness- It seems my hair is dry every other day, but with no breakage or splits, mysterious.
2. Growth- It just doesn't grow fast enough, it just doesn't.
3. Re-Growth- When do I need to make my next appointment?
4. DH- Does he like it?

eicamawa
November 1st, 2010, 10:37 AM
Flyaways- they anoy me to death, but it seems like they are growing down more, and hopefully they will grow out completely.
Split ends - They are not big, and not many, but if I find one, I'm goin bananas with the scissors, and looking all over for more split ends to cut out (I only cut the split off).

TrudieCat
November 1st, 2010, 10:58 AM
Shine, or lack thereof. :(

FRIZZ!! Make it stop!! :rolleyes:

Do I want to stay a tawny dishwater blondie or become a hennaed redhead? :undecided WHY can't I decide??

Layers: Please - Grow, grow, grow, grow grow GROW GROW already and let me be done with you!!! Thx. :pray:

mellie89
November 1st, 2010, 11:11 AM
Shedding - Even though I know it's normal, it still freaks me out. I hate finding shed hair everywhere.

My uneven layers - I love layers, but mine are pretty awful right now. It bugs me that my shortest layer is probably a good 8 inches shorter than the longest, and that even once I reach my goal, I'll have to trim fairly aggressively to make the layers more subtle.

The front bits, which grow extremely slowly, and thin spots at both temples - These are due to stress for me, I believe. Bugs me to no end.

schweedie
November 1st, 2010, 12:34 PM
1. Whether my new growth is coming in as "head pubes." It seems like my shorter, new growth hairs are rougher and if this keeps up, by the time I'm 40, my hair isn't going to have the same texture as it has now, but it won't be curly or wavy, just... frizzy.
Dude, that's exactly what I meant with my no. 2! Glad to hear I'm not the only one obsessing about this.

linnepinne
November 1st, 2010, 01:00 PM
1. Thickness! Even though my hair is ii, and definitly within the normal range, i'm doomed to always feel like my hair is super thin :(
2. Dry and crunchy ends. I'm always oiling and trying to baby them as much as i can without OVER-babying them. I feel really nervous when my ends tangle and feel velcro-y!
3. My hair on the left side of my head is much thinner than on the right side. I always have to watch out for "scalp cleavage".
4. Brakeage.
5. What to do about my bangs. Grow them out (to gain thickness)? Keep them sideswept (not sure if it's that flattering in me)? Blunt (looks flattering, but requires regular trims and quite a bit of my hair to not look thin and stringy)? I just dunno...

Konstifik
November 1st, 2010, 01:27 PM
1. Sloooow-motion growth! Been growing for 10 years with only trims, still haven't passed BSL.

2. The ends are always poking out at different directions, even if there are no split ends. So annoying! I never get a nice, even, neat line by the ends.

3. My natural hair colour sucks, bigtime. :( I henna it away!

anthonyswife
November 1st, 2010, 02:51 PM
1) My bangs. I'm trying to grow them out, and they're shoulder length now, but they won't stay back in anything, and I hate the look of pinning them back. =/

2) My taper. I've always had layers, and now I need to get rid of them. but I would rather have length than a blunt hemline, so I'm waiting till I get to classic (not long now! :D ) before I do another big trim ("big" being only 2 inches anyway, lol).

3) The fact that my hair doesn't react the same way to the same thing all the time. It makes it really frustrating trying to figure out what it wants. An SMT? Lots of conditioner left in? A deep oiling? What?

lpsqt60
November 1st, 2010, 02:56 PM
1. Why do I always have to feel as though my hair is super thin? I mean I know I have an average thickness but I still feel this way.
2. I have so many baby hairs all over my head and I don't know why, I mean I can't leave the house without gelling them down.
3. There are areas on my scalp that seem to not grow hair, which really freaks me out.

MandyBeth
November 1st, 2010, 03:36 PM
1 - SPLIT ENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got tons of them, hard to see them between my crappy vision and fine mid tone hair, and got a lot because of the prior to LHC major damage.

2 - Growing out henna - gak. I should just whack it off into a pixie to fix 1 and 2.

3 - Growing it enough to stay back. Which negates the cut, because if I can't keep it back, it will only get damaged.

