PDA

View Full Version : Mrs Meers?

Fiordiligi
October 31st, 2010, 04:54 PM
So... I was out with my mother and sister today, and I suppose it was the first time they've seen me wearing a hairstick. "Ooh, a chopstick," says my sister, and my mother chimes in, "You look like Mrs Meers." If you don't know that is, look here. (http://dustedoff.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/pic8.jpg) She is a character in the musical Thoroughly Modern Millie who wears outsize chopsticks in her hair.

It was a short Ketylo, for heaven's sake, inserted horizontally through a lazy wrap bun!! Anyone else been subjected to this kind of daft comment? :)

misstwist
October 31st, 2010, 05:22 PM
Hey, at least somebody noticed! :D

Roseate
October 31st, 2010, 05:36 PM
Take it as a compliment- she has great hair in that picture! And, sadly, the only time anyone mentions my hairsticks is when they accidentally get one in the eye during a hug.

Fiordiligi
November 1st, 2010, 08:08 AM
Well, it wasn't quite the look I was after, but I suppose you're right. It's nice they noticed.

nytquill
November 2nd, 2010, 11:15 AM
I usually get "hey you've got a pencil in your hair." Like perhaps I wasn't aware that some rogue pencil had drifted down from the ceiling and landed in my bun. AACK get it off get it off!! lol!

Granted my only "hairsticks" for now until I get around to ordering some online are some chopsticks that I shortened with a pencil sharpener and then I painted the bare points with nailpolish...so they do look a LITTLE like pencils, but still.