PDA

View Full Version : I've cut my hair yet again.

Katurday
October 30th, 2010, 08:59 PM
I've cut my APL hair back to about a chin length bob. I was so sick of it falling out everywhere and the pain of combing and all those things...I'm starting to think my hair is not the sort that should be grown out - it was extremely thick at APL and took forever to dry... It was a mixture of F/M/C so it was crazy tangly... And it was permanently frizzy no matter what I did.

I'm not saying I'll never grow out again - I will of course, but for now I'll maintain this bob until my henna grows out and I purchase more things like soapbars and such. I don't think I learned how to care of it really, because my old routines like brushing it caused me to lose an inch in circ. I feel like this would be more of a clean, blunt slate than growing out somewhat scraggly ends and hair that is extremely dry from henna.

I really don't regret this decision at all, actually. Bob is a good easy haircut for me, seeing as my hair is pretty straight and co-operative. At the very least, I'm certain I cut off all my past dye damage. Can I still hang around here, if I promise to grow out my hair once I'm done maintaining the henna grow out? Pretty please?:D

jenwexler
October 30th, 2010, 09:06 PM
I'm right here with you on your journey to grow out the henna! Well my dye wasn't henna per say but it was a pretty brutal dye on my hair haha. It took over and made it dry, brittle, and unmanageable. I cut my hair short like 2 weeks ago into a shag. We can go over progress together =]

Katurday
October 30th, 2010, 09:10 PM
I'm right here with you on your journey to grow out the henna! Well my dye wasn't henna per say but it was a pretty brutal dye on my hair haha. It took over and made it dry, brittle, and unmanageable. I cut my hair short like 2 weeks ago into a shag. We can go over progress together =]
I know henna is the panacea of most hair types but it made my hair exactly what the dye made yours... I think it was protein overload or SOMETHING - all I know is I had nice soft ends one week, a henna later and I have something that feels like slick undamaged pine needles. Its certainly a YMMV herb. But now you gave me permission to flood you with stupid things like "OMG LOOK AT MY DEMARCATION LINE" and stuff.

:stirpot:

Tonks
October 30th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Of course you can still hang around! We all love hair :)

Dragon
October 30th, 2010, 09:12 PM
I'm glad you are happy with how your hair looks :) Please don't leave us.

jenwexler
October 30th, 2010, 09:30 PM
I miss my hair but I do think it was the right thing to cut it.

katha
October 31st, 2010, 01:50 AM
Good that you're happy with your decision. A bob looks good on most people I think. :)

DecafJane
October 31st, 2010, 02:15 AM
When you decide to start growing it again, you can join those of us growing out from a bob. ;)

I always use cones and traditional hair products because otherwise my hair is too tangly and unmanageable.

Good luck with your hair future and of course people are happy for you to stay around!

Angelica
October 31st, 2010, 07:43 AM
I tried henna in my hair a couple of times as well. Both occasions my hair was worse after using it. Very rough and tangly. The colour didn't even take properly! Fortunately I didn't have to resort to cutting it though.

Sorry you had to cut. But I am glad you are happy with your decision :)

ericthegreat
October 31st, 2010, 09:07 AM
The most important thing is that you like your hair and that you are comfortable with how it behaves on you. So if a bob is what works for you, then it works for you and you don't have to feel guilty at all for not wanting your hair longer. LHC is about loving your hair and caring for it in the best possible way, not necessarily about growing and maintaining Rapunzel lengths of hair.

And, the best thing about hair of course is that it always grows back. Who knows, maybe one day you'll decide to grow it longer again.