PDA

View Full Version : Going white or grey?

Igor
October 30th, 2010, 09:51 AM
All the recent going grey-threads have made me wonder if I will go grey like a blonde or white like a redhead. I have that sort of too dark to be really blonde, too light to be really brunette and with a lot of red in it-colour. I’m even the odd one out in my family, being the only one with red tones :shrug:
Anyone have an idea?

spidermom
October 30th, 2010, 09:59 AM
I've always been a blonde and have both wirey, coarse, white hairs and fine silvery hairs.

Starflower
October 30th, 2010, 10:25 AM
I am a natural brunette and I have not one grey on my head, all of my non brown are as white as snow.
My brother is a dirty blonde and he has some whites, my other brother is almost raven and his come in white. My twin sisters are both redheads but are only 21 so time will tell if they get grey and/or white but my one little sister did find a white about 2 months ago.
Maybe if you look at some of the older people in your family you'll be able to take an accurate guess. All the people on my fathers side turn white early, my mothers side stay their original color for a long time and then turn salt and pepper with both grey and white after about 55.
I am 33 and about 1/4 of my hair has white so I take after my fathers side without a doubt.

Deborah
October 30th, 2010, 10:50 AM
I am a brunette with some reddish tones thrown in. I have no gray hairs, but a handful of white ones.

Morrighan
October 30th, 2010, 11:27 AM
I don't think you can tell just from your original hair color, unless maybe you look at the hair of your older relatives to see if there's a pattern. That's what I did before I got my first white and found that my family has a pattern, but I broke it. All the blondes turn white and all the brunettes turn grey, except for my mom who's gray by inside lighting but silvery in sunlight. I was expecting grey since my hair is dark brown, but then got a white at 22. I don't know if all my other hairs will come in white since I haven't gotten any more, and I heard our grey hairs could be multicolored. Like white, grey, and silver on one head.

CrisDee
October 30th, 2010, 11:36 AM
All the recent going grey-threads have made me wonder if I will go grey like a blonde or white like a redhead. I have that sort of too dark to be really blonde, too light to be really brunette and with a lot of red in it-colour. I’m even the odd one out in my family, being the only one with red tones :shrug:
Anyone have an idea?

Wow, your natural color sounds almost exactly like mine! And I'm also the odd one out in my family, everyone else was born blonde! I haven't seen my natural color since the Reagan years, though, so I don't know what the grays would look like mixed in with my natural color. But from what I can see when my roots come in, they're all quite white.

Madora
October 30th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Starting going grey when I hit 55, mostly along the front temple area.

Altocumulus
October 30th, 2010, 12:58 PM
I've always been a blonde and have both wirey, coarse, white hairs and fine silvery hairs.

Same here.

ktani
October 30th, 2010, 01:09 PM
All the recent going grey-threads have made me wonder if I will go grey like a blonde or white like a redhead. I have that sort of too dark to be really blonde, too light to be really brunette and with a lot of red in it-colour. I’m even the odd one out in my family, being the only one with red tones :shrug: Anyone have an idea?

I do not see the difference with the shades. I am naturally a dark blonde with red in my hair. My hair has grey/white streaks that I stain light blonde with catnip tea (an infusion).

On darker shades including red, grey or white shows up more (contrasting colour). The lighter the hair colour, the less obvious grey or white looks at first. It depends on how much grey or white there is and where it is located, as to how obvious it can appear to be.

Little_Bird
October 30th, 2010, 02:23 PM
I wonder about that too. My grandfather has white hair and I hope mine goes that colour too :) I have hair colous just like yours. I can't figure whether it's brown or blonde hehe ;)

We'll have to wait and see! :D

boomtownrat
October 30th, 2010, 02:29 PM
My hair was auburn/chestnut brown before it turned silver, grey, and white as it is now -- it's a mix, mostly silver and fine. I may not be a good example, though, because I was born with dark red, curly hair that became straight and dirty blonde by the time I was four, then naturally darkened to deep chestnut brown and wavy by age nine or so, then lightened to the auburn/chestnut brown when I was a teenager. After that I'm not sure how it looked coming in the early days because I started dyeing it for fun when I was 15. I do recall that the first ones came in white when I was 14.

jojo
October 30th, 2010, 03:29 PM
my natural colour id describe as a dark blond with copper and my grays are more white

xoxophelia
October 30th, 2010, 03:53 PM
From looking at your hair, my guess would be salt and pepper but that is just because all the people in my family with that hair color have done the same. They usually get darker or more brown first and then it shifts to slowly getting "highlights" instead of all over white. Only time can tell though!