PDA

View Full Version : When your hair was 24inch, how long did it take to reach waist and hips?

Dreamkitty
October 31st, 2010, 12:16 PM
I asked my sister to measure my hair using a measuring tape. My hair is 24inches long right now. I would like to know, how many months it would take for my hair to reach my waist and hips?. Would just like a idea, since most of you guys have really long hair, it gives me hope, that I can do the same.

spidermom
October 31st, 2010, 12:25 PM
O.k, let me see. My hair was 24.5 inches long in October 2005 after cutting all the flat-iron damage out. By October 2006 it was BSL (bottom of shoulder-blade length), and by October 2007 it was passing waist length.

I'm not sure how meaningful my figures would be for you, though, because I had lots and lots and lots of trims.

In my abbreviations, Tbone = tailbone.

jojo
October 31st, 2010, 12:36 PM
I was 24" at just past apl (2007) and BSL was 26" (2009) and have just reached waist, hip length will take another year for me.

Hair grows approx 1/2" a month, measure the difference so if your waist is 30" and you grow 1/2" a month you have 6" or 12 months to go! though trims need accounting for too!

RocketDog
October 31st, 2010, 12:39 PM
I don't measure in inches, but it's taken me a good two years to go from grazing shoulder length to mid-back length, past BSL but not waist yet. Of course, I am a pretty aggressive trimmer and had two professional haircuts in that time, and I have wavy/curly hair so it's difficult to tell the true length if it goes really sproingy on picture day ;)

renarok
October 31st, 2010, 12:46 PM
My hair was 27 inches at BSL in Oct. 07. I haven't kept great records, but it is between hip and tbl right now and my hair is 36" or so long. I believe it took about a year, with multiple trims to get to a solid waist length, which on my torso is about 32".

Torso lengths can vary so much from person to person. People who are of a shorter stature seem to zoom from apl to waist. Those persons that are tall or have extra long torsos have to wait longer.

darkwaves
October 31st, 2010, 12:54 PM
It will depend on your growth rate, trims, and yes, your hair type -- and also whether you mean dry and bouncy, or wet/stretched. (If you have waves or curls, it may be waist or hip, but not look that at all. Mine is now about TBL, but looks low waist/hip length.)

For me, it took about a year per step, i.e., from shoulder to high BSL to low BSL to waist to hip -- based on what it looks like, I mean, not by measurements. By measurements, it's grown about four inches a year... more when it was shorter, less recently as I've been going through trimming phases. If that's any help!

princessp
October 31st, 2010, 01:17 PM
Well my hair was 27" back in March and it is below waist now. I didn't do any trims and I think my hair grows fast (I have just figured it out to be about 1" a month, I think that is fast but I don't know for sure). If your hair is like mine, I would say about 10 months.

ETA: I am assuming waist for you is where mine is (around 32"). I am around 33-34" now.

Carolyn
October 31st, 2010, 01:37 PM
OK well there are a lot of factors here. Your height, your hair type and your growth rate. I am 2" longer than the average person in what is called "back waist length" for sewing a garment and 5' 8 1/2" tall. My growth rate is 1/2" per month and my hair is only slightly wavy and so don't have much curl shrinkage. 24" was in the mid back abyss for me. It would take me 2 years to reach waist and another year to reach hip length, those lengths being 33'' and 36'' respectively. My advice to you would be to concentrate on growing the best quality hair that you can. The length will come in time.

pepperminttea
October 31st, 2010, 02:14 PM
I joined LHC at about 27", so I'm not entirely sure - but it took me two years to get from APL to waist. I am 5'10" though, so if you're smaller in stature you'll probably get there a bit faster than me, luck/growth rate permitting. :)