PDA

View Full Version : Awesome braids

phistash
October 30th, 2010, 11:23 AM
I don't read the NY Daily News, but the other day, when I arrived at work, someone had that newspaper open to the cover story, which was about a female cop who was promoted to detective for the way she handled an armed robbery at the hairdresser's (in my neighborhood..eep!). She shot the gun out of the dude's hand and then shot the door to keep him from escaping. Anyway, the story was accompanied by a picture of her awesome braids. I couldn't find the picture on their website, so I scanned it. Sorry for the crappy quality:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=5368&pictureid=87039

I think her hair may be real, but then I am notoriously bad at recognizing fake or dyed hair. Either way, her hair must be very long!

mali
October 30th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Really cool! She did the right thing.Altough it seems they wanted to show her braids rather than show us her act of courage!:confused:

phistash
October 30th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Really cool! She did the right thing.Altough it seems they wanted to show her braids rather than show us her act of courage!:confused:

Actually, when I went onto the Daily News website to see if I could find a picture of her hair, I saw that they had covered the story several times over the course of the week, but this one in particular was about her promotion. She had just arrived at the hairdresser's when it all happened, so she made a point of getting it done for the ceremony. I thought it looked amazing.

Niwa
October 30th, 2010, 11:41 AM
It looks like she has locs that she braided, and her hair really is pretty, as is her smile. Her shooting ability must be amazing. I don't think I've ever heard of a real life person being able to shoot a gun out of someone's hands (one sees and hears of such things only in the movies!).