JessTheMess
November 1st, 2010, 03:46 PM
1) length - Am I long yet????
2) the fine, super short, thinning hairs framing my face - WHY WON'T YOU GET THICKER AND GROW!!!
3)splits - no matter how many I cut off, it seems two more show up in its place
4)hemline thickness - How I wish it were thicker...le sigh... It doesn't help that I just went through a massive shed
5) My grown out bangs - It feels like they will never catch up to the rest of my length

<3OnHerSleeve
November 1st, 2010, 03:54 PM
YES, now I can vent:......
1. My very slow growing hair.
2. The damage in my hair over the years. Impatience that my hair isn't the length I wanted so i "compensated" by trying to get it to the colour, texture... you name it. Perm, bleach, dye, relaxer... no wonder my hair hasn't seemed to get past BSL in the past 7 years.
3. Splits are definite problem. I'm always trying to resist constantly cutting them off because I always end up cutting off more than just the splits. So no more trimming, as tempting as it is, and just going for the splits once a month or else I'd obsess like crazy.
4. Growing out dye.... GROAN, I'm tempted to dye it one final time to be close to my natural colour... but if I do I'll never stop :S
5. Dry/boofy hair. Sigh, I always wish my hair was longer to add weight and hold my hair down a bit. It is fine, and yet so... BIG some days and loses all the curls and waves if I brush or comb.
6. Growing out my fringe... sort of both of them :S
7. the way my fringe grows double as fast as the rest of my hair. Like 1 inch regrowth in comparison to the rest of the hair which is just over 1/2 inch in the past month.

mira-chan
November 1st, 2010, 04:06 PM
1. Shedding - Seasonal shed plus vitamin deficiency, joy....
2. Scalp crud - dry sebum *sigh*
3. Taper - I have lots of it.

ilovelonghair
November 1st, 2010, 04:40 PM
length
split ends
knots
high forehead, because if it would be lower it would mean more of it was covered with hair = more hair! Does that make sense?

I used to worry endlessly about the 'bald-ish' spots on each side of my forehead, but it runs in the family.

vamq
November 1st, 2010, 05:24 PM
*Hair loss when I'm washing my hair. I'm always afraid I'm losing more than average.
Also because I always feel my hair isn't thick enough.

*The bald-ish patches on my temples. I'm already not a pretty person, so I don't want to go bald at 20 and look even worse.

*Overall appearance. Because people look at me like I'm a mad person when I wear a nice updo, with a hairtoy. Wearing my hair loose isn't an option either, because then there's nothing more than a red frizzball.

*Which brings me to my final worry: Major Frizz. Don't know how to tame it, and it's getting worse during winter.

joyxo
November 1st, 2010, 05:29 PM
1. Is my hair soft feeling? How do I make it softer?
2. Does it look shorter?
3. All the weird, wiry texture strands
4. how to part my hair
5. flatness

EdG
November 1st, 2010, 05:55 PM
1. Thinning temples. I'm especially conscious of this when my hair gets greasy and the gaps appear around my temples. Nothing says "I'm growing old" better than not having temple hairs. :wail:

2. Thickness below tailbone. I've been cursed with a lot of hairs that don't grow past tailbone, despite my longest strands reaching my calves. Every day I look for signs that my hair may be getting thicker below tailbone.
Ed

Khiwanean
November 1st, 2010, 07:20 PM
scalp issues - scalp feels caked with crud and then I feel the need to scratch it off
shine - what there is of it is mostly at the ends. Why won't it shine more near my scalp!?
splits - I see them and I'm not sure I'm brave enough to use scissors of questionable sharpness to cut them out
color - feeling a desire to go red of some flavor be it copper or auburn or fiery

abritta3
November 1st, 2010, 07:26 PM
1) Fading and non-matching color... I am growing out henna-ed hair and I hate the auburn color with darker roots haha...but I will resist the temptation to color because it also just fades.
2) Conditioning...with my combination curls/wurls I am constantly trying to get the perfect amount of moisture for my hair
3) Growth: My curls are 3" shorter when dry so I hate it when my hair is wet and it looks so much longer lol
4) Bangs/hair around the face isn't as curly as hair in back or underneath...GRRR

PiroskaCicu
November 1st, 2010, 08:30 PM
1. My scalp. I have seborrhea so it can be very itchy, flaky and oily at times. Yucky. I tame it with ACV and it is getting better :)

2. Colour... I am always checking to see how the red dye is fading, wondering if it's red enough, wanting to dye it again... lol.

3. Brushing my hair. I simply cannot stop! Love how it feels, love how it looks afterwards...

Cirafly24
November 1st, 2010, 08:55 PM
Thinning/shedding- I always feel like I'm shedding too much and like my hair is too thin. I'm a solid ii but it just feels so thin...and like what seems like a lot of people, I have thin/fine areas around my temples, and those areas only grow to about 3 inches.

Scalp cleavage- I hate it. I have to use a fine tooth comb and AVG to smooth my hair into updos or I have scalp cleavage all over. My center part is very stubborn and wants to assert itself no matter how I'm wearing my hair...even though I haven't worn my hair in a center part for years!

Bene
November 1st, 2010, 08:55 PM
I've managed to work out my other hair issues, mainly itchy/flaky scalp. Actually, I've had absolutely no dandruff or anything like that in almost 2 years, so that's not anything I ever think about anymore. My hair is virgin, I've got no dye/bleach to grow out. I've got no damage that a quick S&D can't handle. No bangs to grow out. My hair doesn't tangle or break off.

These are the few things that I deal think about now.

1. Length - My hair is longer than it's ever been in my entire life, and I'm still trying to get it to grow. I've tried every growth aid that seems to work. The ones that I've tried have helped a great deal, but I'm so lazy. Currently I'm using liquid silica, and that's boosted my growth in just 2 weeks, so I'll be sticking with that.

2. Hemline - I like nice thick ends. I gave myself a haircut a few weeks back, so now I've got some bizarre trapezoidal shape going. When I've gained a few more inches, I'll go in to get that fixed into a U-shape.

3. Frizz - Rainy/humid days are my sworn enemy :mad:

4. What to do with the leftover supplies/products from my previous hair experiments - I've figured out my routines, and streamlined everything down to just a handful of products: shampoo bars, ACV, a light oil, the occasional baking soda wash, and Burt's Bees deep conditioner. That's it. Nothing else. So what am I going to do with the dozen bottles of V05, or the pound of cassia, or the oils that were too heavy, or the aloe vera gel, or the glycerin? It would feel like such a waste to throw them out, but I can't think of anything to do with them, they're cluttering my linen closet, and I'm not going to be using any of that stuff.

arwenevenstar37
November 1st, 2010, 09:09 PM
1. is it growing yet? I really want it to grow longer and I feel like I am stuck at bsl...

2. is it soft? how can it be softer?

3. Is the end of my braid hanging down my back getting damage and breaking?

maria_asa
November 2nd, 2010, 07:03 AM
My obsessions are:

1. Taper. My hair tapers a lot and I just don't feel comfortable leaving it down in public

2. Length. I feel that I will never reach my goal length

3. Softness and shine. My hair is usually very soft and shiny so when it's not (lately for example) I get really frustrated

4. Shedding. I have a rather low shedding rate (10-20 hairs per day) and when it increases I panic rather quickly. I feel that I have so little hair to begin with so I can't afford losing any to shedding

Eolan
November 2nd, 2010, 08:55 AM
Here it goes:

1. Lack of thickness/taper. At some point, probably last year, I suffered a major shed. My ends are thin. I don't like the look of it, so I think about it ALL THE TIME. Will they ever grow thick? How much do I have to trim? Do others notice? How long will I have to wait until it thickens up? Also, will they ever thicken up? Aaand so forth in all eternity, amen.
2. Flyaways/frizz. Oh for the love of God, hairs, would you just lay down smooth!?
3. Regrowth. First - yay! Regrowth! But at this point I'm sort of sporting a shaggy, long pixie or whatever inside my other long hair style. Yeah, great. Hairs that flee from any given hairdo. Hairs in my face. Lots of fun! Eh.
4. My natural hair color. Do I love it or do I find it boring? Should I henna? Would I keep up with the upkeep? Would it suit me?
5. The never ending quest for the perfect hair product. If only I could just find the right regimen with the right hair products... I want my wonder product! Where is it?

Phew, feels kinda good to get that of my chest. Thank's for starting this thred, Igor.

enfys
November 2nd, 2010, 09:22 AM
1.Should I get to classic then maintain for layer removal,or should I trim as I go or should I just whack it all off blunt.
2. Is this much tangling normal or my fault? Was it this tangly before?
3. Can I grow it to where I want still or has my hair changed?
4. Does DH really like it or is he just being polite?

starlights
November 2nd, 2010, 11:00 AM
OK I obsess about

1. the ends of my hair, if i spot a split i have to reach for the scizzors!
2. oiling, i always add some oil into my hair and massage in
3. cleaning my brush, (taking all my stray hairs off it, sometimes seems like millions are shed everyday) :P

baaaad_kitty
November 2nd, 2010, 11:35 AM
1. my uneven ends from my last haircut in march
2. flyaway hair from the million layers from said haircut
3. is is straighter today? is it wavier? stupid 1c hair!
4. does my scalp look oily?
5. when will my hair go past my boobs?

tigerlily896
November 2nd, 2010, 11:47 AM
The things I obsess over:
1.) Are people looking at my grays? Does my hair look weird that the top part is salt and pepper and the bottom half is full of bleach/dye/heat damage?

2.) Is my hair growing at all?

3.) I wish my hair was straighter and shinier...

Alcenaia
November 2nd, 2010, 12:40 PM
1. Length. Be longer!
2. The dryness of ends. :(
3. Sometimes, the fuzzies/halo.

triumphator!
November 2nd, 2010, 01:17 PM
I'll play!

1. SOFTNESS! After starting CO, my hair is not only soft but hydrated, so it's soft and smooth. Before CO, my hair was soft and crazy, so I'm really obsessed with how it feels now. If my hair loses that feeling, I leave my conditioner on for quit a bit longer in the shower. I'm constantly stroking my ends to see if they feel as great as my length too.

2. SPLITS! I haven't taken scissors to my hair in one year and six days now, so I try to be very careful about babying my ends so that they don't look raggedy. So far, I am pleased.

3. GROWTH! I constantly look at old pictures and see how fast my hair went from shoulder to APL, try to reckon when I'll get to APL in the spring, and how long it will take me to waist. I do way too much math to call myself and English major now :)

4. WAVE, WURL OR STRAIGHT? Seriously, my hair is 3 or so different amounts of curly, depending on where it grows out of my head. I'm anywhere from 1a on the canopy to 2b at the very bottom of my hair. Depending on how I try my hair and how long I leave the conditioner in, my wave pattern changes from day to day. It annoys me, mostly because I constantly change my mind as to what I am. I'm sure once I get some length, it'll make more sense... hopefully.

I think these obsessions are pretty standard for someone above BSL... I don't have to worry about taper or crazy knots yet.

Artsy
November 2nd, 2010, 04:40 PM
1. TEXTURE.
It's curly at the top and straight at the bottom. Whichever way I fight this ends with some damage.
2. Colour.
My natural hair colour does not go with my skintone. Either I bleach my hair or go tanning constantly. I am now inclining towards bleach.
3. My Ends.
I like my ends silky, soft and thick in a blunt cut. I only manage to have all three for a short period of time.

And it grows so slow now:wail:
________
Extreme Q Vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/extreme-vaporizer)

foggybrooke
November 2nd, 2010, 05:54 PM
1. What color is my hair? I thought it was blonde all my life, I know it is darker than it used to be but is it no longer blonde? Why do I care? I know I don't want to color it, I want my natural hair color (I hate roots showing, which is why I never have colored it.) So, I obsess. Is it looking more reddish when I use ACV? If I use white vinegar is it bringing out the gray, making me look older? How about lemon rinse? Is that going to make me look more blonde? I like the lemon rinse now but what if I don't in a few years is the ends going to be lighter than the top because of the lemon rinse. I have a huge issue with the color.

2. Flyaways. I hate them! I shed a lot (always have) but have normal to thick hair, so I always have regrowth but the constant halo makes me look wild!

3. Is it long enough to braid yet? Nope. How about a bun? Nope. How about now? Nope. When???

just_ace
November 2nd, 2010, 08:30 PM
1. The length - Is it BSL yet? Even though my hair is the longest it has been in a long time, I still obsess about it not being long enough and growing too slow.

2. The thickness - My hair has always been thin and fine but I am trying to grow out these damn layers which are making the ends look even thinner.

3. Split ends - I was obsessive with S&D for a while there and have finally weened myself off it by wearing my hair up more so I can't fiddle with it.

4. Damage - I worry about unknowingly causing damage when it gets caught under the strap of my handbag, or backpack, getting caught under the BF's arm, leaning back on it when driving etc. Again wearing it up more often will help in this department.

boomtownrat
November 2nd, 2010, 08:35 PM
1. Polishing my silvers - making sure they are as bright as they can be with no yellowing
2. Growing out the pixie
3. Texture

JulietCapulet
November 2nd, 2010, 09:09 PM
Straightness-I have curly hair but I am addicted to the look of straight hair. I am currently working on being more accepting of my natural self to little success.
Shine-I use several potions that seem to make some difference in my hair, especially when blow dried.
Frizz-I live in a tropical climate
Damage-I am addicted to salons...hence the damage
Length-I love long long hair...but after I reached about BSL it has slowed down significantly. I may have to be content with this length...which I can accept.

HintOfMint
November 2nd, 2010, 09:24 PM
Oh! Another one!

Keeping my underlayer nice. It is very fine and tangles like crazy from friction, so it is easily the most high maintenance part of my hair. It will always be fairytale-ish from the frequent S&Ds, and right now it is pretty rough from a recent epic tangle from a night out dancing. I'm babying the heck out of it now, coupled with aggressive S&Ds, but I'm worried that I sustained too much damage.